Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more polls predict modi win and congress rout

5 posters

Go down

more polls predict modi win and congress rout Empty more polls predict modi win and congress rout

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:38 pm

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Polls-predict-BJP-sweep-in-UP-AAP-in-Delhi/articleshow/29268275.cms
more and more polls show that congress will be rebuffed by Indian electorate.
bjp is picking up support in its old strongholds such as up and bihar. congress , on the hand, is losing support in its traditional bastions such as andhra pradesh by its own misguided policies of state bifurcation.

the good news for congress is that all these come with the caveat that if elections were held in Jan 2014. the elections are three to four months away. things can still change. congress probably reached its bottom and it can only improve uf it begins to think. congress can also hope for something happening in the modi roit zone. the supreme court or hc may give them a decision to derail him.

the non congress and non bjp entities are doing better. but modi's popularity could rally some of those anti congress votes to his side.

congress diehards like rashmun, merlot drinkers and pseudo seculars may find this news a bit difficult to swallow. It may get more bitter as days go by.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

more polls predict modi win and congress rout Empty Re: more polls predict modi win and congress rout

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Let us begin by remembering that at exactly this time ten years ago, everyone assumed that the NDA would have a walk-over. Indeed, that is the only reason the BJP Prime Minister brought forward by six months, from October to May, the Lok Sabha elections of that year.

I remember a solitary article by Yogendra Yadav (then an intellectual of repute, now a pall-bearer of the Aam Admi Party) speculating in a really thoughtful, closely-argued article in a leading national newspaper that the outcome of that election was not yet a closed chapter. That, indeed, turned out to be the case. Soberly assessing the Party's own electoral prospects, the Congress stitched up a series of alliances in the run-up to 2004 and emerged triumphant. I felt so sorry for Atal Behari Vajpayee that after taking my oath as a minister, I walked up to him in Parliament and humbly touched his feet. There were not a few on our benches who reproached me for that gesture but I have not regretted it for Vajpayee was a good man and I felt the least one could do was offer an expression of human sympathy for one whose hopes had so suddenly crashed to the ground.

Modi, however, is not a good man. He is going to receive not a drop of the milk of human kindness from me when his hopes are equally dashed come the merry, merry month of May.

The pre-poll survey results that are flooding TV channels are all serving to indicate to all concerned what they need to do to turn the apparent outcome on its head, even as happened in 2004, indeed even as happened in 2009 when UPA-II bested its own record as UPA-I.

That would be at two levels - the tactical and the strategic. At the tactical level, the DMK would be seeing the stark prediction that its strength in Parliament might be reduced to a mere five, while its principal opponent's soars to perhaps the highest among the "Third Force" parties if it does not shed its present reluctance to join hands with others who are at least as interested in dampening the Puratchi Thalaivi's ambitions as they themselves are.

Equally, a divided house in UP has opened several doors for the BJP. Those doors could start getting shut if like-minded parties were to start getting together. The same holds for Bihar. Closing ranks in those two states could dramatically alter current predictions. The lesson is different but similar for the NCP and the Congress in Maharashtra.

On the other side, the resistance to seeing Modi toppling their own hopes is also a lesson that those, such as the Left Front, who want to see a secular government emerge are bound to learn and absorb. Thus, tactically speaking, the assumption on which the current surveys are based - that the present line-up is the final line-up - could well be changed in state after state.

But more than the tactical is the strategic offensive that all those who do not want to see a Modi-led government must take. "No, we can't" must change to "No, we mustn't" to point to the dangers that lie ahead if things do not change over the next hundred days.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/opinion/mani-talk-we-ve-been-far-too-polite-to-modi-474975

Back to top Go down

more polls predict modi win and congress rout Empty Re: more polls predict modi win and congress rout

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:51 pm

http://www.opinionstage.com/polls/2175961/poll

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Rashmun
anything is possible but in most cases not probable.
By the way the article is written by manic iyer the bootlicker of sonia and rahul.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Rashmun
anything is possible but in most cases not probable.
By the way the article is written by manic iyer the bootlicker of sonia and rahul.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:26 pm

As I said before, as bad a shape as the Congress is in, as much publicity/credit as Modi is getting, if he can't help BJP get absolute majority he is just another pompous ass. This must be once in a lifetime opportunity similar to that lucky bastard NTR enjoyed in A.P, back in the day.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:06 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:As I said before, as bad a shape as the Congress is in, as much publicity/credit as Modi is getting, if he can't help BJP get absolute majority he is just another pompous ass. This must be once in a lifetime opportunity similar to that lucky bastard NTR enjoyed in A.P, back in the day.

