Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women's Gowns at the Oscars

+5
Maria S
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
Hellsangel
michelle2
9 posters

Go down

Women's Gowns at the Oscars Empty Women's Gowns at the Oscars

Post by michelle2 Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:57 pm

I didn't watch the awards ceremony, but saw the photographs today - here - of the women in their Oscar gowns. Cate Blanchett's, in photograph no. 6, was given an A grade, but it was awful: roses and sequins sewed on to a gauzy gown! It deserved a D. FAIL! Jennifer Lawrence's, in photograph no. 4, was the best of the lot.

These actresses want professional respect and honour, as the men are supposedly given, but when they come out to receive their awards, most of them seem to feel obliged to show breast and thigh. FAIL!

Remember, however, as someone here said, holding his crotch, "Korean women can be hotttttt!"

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Women's Gowns at the Oscars Empty Re: Women's Gowns at the Oscars

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Achachan Ammachi, are you a fashionista?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:23 pm

FlimFlam, these women know what to display when, for people watching them on screen/tv.

But it was way past your bedtime yesterday, so... No soup for you.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:25 pm

michelle2 wrote:I didn't watch the awards ceremony, but saw the photographs today - here - of the women in their Oscar gowns. Cate Blanchett's, in photograph no. 6, was given an A grade, but it was awful: roses and sequins sewed on to a gauzy gown! It deserved a D. FAIL! Jennifer Lawrence's, in photograph no. 4, was the best of the lot.

These actresses want professional respect and honour, as the men are supposedly given, but when they come out to receive their awards, most of them seem to feel obliged to show breast and thigh. FAIL!

Remember, however, as someone here said, holding his crotch, "Korean women can be hotttttt!"

Not that there is anything wrong with that...it is good idea to see the "other side" before the "chapter" closes.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Hello Michelle,

Don't know who you are (perhaps Michelle1 is Michelle Obama?)..well, Jennifer Lawrence's red gown was the only one- I liked, and posted earlier today in the Cate Blanchett thread.

Speaking of Michelle Obama-fashionista and evening gowns..of all the evening gowns I have seen Mrs. Obama wear, liked the blue-black gown the best, when she entertained the French President recently. She is so tall and statuesque (will look grand in any evening gown), and has nice-toned biceps..liked the black lace covered arms look more..looked so elegant..was apparently a first-she always wears sleeveless gowns.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/michelle-obama-stuns-carolina-herrera-article-1.1611477
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:52 pm

*Read some comments. Do think the $12,000 of tax payers money spent for the gown, is much too much.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:53 pm

good body at this age is a result of hard work. if and when i get it i will also flaunt it *sigh*

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Maria S wrote:Hello Michelle,

Don't know who you are (perhaps Michelle1 is Michelle Obama?)..well, Jennifer Lawrence's red gown was the only one- I liked, and posted earlier today in the Cate Blanchett thread.

Speaking of Michelle Obama-fashionista and evening gowns..of all the evening gowns I have seen Mrs. Obama wear, liked the blue-black gown the best, when she entertained the French President recently. She is so tall and statuesque (will look grand in any evening gown), and has nice-toned biceps..liked the black lace covered arms look more..looked so elegant..was apparently a first-she always wears sleeveless gowns.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/michelle-obama-stuns-carolina-herrera-article-1.1611477

Michelle is your ardent fan and well-wisher Flimmy Iyer who recently underwent transgender surgery.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Say what Mr. U! You must be kidding..first, the very masculine Sara..transformed himself into a mammary gland beauty..now Rolling Eyes! What's going on! 

