Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara review

2 posters

Go down

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara review Empty Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara review

Post by harharmahadev Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 am

Watched parts of this movie in a theater last weekend. My wife was dying to go after reading her friends reviews of FB. So I managed to get the tickets somehow and we dragged our kids along with us. The kids let us watch during the first half, but after a couple of hours, they begin to get restless. I took them to chuck-e-cheese and my wife watched the rest of the movie. So this review is mostly based on the first half and parts of the second half.

My first reaction was - is this guy kidding? Is he planning to go on a 3-week trip to Spain BEFORE marriage? Well, that marriage is doomed to begin with. The honeymoon better be 6-weeks long, otherwise he wife is going to bitch about it for the rest of his life!

Last year, I myself was planning a trip to Spain. The tomatina festival takes place in late August and the Run of the Bulls is in early July. There is no chance in hell that you can fit both these events in a 21-day trip.

If you start counting all the clothes / accessories / goods these young professionals were wearing and carrying, there is no chance in hell you could fit those in those tiny suitcases / sling bags they were stylishly carrying around. They would need a small U-haul truck to carry the stuff...unless, of course, they were fedexing their suitcases from one location to another.

You would need a small fortune to pull off that vacation. First class airfare - $5000, Per day hotel - $1000 (atleast...that penthouse on Seville was probably close to $2500)...so 21 days = $21,000. That Jag rental probably $250 a day or more...so that would be $5000 - $6000. Those outfits probably cost $500 per. That cellphone he casually threw out of the car window: $600 - $700.

The story: Boys go to Spain on a guy vacation. Boy meets girl. Boy girl fall in love. Some shit happens and everyone get's philosophical and start mouthing chutiyatic cliches. Boy kisses girl and then flowers and butterflies and roses. We all feel gooey in our bellies and picture is khatam and paisa is hajam!

Moral of the story: life is too short....so paisa is paani! Life better not
be longer than the time you can sustain such a lifestyle. Otherwise
Katrina say tata byebye. Katrina baby no like poverty.

One thing I must say is that I did feel an incredible urge to go shopping for new clothes while watching the movie. Then one of my kids spilled coke on my shirt and that fleeting urge was destroyed.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara review Empty Re: Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara review

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 am

hilarious review. Whatever promos I saw felt it was a travel advt for Spain.

this is modeled on Dil Chahta Hai. While watching that movie I was wondering how and where did all these guys get to live in mansions and wear designer clothes.

Guess high class Indians do live like that. Travel to exotic places and throw money around like no tomorrow.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 am

I went to see this movie last weekend as my ex told me it was very good. Two shows, 10 minutes apart, BOTH sold out. I am not reading any reviews until I see it, maybe this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:29 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:I went to see this movie last weekend as my ex told me it was very good. Two shows, 10 minutes apart, BOTH sold out. I am not reading any reviews until I see it, maybe this weekend.

Farhan Akhtar dies in the end.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:30 am

harharmahadev wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:I went to see this movie last weekend as my ex told me it was very good. Two shows, 10 minutes apart, BOTH sold out. I am not reading any reviews until I see it, maybe this weekend.

Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

Just kidding........or was I?

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 am

doofus_maximus wrote:hilarious review.

Guess high class Indians do live like that. Travel to exotic places and throw money around like no tomorrow.

Vicarious pleasures for those who can't afford to buy a Nano!....we Indians love a good dream.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:47 pm

harharmahadev wrote:Watched parts of this movie in a theater last weekend. My wife was dying to go after reading her friends reviews of FB. So I managed to get the tickets somehow and we dragged our kids along with us. The kids let us watch during the first half, but after a couple of hours, they begin to get restless. I took them to chuck-e-cheese and my wife watched the rest of the movie. So this review is mostly based on the first half and parts of the second half.

My first reaction was - is this guy kidding? Is he planning to go on a 3-week trip to Spain BEFORE marriage? Well, that marriage is doomed to begin with. The honeymoon better be 6-weeks long, otherwise he wife is going to bitch about it for the rest of his life!

Last year, I myself was planning a trip to Spain. The tomatina festival takes place in late August and the Run of the Bulls is in early July. There is no chance in hell that you can fit both these events in a 21-day trip.

If you start counting all the clothes / accessories / goods these young professionals were wearing and carrying, there is no chance in hell you could fit those in those tiny suitcases / sling bags they were stylishly carrying around. They would need a small U-haul truck to carry the stuff...unless, of course, they were fedexing their suitcases from one location to another.

You would need a small fortune to pull off that vacation. First class airfare - $5000, Per day hotel - $1000 (atleast...that penthouse on Seville was probably close to $2500)...so 21 days = $21,000. That Jag rental probably $250 a day or more...so that would be $5000 - $6000. Those outfits probably cost $500 per. That cellphone he casually threw out of the car window: $600 - $700.

The story: Boys go to Spain on a guy vacation. Boy meets girl. Boy girl fall in love. Some shit happens and everyone get's philosophical and start mouthing chutiyatic cliches. Boy kisses girl and then flowers and butterflies and roses. We all feel gooey in our bellies and picture is khatam and paisa is hajam!

Moral of the story: life is too short....so paisa is paani! Life better not
be longer than the time you can sustain such a lifestyle. Otherwise
Katrina say tata byebye. Katrina baby no like poverty.

One thing I must say is that I did feel an incredible urge to go shopping for new clothes while watching the movie. Then one of my kids spilled coke on my shirt and that fleeting urge was destroyed.

Do you know why the movie is a hit ? aisa likha hua tha.
Do you know why you got all critical about their harmless 21 day trip ? aisa likha hua tha :p

i give your review 2⭐ Like a Star @ heaven s. it was funny nvrtheless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down