Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U turn

+4
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Impedimenta
.|Sublime|.
Another Brick
8 posters

Go down

U turn Empty U turn

Post by Another Brick Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 am

i started for home at 6:30 and hit the traffic 200 meters from the gate of my office. hoping that this was only a soon-to-be-cleared, temporary snarl, i stayed put. however, even after spending 40 minutes when i managed to move only a kilometer, i lost my faith in humanity and i took a U and came back.

conclusion: india can never be a super power. not with such sh!TTy infra.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

U turn Empty Re: U turn

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 am

Another Brick wrote:i started for home at 6:30 and hit the traffic 200 meters from the gate of my office. hoping that this was only a soon-to-be-cleared, temporary snarl, i stayed put. however, even after spending 40 minutes when i managed to move only a kilometer, i lost my faith in humanity and i took a U and came back.

that way, even NY cannot be a super power. Even been stuck at Holland Tunnel for 2 hours? We have. That too on early Sunday mornings at 1:00 am!!!

bleh.

Just today we spent like 15 minutes in the metro, watcing and waiting for a bus to figure out how to maneuver a wide right turn on a narrow street. Was a collaborative effort by 5 other cars to make room.

double bleh.

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Another Brick wrote:i started for home at 6:30 and hit the traffic 200 meters from the gate of my office. hoping that this was only a soon-to-be-cleared, temporary snarl, i stayed put. however, even after spending 40 minutes when i managed to move only a kilometer, i lost my faith in humanity and i took a U and came back.

that way, even NY cannot be a super power. Even been stuck at Holland Tunnel for 2 hours? We have. That too on early Sunday mornings at 1:00 am!!!

bleh.

Just today we spent like 15 minutes in the metro, watcing and waiting for a bus to figure out how to maneuver a wide right turn on a narrow street. Was a collaborative effort by 5 other cars to make room.

double bleh.

the cars collaborated. they did not keep honking or trying to find a way around the bus. did autos try to cut through? what about two wheelers? did they move within 1 microinch of the bus and try to zoom past in the small space between the bus and the sidewalk? if you answered no to any one of these questions, I am sorry to say you do not get to talk. Smile (in case you misconstrue my statements, requisite smiley has been added)

AB please continue.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 am

I was just... ok, you win this one...

holland tunnel, 2 hours is still crazy. just saying.

also, I have spent 45 minutes on half mile stretch on a smaller road in edison nj, which was connecting the main road. When I finally got to the intersection, I knew why... that was coz, the main road cars would always overflood the intersection, so when there was green signal for us, there was no room to cross.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:57 am

Lucky me, I don't drive on HWY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

bleh.

double bleh.

look here (skip the text and look at the pics). in the third pic, i challenge you to show me where the road is divided. this is what we see every morning on our lucky day. on our unlucky day, we see worse. today, because of the heavy rains, traffic is even slower. also, note that none of the pics here show potholes as big as the state of sikkim.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:17 am

totally agree with the shitty traffic...btw, how did you even manage to make a u turn? actually if i had to choose between the military rule of the cops in NJ and mind numbingly ridiculous traffic......tough choice..

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:23 am

Impedimenta wrote: totally agree with the shitty traffic...btw, how did you even manage to make a u turn? actually if i had to choose between the military rule of the cops in NJ and mind numbingly ridiculous traffic......tough choice..

i ignored all the expletives hurled at me by the six-seaters (tum tums), buses, bikes, autos, bicycles, people taking a stroll on the road, dogs, beggars, hawkers and cars and took the U turn in just over a minute after losing my faith in humanity. wish me good luck, all you CHers, for I now embark on a journey of 14 kilometers through all things mentioned above, rain and potholes.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am

Another Brick wrote:
Impedimenta wrote: totally agree with the shitty traffic...btw, how did you even manage to make a u turn? actually if i had to choose between the military rule of the cops in NJ and mind numbingly ridiculous traffic......tough choice..

i ignored all the expletives hurled at me by the six-seaters (tum tums), buses, bikes, autos, bicycles, people taking a stroll on the road, dogs, beggars, hawkers and cars and took the U turn in just over a minute after losing my faith in humanity. wish me good luck, all you CHers, for I now embark on a journey of 14 kilometers through all things mentioned above, rain and potholes.