I guess after all these years of calling me Kishtian girl (with great affection of course!) since I am not around here..someone decided to become a Kishtian girlSmile 

Tracy, I think Mindy Kaling is cute too in a simple black evening gown..she is confident and comfortable with her appearance..and it shows!

http://www.justjared.com/2014/03/02/mindy-kaling-sparkles-at-vanity-fair-oscars-party-2014/

Just witty and charming -the way she answers  "weird" questions too..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/03/mindy-kaling-what-color_n_4889819.html
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:17 pm

yeah i watched a couple of episodes of the mindy project. she is funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:28 pm

I brought up Mindy because, she is perhaps "the" most successful Indian American Women entertainer today (no other Indian-American woman is even close to her- in her league!) makes zillions- stands out in the highly competitive show business..when she is not the "ideal height, weight"..esp. in such an appearance-obsessed society. 

I would guess..you are much taller than Mindy and quite an attractive lady, I see no need to have a certain body shape and downplay your looks..Michelle (mean Obama!) would look like a giant among Indian women (North and South!) 

Spent a lot of time here- since I posted about Cate Blanchett and was excited about it! Until next time, take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Maria S wrote:I brought up Mindy because, she is perhaps "the" most successful Indian American Women entertainer today (no other Indian-American woman is even close to her- in her league!) makes zillions- stands out in the highly competitive show business..when she is not the "ideal height, weight"..esp. in such an appearance-obsessed society. 

I would guess..you are much taller than Mindy and quite an attractive lady, I see no need to have a certain body shape and downplay your looks..Michelle (mean Obama!) would look like a giant among Indian women (North and South!) 

Spent a lot of time here- since I posted about Cate Blanchett and was excited about it! Until next time, take care.

i see ur point M... however, I do need to lose about 20 lbs, not just to look good - i sometimes manage to trick that with clothes, etc - but get out of certain medical risks. The sad part is that I know this well and yet I don't do much about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:44 pm

why did ms.chockalingam change her name?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why did ms.chockalingam change her name?

Maybe Ms. Cho(kaling)am wanted a name that would match ka-ching.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:54 pm

michelle2 wrote:

Even mitchelle obama shows her breast (chech out maria's link). So?

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Achachan Ammachi, are you a fashionista?

hmmm..desperate for company?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:03 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

lol... do you keep a folder/file of all posts by different posters, or do you have just an exceptionally good memory?

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

lol... do you keep a folder/file of all posts by different posters, or do you have just an exceptionally good memory?

oh please, coming from you ...no, not really, this is just relevant to the project study

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:52 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

Why, my dear frog-faced wussy Iyer boy! You desperate for some attention?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:25 pm

you're entitled to your opinion etc but kate blanchett neither showed cleavage nor legs. her dress was absolutely gorgeous.
so was amy adams' and lupita nyongo's 
julia roberts and naomi watts were meh
kerry washington looked drab, preggo or not, why was her dress looking crumpled and like she should have ironed it or sth

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:43 am

Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

aiyO devarae ! sorry i might have bordered on breaching our confidentiality privileges wrf to my project. do't forget to bring it up in our next meet.

But, no thanks much, M'am. Startling that you haven't noticed the pouring attention that one gets is so over the gills from your recently acquired CJ buddy?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:07 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

aiyO devarae ! sorry i might have bordered on breaching our confidentiality privileges wrf to my project. do't forget to bring it up in our next meet.

But, no thanks much, M'am. Startling that you haven't noticed the pouring attention that one gets is so over the gills from your recently acquired CJ buddy?

Dear frog faced wussy Iyer boy, that post was for the fat ass gundu maamis and thoppai maamas of SuCH. But I am glad it made an impression on you. You must be happy too that A&F is finally selling your size of clothes.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55 am

gundu maamis and thoppai maamas.

Sorta cute how diligently and consistently this term is used recently, even in serious sounding arguments.

What does it mean anyway? gundu maamis and thoppai maamas. What language is that? Can it be used interchangeably like thoppai maamis and gundu maamas?
What's the backstory? Is it a term all South Indians are supposed to instantly understand or is it some terminology that's gonna be repeatedly thrusted on us, like what was that? Pocktap?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:37 am

no not all southindians only snoopy and lucy. you can always say "spiki no southindian".
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Dear frog faced wussy Iyer boy, that post was for the fat ass gundu maamis and thoppai maamas of SuCH. But I am glad it made an impression on you. You must be happy too that A&F is finally selling your size of clothes.

hee...hee..hee you don't know me from adam but perennially hallucinate to detail a face all these days and now, to size.  lemme tell ya somethin', i have been using only yellow dot extra soft, routinely, in the last several years, if you know what i mean?

