Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadella's school celebrates

+12
Kris
gone
MaxEntropy_Man
truthbetold
bw
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
Rishi
Propagandhi711
b_A
Hellsangel
indophile
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nadella's school celebrates - Page 2 Empty Re: Nadella's school celebrates

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:48 am

imparted? did you mean attributed?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:57 am

Kinnera,

HPS was set as a institute for the children of Zagirdars and Nizam's relatives(most of whom are free loaders).  So it always had that privilege background issue.  It transformed into a tool of  rich and powerful by 60s and 70s. 

The privileged children are destined to run the government and business anyway. HPS imparted some much needed discipline and few skills to this difficult to tame kind of subjects. So HPS role is complimentary to the benefits of family privilege. 

Compared to other HPS gradutes i came across, satya is a real hard working and sharp guy. He has a laser like focus on his goals.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:imparted? did you mean attributed?
ya, attributed or credited

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Good Lord! I can smell the jealousy from miles and miles away. For those who are calling Manipal (I'll admit I'd never heard of it until now) and UW-Milwaukee third-rate schools, you should have taken the GMAT, applied to U-Chicago, flown halfway across the country for two years to take B-school courses, and gotten promotions at Microsoft instead of sitting on your b$&@ and chatting all day in SUCH and bashing corporations (that ironically made it possible for you to do this), Muslims, gun owners, doctors, Republicans, successful Indians who went to lower ranked schools for undergrad (that former classmate saying he was never a topper was soooo classy...not!), blah, blah.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:46 pm

After that first job out of school, no one cares where you went to school. They only want to know what you accomplished on the job and if you're a team player.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:48 pm

mainstreet wrote:Good Lord!  I can smell the jealousy from miles and miles away.  For those who are calling Manipal (I'll admit I'd never heard of it until now) and UW-Milwaukee third-rate schools, you should have taken the GMAT, applied to U-Chicago, flown halfway across the country for two years to take B-school courses, and gotten promotions at Microsoft instead of sitting on your b$&@ and chatting all day in SUCH and bashing corporations (that ironically made it possible for you to do this), Muslims, gun owners, doctors, Republicans, successful Indians who went to lower ranked schools for undergrad (that former classmate saying he was never a topper was soooo classy...not!), blah, blah.

i see what you did there. very nice. you take my criticism of other unrelated things and nicely melded it with others' posts about nadella about whom i've had nothing to say at all!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:54 pm

I don't have any personal vendetta, Max. I was just thinking of all the blah blah in general on this site. Certainly, everyone's entitled to their opinion but that doesn't make them right :-)

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:56 pm

mainstreet wrote:I don't have any personal vendetta, Max.  I was just thinking of all the blah blah in general on this site.  Certainly, everyone's entitled to their opinion but that doesn't make them right :-)

i am sure you don't but if you are going to criticize me, please be accurate about it. i have said nothing, NADA, about nadella's ascension to CEO of microsoft or what if anything the various educational institutions he attended had to do with it. so don't misrepresent me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Excuse me, I meant certainly everyone who went to a school with a better ranking than Nadella's is entitled to their opinion. Doesn't make them right though just because they know a bunch of math and science...that students from lower ranks know just as well, if not better.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:59 pm

I wasn't even referring to you. Calm down!

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Kinnera wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Kinnera wrote:HPS is an elite school. You got to be a big shot to have your kid get into that school. Ordinary folks can't make it in. The students going to that school are very privileged. With such a background, it's natural for them to have high confidence levels, good communication skills, better opportunities, etc which facilitate their success.
Of course the school, the environment it provides, etc are top notch.

PS: Satya Nadella is the son of an IAS officer.

KInnera - 100% agree. HPS is considered an elite institution.
But HPS is not considered an elite merit based academic institution.  Products of HPS were mid level in performance and used to seek help from top performers. Many of them ended up with their own enterprises. Privilege has its own benefits.
I was looking at the successful alumni of HPS in wiki. All the actors it mentions are the sons of actors, with a strong filmi background. All the politicians are the sons of politicians (including the CM Kiran Kumar Reddy, whose dad was a minister in the AP cabinet), successful businessmen are the sons of businessmen with a business background. So yeah, should their success be imparted to the school or their family background?
>>>>I would say family background. For instance, if I were to hazard a guess, I would bet that our parents were all successful SUCHers Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:19 pm

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Kinnera wrote:HPS is an elite school. You got to be a big shot to have your kid get into that school. Ordinary folks can't make it in. The students going to that school are very privileged. With such a background, it's natural for them to have high confidence levels, good communication skills, better opportunities, etc which facilitate their success.
Of course the school, the environment it provides, etc are top notch.