Cd
your demand that modi or bjp or bjp alliance get an absolute majority is an impossible task. Are you trying to set up rights to call modi a pompous ass?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:11 pm

Whatever happened to my response?

Rashmunullah is doing a great job in improving Modi's popularity. If he continues at this rate, Modi and the BJP might even get 300+ on their own.

keep up the good work of your (idiotic) CONass licking...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Whatever happened to my response?

Rashmunullah is doing a great job in improving Modi's popularity. If he continues at this rate, Modi and the BJP might even get 300+ on their own.

didn't you say recently that you have resolved not to fight with me anymore? What happened? Are you really so fickle?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:12 am

Rashmun wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Whatever happened to my response?

didn't you say recently that you have resolved not to fight with me anymore? What happened? Are you really so fickle?

Did I ? Oh..it is one of those tricks that you play to make an imagination into a "fact"

In any case, who said I am fighting you ? I was merely stating a fact about you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:30 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:As I said before, as bad a shape as the Congress is in, as much publicity/credit as Modi is getting, if he can't help BJP get absolute majority he is just another pompous ass. This must be once in a lifetime opportunity similar to that lucky bastard NTR enjoyed in A.P, back in the day.

Hmm. Interesting.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Are you implicitly referring to your leader Shehzada as well?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Hmm. Interesting.
Anybody who is familiar with the backdrop wouldn't find my comment any interesting. People were so vexed with Congress & Indira that they would've elected anybody. I would've won 100 seats had I floated a new party.

P.S: Most Telugus on this board are biased towards TDP; they won't agree with my comments.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Are you implicitly referring to your leader Shehzada as well?

No we're talking specifically about your [budhdha] Shehzada a.k.a NaMO.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:08 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Hmm. Interesting.
Anybody who is familiar with the backdrop wouldn't find my comment any interesting. People were so vexed with Congress & Indira that they would've elected anybody. I would've won 100 seats had I floated a new party.

P.S: Most Telugus on this board are biased towards TDP; they won't agree with my comments.

Let's see if they disagree with you.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:30 pm

http://news.oneindia.in/india/abp-news-nielsen-opinion-poll-bjp-to-get-210-seats-1383359.html
Sorry rash. No end in sight for Cd.
The corrupt Indian media is just piling on poor rahul who cannot get past 15% mark. Probably reminds him of his school grades.

If elections were held in Jan 2014, modi will win 226 and is likely to form govt.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:44 pm

truthbetold wrote:http://news.oneindia.in/india/abp-news-nielsen-opinion-poll-bjp-to-get-210-seats-1383359.html
The corrupt Indian media is just piling on poor rahul who cannot get past 15% mark. Probably reminds him of his school grades.

If elections were held in Jan 2014, modi will win 226 and is likely to form govt.

Hope the BJP stands in 400+ seats as it has to get 250+ on its own to form any stable govt. it can only rely on SS, Akalis. JJ with her 30+ seats will extract her pound of flesh. Hopefully, she wont give trouble to Modi as she gave ABV. Others like Mamta, Naveen, CBN are all unreliable. Modi appears to be smart enough and not try to be goodly to everyone like ABV and become slave of the psychos.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:13 pm

truthbetold wrote:http://news.oneindia.in/india/abp-news-nielsen-opinion-poll-bjp-to-get-210-seats-1383359.html

Wonder Why this election year reminds me of '77 fiasco  Advani 'wants to contest Lok Sabha polls'

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:55 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Anti-Congress party doesn't automatically mean Pro-TDP. Some of us are equal opportunity haters. :-)

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Cd
what 77 fiasco? a congress rout?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:39 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cd
what 77 fiasco? a congress rout?

Very smart of you TBT Razz You know what I mean, what transpired later in '79.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down