I congratulate India and Indians on attaining a higher standard of living and well on the way to superpowerism. I am waiting for those few who are seen walking to buy Nano. All India needs to complete are the $1000 homes with the sewage diverted onto the nearest highways.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:36 am

saamiyar,
what nano? every family in chennai has an average of 3 cars, one SUV. i saw way too many BMWs and audis. so much money, so many cars, but where road?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:42 am

Those pictures AB posted remind me of this horrible intersection near my parents' house in Hyderabad. I used to drive 3-4 km to work. If I left home at 9 am, I would spend 30 minutes at this no-red-light, unmanned intersection, jostling for space to get into the intersection, and then elbowing your way out of it in the direction you want to head. I did that a few days, and then started leaving for work at 10:30 am just to avoid that traffic. Remembering that intersection still shakes my conviction about wanting to return to India for good within the next few years.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 am

I've been working remotely and traveling sporadically to local office in Blore and have honestly been enjoying driving - both 2 wheeler and car here...it's been fun especially wedging through in my 2-wheeler between cars, buses, bullock-carts, autos and people...dogs even...love it!

Mornings - I start early - stop by for nice breakfast, filer coffee & a smoke and then get to office by 8...

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:47 am

Richard Hed wrote:I've been working remotely and traveling sporadically to local office in Blore and have honestly been enjoying driving - both 2 wheeler and car here...it's been fun especially wedging through in my 2-wheeler between cars, buses, bullock-carts, autos and people...dogs even...love it!

Mornings - I start early - stop by for nice breakfast, filer coffee & a smoke and then get to office by 8...
Yeah, these days when I go to India, I prefer driving a bike rather than a car.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:50 am

yeah.. in my college breaks my job was to drop and pick up my mom from the med college... for that I had to make a right turn at one of the intersections... here was the beauty of it... even if it was just the 'right' signal for us, the upcoming traffic would also go... And I just simply had to adaao my peugeot in the middle of that, and then inch along trying not to hit scooters, cycles, rikhshaws, cows, people, and sometimes cars too... not just that, I got honked at pretty much everyday for that too.

I am still not done with my rant.. Even though that right lane was for people wanting to make a right turn, since there won't be too many right turn people, the people who wanted to go straight would block that lane.. now baithe raho till that was clear.

It doesn't end here... people who did want to make a right turn would sometimes stop at the middle or the left most lane... so now at the right signal, THEY would try to overtake you as well.

All this nonsense, had to face two times every day. I would be so relieved whenever my colleges would start again.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:50 am

http://www.gadgetnews.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/TVS-Apache-RTR-180-ABS-Price.jpg

this - makes it a joy to ride in Blore for me...got it on this trip against the advice of many but, I've not regretted it for a moment...

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Impedimenta wrote:actually if i had to choose between the military rule of the cops in NJ and mind numbingly ridiculous traffic......tough choice..

Actually, traffic rules anywhere in the US would seem like military rule to you. I have a feeling that cops in NJ have cut you more slack than they would someone else... like may be a black guy or a brown guy. I draw this conclusion based on your posts about traffic and driving that I have read. I have no idea how many more such posts I missed.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 pm

Impedimenta wrote:saamiyar,
what nano? every family in chennai has an average of 3 cars, one SUV. i saw way too many BMWs and audis. so much money, so many cars, but where road?

You seem to belong to a totally different India than me.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:24 pm

you SP sir are in denial about a lot of things. NJ is a police state. you can ask any resident who drives there a lot. ha ha, if this is cutting me some slack, i don't want to know what it would be like on the other side of the fence.
you generally say what you want? BTW, whenever i see you and rekz engage in banter, i am reminded of the song from bombay, uyire uyire you know where she runs like a mad possesed woman into the arms of the chubster...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Impedimenta wrote:song from bombay, uyire uyire you know where she runs like a mad possesed woman into the arms of the chubster...

yep. know what that song is. they probably made her wear no bra in that... dunno why they always made Manisha run.... Anyhoos, husband's all time fave was manisha.. for a long time actually. so he too, loves that scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:37 pm

ayiyooyoooo impy and tracy...your account got hacked by propogandhi711?affraid
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Rekz wrote:ayiyooyoooo impy and tracy...your account got hacked by propogandhi711?affraid

scratch but they didn't show her butt in the movie...