PS: Satya Nadella is the son of an IAS officer.

KInnera - 100% agree. HPS is considered an elite institution.
But HPS is not considered an elite merit based academic institution.  Products of HPS were mid level in performance and used to seek help from top performers. Many of them ended up with their own enterprises. Privilege has its own benefits.
I was looking at the successful alumni of HPS in wiki. All the actors it mentions are the sons of actors, with a strong filmi background. All the politicians are the sons of politicians (including the CM Kiran Kumar Reddy, whose dad was a minister in the AP cabinet), successful businessmen are the sons of businessmen with a business background. So yeah, should their success be imparted to the school or their family background?
>>>>I would say family background. For instance, if I were to hazard a guess, I would bet that our parents were all successful SUCHers Smile

Perhaps your kids....but one thing I know..If you wife became a SuCHini, you are toast...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:I was looking at the successful alumni of HPS in wiki. All the actors it mentions are the sons of actors, with a strong filmi background. All the politicians are the sons of politicians (including the CM Kiran Kumar Reddy, whose dad was a minister in the AP cabinet), successful businessmen are the sons of businessmen with a business background. So yeah, should their success be imparted to the school or their family background?

Yeah, i believe so too. It sure must be the family background. Our parents must be those secret SUCHers and pros at that too. It can't be the school. Nah, nada. I don't remember them ever training us in SUCHing.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:35 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

People like you in and from India jumping up and down at this news (Nadella becoming a CEO in USA) shows their inferiority complex and lack of personal achievement. For me it's as important / significant as going to toilet to relieve myself, and that was the reason I did not waste time googling for CEOs in America from schools in Hyderabad (or any other place in India).

Got it?
no i did not got it. when was i jumping up down?  bounce where where where? in which thread? in which post?

bounce

How many ordinary people in the USA do you think would even care a bit (forget about having a lengthy discussion about it on the Internet) if some American guy became the head (CEO) of Wipro or InfoSys?
Probably none.
your analogy is wrong. wipro and infosys are not one of the biggest companies of the world. indians rightly don't  bounce when an indian becomes the CEO of a company in US the size of a wipro or infosys. but leave it for logic was never your favourite subject.

I object, your Honor. Sevaji is renowned expert on Sevan logic.

Carvaka (Hellsangel, Idefix etc.), nice to see you not miss a chep shot.

Anyway, what are these guys gloating about for this Indian guy (Nadella) becoming the CEO of a major US company?
If anything, it is the American system of hiring and promoting people mostly on the basis of merit and personal qualifications, irrespective of origins and family background etc. of the person (including caste and political connections), which deserves credit.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Anyway, what are these guys gloating about for this Indian guy (Nadella) becoming the CEO of a major US company?
If anything, it is the American system of hiring and promoting people mostly on the basis of merit and personal qualifications, irrespective of origins and family background etc. of the person (including caste and political connections), which deserves credit.
I agree with Seva ji.. but tribal loyalties are hard to ditch.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:57 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
no i did not got it. when was i jumping up down?  bounce where where where? in which thread? in which post?

bounce

How many ordinary people in the USA do you think would even care a bit (forget about having a lengthy discussion about it on the Internet) if some American guy became the head (CEO) of Wipro or InfoSys?
Probably none.
your analogy is wrong. wipro and infosys are not one of the biggest companies of the world. indians rightly don't  bounce when an indian becomes the CEO of a company in US the size of a wipro or infosys. but leave it for logic was never your favourite subject.

so hellsangel = carvaka?  scratch slogic?

way to go man! i knew you could weave caste into this discussion too. you rock!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:33 am

mainstreet wrote:Excuse me, I meant certainly everyone who went to a school with a better ranking than Nadella's is entitled to their opinion. Doesn't make them right though just because they know a bunch of math and science...that students from lower ranks know just as well, if not better.

>>>When Subra Suresh who taught at MIT became the director of National Science Foundation, FlimFlam attributed Subra's success to the education he received at IIT. FlimFlam said that it is better to have passed out with a low rank from IIT than to have been an outstanding student at a second-tier educational institution in India. He did not explain why he felt that way. I guess he meant IIT training makes you think in a different way like Harvard does compared to a state university.

Still HPS + Manipal + his dad having been an IAS officer had laid the foundation for Satya's success. How to think, eat and talk all that stuff matters. Nadella also must have very careful in not hanging around 'losers'.

Read this book: http://www.amazon.com/48-Laws-Power-Robert-Greene/dp/0140280197/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1392046360&sr=1-1&keywords=47+laws+of+power

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:33 am

Brig,
+1.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:39 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Probably none.

