Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation paperclip

4 posters

Go down

Operation paperclip Empty Operation paperclip

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:18 pm

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/15/275877755/the-secret-operation-to-bring-nazi-scientists-to-america

Von Braun was an ardent Nazi and a member of SS. He went to Buchenwald concentration camp looking for slave labor.

Last edited by Rishi on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Operation paperclip Empty Re: Operation paperclip

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:19 pm

i thought this was the most open secret. wasn't wernher von braun a nazi?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i thought this was the most open secret. wasn't wernher von braun a nazi?

>>>It seems he portrayed himself as a reluctant nazi.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Rishi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i thought this was the most open secret. wasn't wernher von braun a nazi?

>>>It seems he portrayed himself as a reluctant nazi.

>>>Everyone may have gone along with the story line, since both sides (east and west) wanted these scientists.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm

people who call themselves "reluctant nazis" were for the most part backed into a corner and HAD to say they were reluctant... if there were proud to be a Nazi and admitted it they were sealing their fate..

I personally agree with Kris as when you need something from someone you are willing to believe anything they are willing to offer up as an explanation

I also believe that there is no such thing as a reluctant Nazi.. 

Krithi

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Silly Point wrote:people who call themselves "reluctant nazis" were for the most part backed into a corner and HAD to say they were reluctant... if there were proud to be a Nazi and admitted it they were sealing their fate..

I personally agree with Kris as when you need something from someone you are willing to believe anything they are willing to offer up as an explanation

I also believe that there is no such thing as a reluctant Nazi.. 

Krithi

Krithi,

I think there was more than just wanting to believe in certain circles. There could have been an active covering up. Arthur Rudolf was the one guy who was sent back to Germany about *three decades*(!) later because of his past. Incidentally, there was an interview where he was asked what he and the other german scientists (who worked on the moon program) thought when man first stepped on the moon. He indicated something like them looking at each other and knowing it was a german victory. These guys were tapped quite a bit for their expertise.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Kris,

That is the problem when people in power have selective Morality across the board.. this selective morality extends across countries. Sins against humanity can be forgiven if something can be achieved through it..

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down