Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confuzzled Dude

2 posters

Go down

Confuzzled Dude Empty Confuzzled Dude

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Please share your views on the Nizams of Hyderabad, particularly the last Nizam. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Confuzzled Dude Empty Re: Confuzzled Dude

Post by FluteHolder Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:32 pm

I want the diagram/picture provided by Charvaka showing the good side and not so good side of Nizam...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 pm

The Nizam and his legacy continue to divide the people of Andhra Pradesh even today:

Hyderabad: The Nizams’ rule found place in the record books of both the Legislative Assembly and Council on Friday.
Congress MLC Mohd Ali Shabbir actually submitted a detailed note to Council chairman A. Chakrapani, stating that the Nizams, especially Nizam VII, had developed Hyderabad city and not Telugu Desam president N. Chandrababu Naidu.
Shabbir listed over 100 buildings, monuments, infrastructure projects, government departments, hospitals and others, including the present Assembly building, Jubilee Hall, Hussainsagar Lake, Railway network, Road Transport Corporation, Begumpet Airport, Osmania University, Osmania General Hospital etc. that had been constructed by the Nizams or during their reign.

“Pre-1956 Hyderabad was the largest and most prosperous of all princely states in India. It had its own army, airline, telecommunication system, railway network, postal system, currency and radio broadcasting,” he explained in the note which was part of the debate on the AP Reorganisation Bill.
“Hyderabad, the first planned city of India, was already a developed city centuries before it became part of Andhra Pradesh. The world’s first drinking water reservoir, Hussainsagar, was built in 1562,” he said.

Several MLAs and MLCs like Akbaruddin Owaisi, Mohd Shabbir Ali, Etela Rajender and others gave credit to the Nizams for the development of Hyderabad, while some Seemandhra MLAs like D. Narendra and others criticised their rule, which they said, had led to the Telangana armed rebellion and the notorious Razakaar movement.
"I wanted to put the record straight. The Nizams developed Hyderabad city and others contributed later. The claim of Leader of Opposition in Assembly, Nara Chandrababu Naidu, is ridiculous that he got Hyderabad on the global map. The fact is, Naidu went on the global map and got recognition by reciting the name of Hyderabad repeatedly," Shabbir Ali said in the note to the Legislative Council Chairman.

He challenged Seemandhra leaders for an open debate on Hyderabad. "In fact, Naidu tried to damage the culture and identity of Hyderabad. The historic Hussain Sagar Lake was shrunk during Naidu’s period and he tried to change the name of the city from Hyderabad to Cyberabad. Even NTR’s samadhi is built on encroached land which was originally Hussain Sagar," he alleged.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140125/news-politics/article/ali-nizams-built-city-not-naidu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:55 am

I don't have much of an opinion, definitely not a high opinion. Yes, he has done a few good/useful things mostly in/around Hyderabad but at the end of the day he was just another stooge of British, who amassed wealth for himself by looting his own people. I don't think Hindus in his state (other than a few of his cohorts/feudal lords) were treated fairly. I'm not sure if he is really a visionary as they claim. One should analyze development between Hyderabad State viz a viz Mysore State, to get the real picture. If he did all those good deeds as they claim why was interior Telangana was so backward compared to Hyderabad city or the Coastal Andhra which was under British rule.

As per all these idiots from Telangana that heap praise on Nizam and stop short of calling Nizam's rule as the greatest need some deep introspection or should be admitted in Erragadda.

P.S: It doesn't mean I agree with CBN's cacophony.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down