>>>Sevaji,

Satya Nadella is from an elite background. Class trumps caste.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 am

Rishi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

>>>Sevaji,

Rishi, the above referred to the caste based empolyment and promotion in Govt. jobs, which incidentally the Govt. now (before the elections) wants to expand in the private sector jobs.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rishi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

>>>Sevaji,

Rishi, the above referred to the caste based empolyment and promotion in Govt. jobs, which incidentally the Govt. now (before the elections) wants to expand in the private sector jobs.
exactly! let's now talk about caste based reservations. we haven't discussed it in such yet. so do you think such, being in the private sector, will be forced to recruit sc/sts as members under the ambit of this proposed law?

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:32 am

Good lord! I can't believe people on this forum stooped so low as to discuss his caste, class, and his high school/middle school/elementary school/kindergarten. There is nothing you learn in your highly ranked kindergarten that someone from a lower ranked kindergarten doesn't learn. Well, maybe arrogance.

Good lord! Any fool can criticize, complain, condemn. Most do.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:35 am

Another reason for me to tell my husband to stay away from the foreign medical doctors from India in our area. They're probably seething with jealousy for who knows what lame reason.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:10 pm

mainstreet wrote:Good lord!  I can't believe people on this forum stooped so low as to discuss his caste, class, and his high school/middle school/elementary school/kindergarten.  There is nothing you learn in your highly ranked kindergarten that someone from a lower ranked kindergarten doesn't learn.  Well, maybe arrogance.

Good lord!  Any fool can criticize, complain, condemn.  Most do.

you're a high strung dumb cunt, arent you? or hard of reading

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Uncouth and misogynistic too. Probably had no positive role models (decent parents) in your childhood.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:07 pm

mainstreet wrote:Uncouth and misogynistic too.  Probably had no positive role models (decent parents) in your childhood.

to the contrary. how's your fashionista mom doing, while spending daddy's money? that must be where you got your gold digging ways and living off men all your life

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:18 pm

That's nothing to be ashamed of. She takes a lot of pride in her looks, figure, and outfits. He takes a lot of pride in having such an attractive wife. You're just jealous of my parents because your wife is ugly and dowdy-looking.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:44 pm

mainstreet wrote:That's nothing to be ashamed of.  She takes a lot of pride in her looks, figure, and outfits.  He takes a lot of pride in having such an attractive wife.  You're just jealous of my parents because your wife is ugly and dowdy-looking.

Someone who has an ugly wife is jealous of someone else's parents!! Did I read that right?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:19 pm

mainstreet wrote:That's nothing to be ashamed of.  She takes a lot of pride in her looks, figure, and outfits.  He takes a lot of pride in having such an attractive wife.  You're just jealous of my parents because your wife is ugly and dowdy-looking.

is your mom his first wife or the 'other'? am asking coz it's typically the 'other' woman that does nothing but look good for the 'husband' and take inordinate pride in looking good while doing little else

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Rishi - I forget in which post you wrote the following- can you give me the link

...When John F. Kennedy was running for President, one working class guy from the crowd came to him and asked "Is it true Mr. Kennedy that you never worked for a living." Kennedy was embarassed, did not know what to say.

The man said. "Don't worry. You did not miss anything."

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:57 pm

garam_kuta wrote:Rishi - I forget in which post you wrote the following- can you give me the link

...When John F. Kennedy was running for President, one working class guy from the crowd came to him and asked "Is it true Mr. Kennedy that you never worked for a living." Kennedy was embarassed, did not know what to say.

The man said. "Don't worry. You did not miss anything."

GK,

This was something I read in 1970s in an issue of RD magazine.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rishi wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

>>>Sevaji,

exactly! let's now talk about caste based reservations. we haven't discussed it in such yet. so do you think such, being in the private sector, will be forced to recruit sc/sts as members under the ambit of this proposed law?
It's not about the quotas based on caste in education and jobs in the private sector, but what really is silly that politicians are even thinking of it now and suggesting (ahead of the election, to get votes).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 am

Sevaji
if you were a politician what better time is there to talk about reservations than before elections?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:36 am

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/ceo/index.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:48 am

truthbetold wrote:Sevaji
if you were a politician what better time is there to talk about reservations than before elections?

TBT, that really shows that the politicians at election (or any other) time have no interest (e.g. the overall well-being of the country) except getting elected, re-elected and hanging on to the power.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Sevaji

TBT, that really shows that the politicians at election (or any other) time have no interest (e.g. the overall well-being of the country) except getting elected, re-elected and hanging on to the power.

Does that apply to Canadian politicians as well, Sevaji?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2