Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to post in తెలుగు

4 posters

Go down

How to post in తెలుగు Empty How to post in తెలుగు

Post by charvaka Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 am

I don't know how to do this in any browser other than Firefox. Perhaps others can describe how to do that. So first install Firefox if you don't have it.

Then go to Tools->Add-ons->Get more add-ons. Search for the keyword Padma. Pick the Padma add-on and install it. Restart Firefox when it asks you to do so. Now open the Telugu forum here, and click on NEW POST. In your subject line, start typing your Telugu text... like nA pEru chArvAka. For the notation (what to capitalize and what not to, please consult the ITRANS reference here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITRANS. After you type the text, select it and right-click; you will see Padma in the righ-click menu. Click on that, and click on "convert ITRANS to Telugu." Your text will be converted to Telugu Unicode.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

How to post in తెలుగు Empty Re: How to post in తెలుగు

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:47 am

You are something. You posted your answer before I even asked the question. Thanks.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:50 am

You actually do not need ANY KIND OF INSTALLATION for writing telugu font in this forum.

Go to lekhini.org. Type your words in the top box like "nA pEru chArvAka." As you type, the bottom box will show telugu auto. Copy the contents of bottom box and paste it here. Should work in ANY BROWSER because the telugu characters are unicode.

I have been doing it since this forum started.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:51 pm

The Padma add-on stopped working for me after a recent upgrade of Firefox. I am now using an add-on called Indic Input Extension. It has three different options for Telugu input; the most intuitive option is తెలుగు - RTS. This is a phonetic input method that displays Telugu characters even as you type them. It also works for Kannada, Tamil, Hindi and Bangla, among others.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 pm

I started using the Chrome browser recently, and I found a simpler way to type in Indic scripts. Here is how you do it.

1. Go to the Chrome menu (the icon with three bars at extreme right on the row where the address bar is) and click on it. Go to Tools->Extensions.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the Extensions page and click on "Get more extensions."

3. In the new page, search for "Google Input Tools." In the search results, click on "+ Add to Chrome" next to the first search result called "Google Input Tools (by Google)" and click OK.

4. Once the extension is installed, it will show up as a red-blue arrow icon pointing down/left. You can choose the languages you want to type in by clicking on that icon and going to Extension Options. Choose a language from the list on the left, and click the arrow that appears to move it to the list on the right. Now you are set up to write in Indic scripts.

When you want to write in Telugu, click on the red/blue down/left arrow icon and pick తెలుగు (ఫోనెటిక్). Now you can start typing in phonetic Telugu and it will automatically show up in Telugu script in real time. When you want to revert to English, click on the same icon, and choose English. This is far and away the easiest way I have seen for typing in Telugu script.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down