OTOH, from the EtOH posts of yours combined with those grotesque left-over ones, well...they speak volumes (pun intended) rofl

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:51 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

hee...hee..hee you don't know me from adam but perennially hallucinate to detail a face all these days and now, to size.  lemme tell ya somethin', i have been using only yellow dot extra soft, routinely, in the last several years, if you know what i mean?

OTOH, from the EtOH posts of yours combined with those grotesque left-over ones, well...they speak volumes (pun intended) rofl

aiyO devarae !

>>>How do you know HA is a devar?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:gundu maamis and thoppai maamas.

Sorta cute how diligently and consistently this term is used recently, even in serious sounding arguments.

What does it mean anyway? gundu maamis and thoppai maamas. What language is that? Can it be used interchangeably like thoppai maamis and gundu maamas?
What's the backstory? Is it a term all South Indians are supposed to instantly understand or is it some terminology that's gonna be repeatedly thrusted on us, like what was that? Pocktap?
Not all southies understand it, but can take a wild guess. Gundu in telugu means round. Maama, you know means uncle. Can easily guess that maami means aunt. Don't know what thoppai means. Must be something similar to gundu.

I didn't pay much attention to it until after the above confession by the li'l nephew of the forum. So yeah, the middle aged ones who want to feel like cute young teenagers and who desperately want to convey that they are not *thunder thighed* are trying hard in their own way.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Rishi wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

aiyO devarae !

>>>How do you know HA is a devar?
only sAmiyAr will know the caste/godhra etc., for sure

i meant aiyO kadavuLae/aiyO devuda/aiyO deivamae/aiyO bhagwan*
*that'd be from Chennai express

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:gundu maamis and thoppai maamas.

Not all southies understand it, but can take a wild guess. Gundu in telugu means round. Maama, you know means uncle. Can easily guess that maami means aunt. Don't know what thoppai means. Must be something similar to gundu.

I didn't pay much attention to it until after the above confession by the li'l nephew of the forum. So yeah, the middle aged ones who want to feel like cute young teenagers and who desperately want to convey that they are not *thunder thighed* are trying hard in their own way.

LOL! got it!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:24 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Like I said, dear frog-faced wussy Iyer boy, I may not know you from Adam, but you and Kermit could be identical twins.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Like I said, dear frog-faced wussy Iyer boy, I may not know you from Adam, but you and Kermit could be identical twins.

hee.heee. your thoppai mAma* said that? let us have even an oblique/tangential proof for the QED or you leave town, OK? Basketball

*or your thondhi mAmi, for that matter- you know whom I mean? rofl 

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

hee.heee. your thoppai mAma* said that? let us have even an oblique/tangential proof for the QED or you leave town, OK? Basketball

Dear gundu in gondola frog-faced Wussy Iyer boy, you don't have to get so excited. Just look in the mirror to see that gundu frog-face.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Dear gundu in gondola frog-faced Wussy Iyer boy, you don't have to get so excited. Just look in the mirror to see that gundu frog-face.

tut tut tut how pathetic you are? give me proof or eat my sheeyt..I won't tell thondhi mAmi or thoppai mAma, OK

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:24 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

tut tut tut how pathetic you are? give me proof or eat my sheeyt..I won't tell thondhi mAmi or thoppai mAma, OK

Hmm. You are really getting worked up I see, my dear frog-faced wussy Iyer boy.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Hmm. You are really getting worked up I see, my dear frog-faced wusyy Iyer boy.

hee. hee. hee. you FAIL again and again and again to produce proof? time to suck it up again - story of your life Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down