Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dust and lenses

+2
Merlot Daruwala
Silly Point
6 posters

Go down

dust and lenses Empty dust and lenses

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:42 pm

.... Sad tear in my lenses. second one happening in three days!!! i have weekly but have exhausted my supply, almost :-( Question is, laser or not?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

dust and lenses Empty Re: dust and lenses

Post by Kris Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Impedimenta wrote:.... Sad tear in my lenses. second one happening in three days!!! i have weekly but have exhausted my supply, almost :-( Question is, laser or not?

>>Lasik is not a bad way to go, but it is not for everyone. Have them check you out and get a second opinion, just to be sure. I had to go a second time for a touch up. The other aspect of it is they can solve your problem as of that time, but your eyes tend to degenerate over time. As an anticipatory measure, they under-adjust one eye and over-adjust the other. So it is not perfect, but yes, the big + is getting over the nuisance of  dust and the maintenance of your contacts.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:35 pm

But what if u got daily lenses like I have.. Wear and toss of leave them in the sink to watch them dry up ( it's a fun vela experiment) i find dailies a safer option IMO

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:47 pm

Impedimenta wrote:.... Sad tear in my lenses. second one happening in three days!!! i have weekly but have exhausted my supply, almost :-( Question is, laser or not?

We may be a third world dump, but contact lenses - daily or weekly, take your pick - are easily available at any optician's store. You don't need no prescription either.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:59 am

going to one right now.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:32 am

Imps, since you are already there, is it possible to find out who the best opthalmologist in Chennai is who is an expert at doing the Intra Ocular lens surgeries? I'll find out from my other source in chennai, but i thought if i get more input, i'll have the option of looking into it more. Thanks.

Have a wonderful vacation!

PS: If any of the SuChers can give me an input of the above, i'd really be grateful. TIA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:36 am

sorry for the thread-jack...but i just heard about an orthodontist who worked on k r vijaya...stop it...her teeth.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 am

Kinnera wrote:Imps, since you are already there, is it possible to find out who the best opthalmologist in Chennai is who is an expert at doing the Intra Ocular lens surgeries? I'll find out from my other source in chennai, but i thought if i get more input, i'll have the option of looking into it more. Thanks.

PS: If any of the SuChers can give me an input of the above, i'd really be grateful. TIA.

>>>Maybe about 10 years ago, I talked to Agarwal about getting my Lasik done there, but changed my mind and got it done in CA. I don't know if he is still active. There are state-of-the- art guys around now. Just ask around.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:42 am

Petrichor wrote:sorry for the thread-jack...but i just heard about an orthodontist who worked on k r vijaya...stop it...her teeth.
Her teeth are/were/always been fine, no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:55 am

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Imps, since you are already there, is it possible to find out who the best opthalmologist in Chennai is who is an expert at doing the Intra Ocular lens surgeries? I'll find out from my other source in chennai, but i thought if i get more input, i'll have the option of looking into it more. Thanks.

>>>Maybe about 10 years ago, I talked to Agarwal about getting my Lasik done there, but changed my mind and got it done in CA. I don't know if he is still active. There are state-of-the- art guys around now. Just ask around.
LASIK may not work for someone i know. They may have to go for intra ocular lenses. The problem is that the lens that also correct astigmatism and the latest lens (torian) are not approved by FDA in US yet though they are used all over the world. So the best option is to get it done in India. I am wondering if Dr. Agarwal also does IOL surgeries. Anyway, thanks for the name of the doc. I'll try to find out more.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:36 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

We may be a third world dump, but contact lenses - daily or weekly, take your pick - are easily available at any optician's store. You don't need no prescription either.
Can she sue you guys for  inconvenience, extreme psychological trauma and financial loss she suffered due to this.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down