Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Joint Capital detrimental to Seemandhra's future

+2
confuzzled dude
indophile
6 posters

Go down

Is Joint Capital detrimental to Seemandhra's future Empty Is Joint Capital detrimental to Seemandhra's future

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:51 pm

I think Smartha raised this point a while back. SA should govern the state from their own capital, the sooner they do it the better for them. They will be helping 'T' state's growth by staying in Hyderabad and denying their state/capital opportunities, chances of attracting investors will be much higher if the state govt. functions from the capital city than by telling the investors we will be moving there in future. Can't think of any benefits associated with having Hyd as joint capital for 5/10 years.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Is Joint Capital detrimental to Seemandhra's future Empty Re: Is Joint Capital detrimental to Seemandhra's future

Post by indophile Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:11 pm

I think they will slowly move out once the capital is selected. What incentive they have to hang on in T? I guess they need the 10-year transition to methodically divest their 60-year investments (possibly to Gujaratis, Marwaris, and Bombaywallahs because they are the enterprising type) and get rid of their properties, and move that money to invest in SA. Of course, buildings and airports cannot be moved.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Is Joint Capital detrimental to Seemandhra's future Empty Re: Is Joint Capital detrimental to Seemandhra's future

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 pm

indophile wrote:I think they will slowly move out once the capital is selected. What incentive they have to hang on in T? I guess they need the 10-year transition to methodically divest their 60-year investments (possibly to Gujaratis, Marwaris, and Bombaywallahs because they are the enterprising type) and get rid of their properties, and move that money to invest in SA. Of course, buildings and airports cannot be moved.
Not sure of that. General speculation is that real estate values in Hyd will shoot up in next 6 months to 1 year (as high as 25%)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:33 pm

That may be even better for those who wish to move. Sell their houses/apartments and move that money to wherever they wish.
But I doubt the 25% appreciation. In normal circumstances, i.e., when people's lives and limbs are not threatened (a la Hindus in Pakistan, right after partition), appreciation or depreciation swings with supply and demand. If lot of people decide to move in a very short time, there is more supply and less demand, and prices are bound to fall, and vice versa. But it is contrarian to assume that SA folks would like to hang on in Hyd /T-state when opportunities will be slowly closed to them there, and slowly begin to open up in SA.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Why would anyone in hyd would want to close shop and move to.donekonda? may be few thousands of politics and their hangers on. Some selling is to be expected but no mass exodus is likely. Many will maintain two families.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:10 pm

truthbetold wrote:Why would anyone in hyd would want to close shop and move to.donekonda? may be few thousands of politics and their hangers on. Some selling is to be expected but no mass exodus is likely. Many will maintain two families.

You mean peddillu-chinnillu :)I'm sure Uppili can share some wisdom on this subject. I agree with you that nobody would be willingly moving (out of HYD) to SA initially. New wave of migrations to HYD will slowdown ONLY if the new capital city is built in SA otherwise people will continue to migrate to Hyderabad for next 10 years at least.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Rate of migration will slowdown in initial years after t. Rate of reverse migration may increase in next few years but reverse migration << migration to hyd. Hyd us far more attractive than Bangalore or Chennai.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:24 pm

quite a few businesses will relocate due to the 5 yr tax moratorium (not all from hyd, there ARE other places in telengana), all the infra development that needs to happen, current power situation in telangana etc but people wont move until schools, colleges and jobs are available. it'll be a slow migration if govt makes good on it's nascent promises to develop SA..one big downside of these past few years is that the RE prices in SA have gone through the roof, and is not very attractive to businesses to move enmasse due to high setup costs...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:quite a few businesses will relocate due to the 5 yr tax moratorium (not all from hyd, there ARE other places in telengana), all the infra development that needs to happen, current power situation in telangana etc but people wont move until schools, colleges and jobs are available. it'll be a slow migration if govt makes good on it's nascent promises to develop SA..one big downside of these past few years is that the RE prices in SA have gone through the roof, and is not very attractive to businesses to move enmasse due to high setup costs...
that, by far, is the biggest downside of picking Vijayawada as new capital city, RE is expensive than Hyd (at least in the last year or two) I assume Vizag is in the same boat.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:44 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:quite a few businesses will relocate due to the 5 yr tax moratorium (not all from hyd, there ARE other places in telengana), all the infra development that needs to happen, current power situation in telangana etc but people wont move until schools, colleges and jobs are available. it'll be a slow migration if govt makes good on it's nascent promises to develop SA..one big downside of these past few years is that the RE prices in SA have gone through the roof, and is not very attractive to businesses to move enmasse due to high setup costs...
that, by far, is the biggest downside of picking Vijayawada as new capital city, RE is expensive than Hyd (at least in the last year or two) I assume Vizag is in the same boat.

vizag is worse, guntur-vij corridor is no better. however, they may not have any choice in the matter if proximity to airport and good railroad infrastructure is a necessity. it's better to invest in agricultural land along NH5 and such than investing in those hot areas going forward

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Please someone tell us how will a joint Capital work for SA without direct land connection to Hyderabad?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:50 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Please someone tell us how will a joint Capital  work for SA without direct land connection to Hyderabad?

what do you mean by direct land connection? you know AP isnt a series of islands, right?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Please someone tell us how will a joint Capital  work for SA without direct land connection to Hyderabad?

what do you mean by direct land connection? you know AP isnt a series of islands, right?
I think he meant Hyderabad isn't congruent to SA. From anywhere in SA (or the country for that matter) if you need to go to Hyd, you must step in and cross the T state.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:50 pm

indophile wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

I think he meant Hyderabad isn't congruent to SA. From anywhere in SA (or the country for that matter) if you need to go to Hyd, you must step in and cross the T state.

why is that an issue? there arent any visas or such when crossing statelines in india, far as I know

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
indophile wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

why is that an issue? there arent any visas or such when crossing statelines in india, far as I know
But the TRS goons can attack the Andhra "capitalists" and "job-seekers" in Miryalaguda, Nalgonda, Chautuppal, Suryapeta, Kodada, etc., when they travel on the bus.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down