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:41 pm

support, the woman needed support, big time....aiyooo raama...

rekz - don't you like manisha?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Impedimenta wrote:support, the woman needed support, big time....aiyooo raama...

impy- All this while u were like a acharamana iyer athu girl...what did u drink tonite?
Manisha she was good in dil se....I like the chubster too...but u can't compare him with SP..he is lungi guy..
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rekz wrote:ayiyooyoooo impy and tracy...your account got hacked by propogandhi711?affraid

scratch but they didn't show her butt in the movie...

..not in THAT movie would be right..

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Impedimenta wrote:support, the woman needed support, big time....aiyooo raama...

directorial touch eh !!!?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 pm

govt shouldn't pay the road makers the full amount until their roads survive atleast 3 years and then pay. Otherwise these contractors do a lousy job and take the money for roads that dont last even one year.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:song from bombay, uyire uyire you know where she runs like a mad possesed woman into the arms of the chubster...

yep. know what that song is. they probably made her wear no bra in that... dunno why they always made Manisha run.... Anyhoos, husband's all time fave was manisha.. for a long time actually. so he too, loves that scene.

This reminds me of the only time I ever paid for sex!

When I was a kid, there was a hot aunty-looking actress who played secondary roles in South Indian movies. She was usually the hot older sister or sister-in-law, etc. in a handful of movies. When she came in initially as a perky 19-year-old, she was made a heroine in a couple of movies. But then, one of the producers left his first family to marry her. A few years after marriage, she wanted to get back to her artistic career, but her husband would only allow her secondary roles (although she was just in her 20s) in which there was no danger of some old or older sleazy South Indian hero feeling up her considerable frontage.

She had beautiful tits that seemed to defy gravity. They were these dynamic D-cups that always seemed to be at raised attention. The only things that come close to comparison are the voluptuous sculptures in ancient Hindu temples. I still remember a HUGE argument I had with a Retardmun-like classmate who claimed that she didn't wear bras. My theory was that nobody's tits could be so big and still appear so firm and stand-up, without proper support. His theory was that this actress had indeed grown this type of wonder-of-the-world assets not once, but twice. I was infuriated with his virgin stupidity and we almost came down to blows.

What does this have to do with my paying for sex years later? Break ke baad, while I go for a late lunch.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:17 pm

A few years ago, I was in India and had gone out to party with old friends from my school and college days. We were all sitting around, drinking and chatting and laughing late into the night when the discussion turned to sexy actresses. While everybody were chanting the names of Bipasha Basu and Mallika Sherawat, I said something about how the actresses of today have neither the looks nor the grace nor the class of some actresses from yesteryears like Ms Srilatha from our school days. Ms Srilatha (not the real name) is the well-endowed actress that I described in my previous post.

At this point, all my friends burst out laughing. When I asked them why the hell they were laughing, my Retardmun-like friend asked me slyly if I really liked Srilatha a lot. "Of course!", I declared, "I am sure she is an awesome MILF now. Would love to meet her." And then, this guy cooly declares, "I can arrange that. Just give me Rs. 25,000".

Turns out that the producer who married Ms Srilatha divorced her at some point of time for yet another young actress. He let go of her with a small pay-off that ran out pretty quickly. In order to make ends meet, Ms Srilatha had turned into a high profile 'working lady' in my hometown in India. Her going rate at that time was Rs 25,000 per session. For Rs 45,000, I could spend the whole night with her. For an additional bonus of Rs 5,000 I could either have dinner or breakfast with her, depending on her convenience, in addition to the whole night session.

I didn't believe it when my friends gave me all these details. For a woman as pretty and smart and talented and classy as Ms Srilatha, surely, there were much better ways than this type of work. There was only one way for me to ascertain the truth for myself. And, I reasoned, this would also give me an opportunity to settle that age-old argument once for all - did she use support or not in those movies long ago? I also reasoned that as long as I was paying to 'meet' a much-lusted after actress, why not go for the full 50K deluxe package?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:32 pm

We have a story writing competition going on in this forum - TW and SP. harharmahadev too but less prolific.
SP, start your own thread/series.
Unlike the other series, your story may not be "true only in the world of your characters" Smile

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 am

entertaining read, that story. look what turn this thread has taken now.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down