Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Election Times in India

2 posters

Go down

Election Times in India Empty Election Times in India

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:30 am

I watch these TV news channels on Dish. A lot of them - NDTV, Times Now, HT, Aaj Tak, Samay.

One thing totally throws me out - There is no representation of a normal Indian Citizen on most of these debates?

Be it Arnab, or be it Rahul - they are all putting one party representative against another?

Issue X - What does BJP say, what does Congress say, What does SP say, what does BSP say? What does AAP say? What does JDU say?

Its a fight between the parties.

Have they lost the WHOLE point of democracy?

A Democracy is ALL about, and ONLY about - what does a normal citizen say!

Are these our representatives we choose, or are these our bosses we choose?

Who is the BOSS in a democracy is totally, completely lost in India!

Its the people - not media, neither parties, nor their politicians.

Looking at it from a distance - with political glasses on - Its an unbelievably fkked up country.

On a side note - I hope all of you are doing fine.

Best wishes,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Election Times in India Empty Re: Election Times in India

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:51 am

TruthSeeker wrote:I watch these TV news channels on Dish. A lot of them - NDTV, Times Now, HT, Aaj Tak, Samay.

Issue X - What does BJP say, what does Congress say, What does SP say, what does BSP say? What does AAP say? What does JDU say?

Its a fight between the parties.

On a side note - I hope all of you are doing fine.

Best wishes,
TS.

That bolded one is the ONLY issue that matters - but with a twist. what has BJP DONE in its states, What has CONGRESS done in its states and INDIA, and JDU in its States.

Then they should explain what they plan to do and why they have not done these already. Then seek votes.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:04 am

Hmm. I think I gotta define democracy, just to be clear: Lets say there is a class of 30 7th grade students in a school. 12 year olds. They all believe that majority of their class wants to have Yoga instruction. How do they bring their collective wish to conclusion? They have to choose a leader. So they do, the most selfless one who believes in the cause. A Representative, a class monitor, a teacher, a Principal of a school, is no different than who we choose to represent "us" when we elect in democracy. 

It is a person who is ready to sacrifice for the cause of "us" that we choose as our leader, like our class monitor. Its not some one to boss us around? S/he is a representative of "us", our needs.

This whole concept of democracy is "lost" in India.

Indians think we choose leaders to be our bosses. Muslims think we choose PM to be able to do anything to us. Its a corrupt country, with a completely corrupt understanding, worse "practice", of "SO-CALLED-DEMOCRACY".

Disappointed,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:01 am

In a democracy the people pick their representatives and hand over the reign for X years with the hope they will do the right thing for them and theiatives country. The representives dont have to act per people's wishes EVERY tme, They are expected to even act against people's wishes on an issue if it will help the country in the long run.

But, India has democratic dictatorship, Democratic Monarchy, and democratic Anarchy and all rolled into one.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down