Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Telangana bill effect!

+4
nevada
Propagandhi711
smArtha
Vakavaka Pakapaka
8 posters

Go down

The Telangana bill effect! Empty The Telangana bill effect!

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:38 pm

I was talking to a real estate agent in Hyderabad. He says that the real estate prices are climbing!  May be I should sell my property before TRS gang goes crazy.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

The Telangana bill effect! Empty Re: The Telangana bill effect!

Post by smArtha Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:42 pm

True even I'm having builders sending me emails to give a small piece of land I hold for development. I had this piece all through the 'golden years' in last decade and none approached me and now after the split suddenly 3 builders secured my email and contacted me. Not sure what is the reason for this sudden interest.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Even if I sell in Hyd, choosing an area in coastal areas will not be easy. Vijayawada and Vizag are more expensive. Guntur has water problems. Tenali is dirty. May be I'll learn Konaseema accent and move there or go to Srungavarapukota (near Vizag) and enjoy the scenic surroundings.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:39 pm

there's always the risk of owning property that isnt part of a "society" in hyd, with the obvious risks. I purchased some agricultural land in east godavari, have a feeling food & water will be of paramount importance in coming years and good farm land will be golden. am gonna sell less than prime real estate in hyd into this coming rally and buy more in east godavari and vizag corridor

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:22 pm

I am hearing something different. An uncle of mine says no one knows what's going to happen over the next 1-2 years and advised a wait and watch approach for now.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Even if I sell in Hyd, choosing an area in coastal areas will not be easy. Vijayawada and Vizag are more expensive. Guntur has water problems. Tenali is dirty. May be I'll learn Konaseema accent and move there or go to Srungavarapukota (near Vizag) and enjoy the scenic surroundings.

Why Sringavarapukota? Go a few more miles up the mountains and buy in Araku or Anantagiri (5600 feet above sea level, and just 50 miles from the sea in Vizag) with Borra caves nearby (mountains full of black marble). When they built the DBK Railway back in the 60's, all the railway personnel, from Chief Engineers to the lowly peons, helped themselves with that marble. Better still, Bheemli is a beautiful place to live, just 20 or so miles from Vizag up the coast. All this assumes they don't pick Vizag as the capital. If they do, bye bye Vizag culture and scenic beauty.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:17 pm

nevada wrote:I am hearing something different. An uncle of mine says no one knows what's going to happen over the next 1-2 years and advised a wait and watch approach for now.

LOL. your uncle must be a dummy.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:17 pm

indophile wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Even if I sell in Hyd, choosing an area in coastal areas will not be easy. Vijayawada and Vizag are more expensive. Guntur has water problems. Tenali is dirty. May be I'll learn Konaseema accent and move there or go to Srungavarapukota (near Vizag) and enjoy the scenic surroundings.

Why Sringavarapukota? Go a few more miles up the mountains and buy in Araku or Anantagiri (5600 feet above sea level, and just 50 miles from the sea in Vizag) with Borra caves nearby (mountains full of black marble). When they built the DBK Railway back in the 60's, all the railway personnel, from Chief Engineers to the lowly peons, helped themselves with that marble. Better still, Bheemli is a beautiful place to live, just 20 or so miles from Vizag up the coast. All this assumes they don't pick Vizag as the capital. If they do, bye bye Vizag culture and scenic beauty.
We can't buy in Araku (protected tribal area).

Bhimili - cyclone prone.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:28 pm

All you need to do is dance in formation with a few teenage tribal girls to the song -- Nato-kottia Nandoro beta, osuyy osuyy osuyy (Nat-khat, Nanda's son, how handsome, how handsome!) - and you will be made a honorary tribal, and you buy land in Araku (and even contest for election from there).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:22 am

indophile wrote:All you need to do is dance in formation with a few teenage tribal girls to the song -- Nato-kottia Nandoro beta, osuyy osuyy osuyy (Nat-khat, Nanda's son, how handsome, how handsome!) - and you will be made a honorary tribal, and you buy land in Araku (and even contest for election from there).
We actually did when we last visited Araku. Those dancers actually drag you into their group. I liked the coffee powder made from their local coffee beans. Next time we plan to stay in one of those elevated guest houses (huts) for a few days.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:13 am

A few months ago people here were predicting doom and gloom for Hyderabad real estate market if separation happens. The sky hasn't fallen yet. I shall keep a lookout for it to fall soon.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:30 am

Idéfix wrote:A few months ago people here were predicting doom and gloom for Hyderabad real estate market if separation happens. The sky hasn't fallen yet. I shall keep a lookout for it to fall soon.

gloom and doom already happened, saar, in case you havent been paying attention for the past 4+ yrs. try selling your property for anywhere near where you acquired it in hyd AND try to purchase some land in kosta or bangalore or chennai or anywhere else with it

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:48 am

Idéfix wrote:A few months ago people here were predicting doom and gloom for Hyderabad real estate market if separation happens. The sky hasn't fallen yet. I shall keep a lookout for it to fall soon.
Now they will take up telangana religion and will begin conversing in telanganam

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:51 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Now they will take up telangana religion and will begin conversing in telanganam

The Telangana bill effect! Umadbro

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:00 am

They actually fell in the last 5 years. The temporary increase in prices (marginal) is related to the removal of political uncertainty. Just wait for another couple of years. They will fall again. If TRS comes to power and creates trouble for "settlers", the prices will fall further.

Construction in the "financial district" of Hyd is slowing down. I know one company that already is concentrating on Bangalore and Pune. 

Check the prices in Vizag, Guntur-Vijayawada. They are more expensive than in Hyderabad. There is a steep rise in Rajahmundry and Kakinada. Bapatla, Chirala, Chilakaluripeta, Narasaraopeta and Ongole are still affordable. Nellore and Tirupati are expensive.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:17 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
They actually fell in the last 5 years. The temporary increase in prices (marginal) is related to the removal of political uncertainty. Just wait for another couple of years. They will fall again. If TRS comes to power and creates trouble for "settlers", the prices will fall further.

Construction in the "financial district" of Hyd is slowing down. I know one company that already is concentrating on Bangalore and Pune. 

Check the prices in Vizag, Guntur-Vijayawada. They are more expensive than in Hyderabad. There is a steep rise in Rajahmundry and Kakinada. Bapatla, Chirala, Chilakaluripeta, Narasaraopeta and Ongole are still affordable. Nellore and Tirupati are expensive.
But high RE prices are bad for Seemandhra's future

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:But high RE prices are bad for Seemandhra's future

True and SA supporters seem to miss that point. High realty prices are detrimental to the development of the new state. It is one thing that one invests an amount now and its valuation grows 10-fold or more in 10 years based on the actual development there and another that the prices are jacked up by 10x now with an expectation of development.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:46 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

But high RE prices are bad for Seemandhra's future
I agree.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down