Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are the people of Telangana quiet

5 posters

Go down

Why are the people of Telangana quiet Empty Why are the people of Telangana quiet

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:57 pm

If State division was done purely for political gains by political terrorists.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Why are the people of Telangana quiet Empty Re: Why are the people of Telangana quiet

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:12 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:If State division was done purely for political gains by political terrorists.

Why will they protest against it as they are the ones who are going to gain from it, along with the political terrorists? They have a state of the art capital, developed by and at the cost of the APites, offered in a platter. If they have a conscience, i am sure it will be pricking them deep inside.

"Telangana born in the dark", the headlines of Deccan Chronicle rightly said.

Back to top Go down

Why are the people of Telangana quiet Empty Re: Why are the people of Telangana quiet

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:36 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:If State division was done purely for political gains by political terrorists.

they are busy discussing "Krishna and Thunga water management scheme" with karnataka.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:24 am

T people are celebrating. What else do you expect them to do?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:36 am

truthbetold wrote:T people are celebrating. What else do you expect them to do?
then stop blaming this as a ploy by certain political parties based on political calculations.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:48 am

Kinnera wrote:

Why will they protest against it as they are the ones who are going to gain from it, along with the political terrorists? They have a state of the art capital, developed by and at the cost of the APites, offered in a platter. If they have a conscience, i am sure it will be pricking them deep inside.

"Telangana born in the dark", the headlines of Deccan Chronicle rightly said.

Well, I read a comment on CBNN-IBN, presumably by a Telanganite "you came as beggars, leaving as beggars"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:58 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
then stop blaming this as a ploy by certain political parties based on political calculations.
cd
i am beginning to worry about you. sounding more and more like the old women who is seeing things in the dark.
this is a virtual forum. spell out your fears.
don't worry we keep your secrets safe.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:38 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
cd
i am beginning to worry about you. sounding more and more like the old women who is seeing things in the dark.
this is a virtual forum. spell out your fears.
don't worry we keep your secrets safe.

What's wrong with my comment? Without support from Telangana common man,  'T' movement would not have sustained for a decade. It's high time that Andhra folks come to grips with the reality and refrain from blaming this party that party.

SuCH is turning into a Senior Center so no wonder ... Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:25 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

What's wrong with my comment? Without support from Telangana common man,  'T' movement would not have sustained for a decade. It's high time that Andhra folks come to grips with the reality and refrain from blaming this party that party.

The Common wisdom is that the common man from Telanagana reconciled and voted for Cong/YSR 2009 elections. TRS was humiliated in those elections. The movement was about to die. The movement was re-re-revived after YSR's death. Again it was about to die before Chidamabaram's 2009 announcement and the movement was re-re-re-revived.  Then again it petered out and was about to die before the CWC announcement.  If it really had people's support , there would've been no need for so many re-re-re-re-revives.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:35 pm

My relatives are all happy. I don't care one way or another because I don't even live there.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:43 pm

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

The Common wisdom is that the common man from Telanagana reconciled and voted for Cong/YSR 2009 elections. TRS was humiliated in those elections. The movement was about to die. The movement was re-re-revived after YSR's death. Again it was about to die before Chidamabaram's 2009 announcement and the movement was re-re-re-revived.  Then again it petered out and was about to die before the CWC announcement.  If it really had people's support , there would've been no need for so many re-re-re-re-revives.
How was it revived so many times if people were against or neutral about it?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:43 pm

nevada wrote:My relatives are all happy. I don't care one way or another because I don't even live there.
People never turn it down when something is offered to them. Would they have protested/fought for it,  if it was not offered is the question.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:46 pm

b_A wrote:
nevada wrote:My relatives are all happy. I don't care one way or another because I don't even live there.
People never turn it down when something is offered to them. Would they have protested/fought for it,  if it was not offered is the question.

Many students killed themselves for the cause of Telangana. Seems like a strong case of people protesting/fighting for a cause to me.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:51 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

How was it revived so many times if people were against or neutral about it?
Except for the sakala janula samme where basically the govt employees went on strike , there was never a common man's protest. To revivie is easy for short bursts. A bunch of party workers call for a bundh , go around and shut the schools and businesses for a couple of days. A JAC was formed just to keep the movement going. Their only agenda was to sustain the movement.
People were getting fed up with these movements , the parents were starting to protest about frequent school closings and finally just before the CWC decision , the people were even revolting against the frequent bundh calls.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:53 pm

b_A wrote:
Except for the sakala janula samme where basically the govt employees went on strike , there was never a common man's protest. To revivie is easy for short bursts. A bunch of party workers call for a bundh , go around and shut the schools and businesses for a couple of days. A JAC was formed just to keep the movement going. Their only agenda was to sustain the movement.
People were getting fed up with these movements , the parents were starting to protest about frequent school closings and finally just before the CWC decision , the people were even revolting against the frequent bundh calls.
Every bit of the above para applies to SeemAndhra agitations as well.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:54 pm

nevada wrote:
b_A wrote:

Many students killed themselves for the cause of Telangana. Seems like a strong case of people protesting/fighting for a cause to me.
There are disputes there also. Many deaths due to heart attacks , suicides due to personal reasons were conveniently labelled as dying for the T cause. It became so ridiculous that even when it appeared imminent that Telangana is going to be formed , just a week back , some of the deaths were reported as suicides for the 'T' cause.

Last edited by b_A on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:57 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
b_A wrote:
Every bit of the above para applies to SeemAndhra agitations as well.
Sure. Ultimately , people have to get on with their lives. They cannot ignore their livelihood and continue fighting for a cause. That's why elections are the only way people can show their opinions.
The decisions could have been taken after treating the coming election as the referendum.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down