Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The kind of nationalism that Narendra Modi is propagating is dangerous"

Go down

"The kind of nationalism that Narendra Modi is propagating is dangerous" Empty "The kind of nationalism that Narendra Modi is propagating is dangerous"

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:00 pm

What is at the root of your strong criticism of Mr. Modi?

A. He strikes me as a man who has no sense of introspection and no inner life. This is unlike leaders such as Jawaharlal Nehru or even A.B. Vajpayee. India needs people with openness to cultures and not a man without introspection.

Had the death of so many in Gujarat in 2002 hurt him somehow, he would not have compared those who died to puppies that come under the wheels of an automobile… The kind of nationalism Modi propagates is dangerous.

What dangers do you foresee if Modi becomes Prime Minister?

I was a bitter critic of Indira Gandhi and even campaigned against her. But never was I abused by Congressmen the way BJP members are abusing me now. That is an indication that the BJP is a fascist party. This never happened to us. [Ram Manohar] Lohia used to make fun of Nehru. But nobody attacked Lohia. Being a great friend of Indira Gandhi, Madhu Limaye was her bitter critic. India has a tradition of tolerance. Never did political critics attack in this manner. Opposition should have certain sensitivity to opposition. There was opposition for the sake of ideology.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/modi-is-a-bully-he-creates-cowards-says-ananthamurthy/article5150916.ece

Back to top Go down