Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She thinks she is above the law

+5
Propagandhi711
nevada
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
Kris
9 posters

Go down

She thinks she is above the law Empty She thinks she is above the law

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:54 am

(that was my Rishi-like title - heh)

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/trouble-for-khobragade-as-govt-finds-daughters-have-us-indian-passports/

Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade is under the scanner after the government, it is learnt, found that her two daughters had American passports as well as Indian diplomatic passports — a crime under Indian law as it amounts to dual citizenship.

The discovery has caused considerable disquiet as the government took unprecedented retaliatory measures against US diplomats after Khobragade was arrested on charges of visa fraud and allegedly mistreated in New York.

Government sources said getting US passports for her daughters indicated Khobragade kept her options open to benefit from the “best of both worlds”. Khobragade’s daughters, aged four and seven, are in New York with their father, an American citizen.

When contacted, Khobragade, who is posted as director in the MEA’s Development Partnership Administration, refused to comment.

According to rules, a diplomat’s spouse is also expected to take up Indian citizenship. Although Khobragade’s husband has applied, the citizenship has not come through because of stringent home ministry rules which require the applicant to stay in India for a stipulated period

Back to top Go down

She thinks she is above the law Empty Re: She thinks she is above the law

Post by Kris Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:(that was my Rishi-like title - heh)

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/trouble-for-khobragade-as-govt-finds-daughters-have-us-indian-passports/

Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade is under the scanner after the government, it is learnt, found that her two daughters had American passports as well as Indian diplomatic passports — a crime under Indian law as it amounts to dual citizenship.

The discovery has caused considerable disquiet as the government took unprecedented retaliatory measures against US diplomats after Khobragade was arrested on charges of visa fraud and allegedly mistreated in New York.

Government sources said getting US passports for her daughters indicated Khobragade kept her options open to benefit from the “best of both worlds”. Khobragade’s daughters, aged four and seven, are in New York with their father, an American citizen.

When contacted, Khobragade, who is posted as director in the MEA’s Development Partnership Administration, refused to comment.

According to rules, a diplomat’s spouse is also expected to take up Indian citizenship. Although Khobragade’s husband has applied, the citizenship has not come through because of stringent home ministry rules which require the applicant to stay in India for a stipulated period
>>>I am not sure how these passport and citizenship rules for other families are or can be enforced. As for DK herself, nothing will come of any of this. She is an Indian bureaucrat who takes all these things in her stride because she knows the law does not apply to her.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:(that was my Rishi-like title - heh)

>>>Was she not a consular official? So she is free to break the law.

Anyway, she may end up as the PM of India one day.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:35 am

She should be fired...but if she is fired, she will enter politics.

Only option is to file a case against her in India.

But, still she is OBC or SC/ST ? and hence not even God can do anything to her. BTW, her dad is standing in Lok Sabha elections in Bombay - not sure which party.....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:59 am

I hope all internet patriots feel happy about defending this dishonest law breaker with a sense of entitlement and perceived victimhood.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:06 pm

They are getting divorced.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/devyani-khobragades-help-husband-cite-differences-file-for-divorce/

Oops.

I did not read the headline carefully. I thought it was Khobragade herself getting divorced. That is going to happen soon.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:48 pm

nevada wrote:I hope all internet patriots feel happy about defending this dishonest law breaker with a sense of entitlement and perceived victimhood.

wapo patriots are busy searching the internets for links that'll disprove this theory

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Rishi wrote:They are getting divorced.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/devyani-khobragades-help-husband-cite-differences-file-for-divorce/

Oops.

I did not read the headline carefully. I thought it was Khobragade herself getting divorced. That is going to happen soon.

"Speaking to The Indian Express over phone, Richard said he was disappointed with what he called the way his wife started to lie to him and the couple decided to part ways. "

>>> Hardly any reason to feel sorry for them ... now they are safe and sound in the land of opportunity with permanent residents status.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
nevada wrote:I hope all internet patriots feel happy about defending this dishonest law breaker with a sense of entitlement and perceived victimhood.

wapo patriots are busy searching the internets for links that'll disprove this theory
I see that some folks are still having difficulty separating these incidents; It was Adarsh scam then now something else... I guess they will graciously support stoning to death type of rituals.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

How fortunate for the WaPo patriots that there are numerous internets! If they don't find the links on one internet, they're likely find them on one or more of the other internets. It's akin to the multiple-parallel-universes interpretation of quantum mechanics.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:08 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

I see that some folks are still having difficulty separating these incidents; It was Adarsh scam then now something else... I guess they will graciously support stoning to death type of rituals.

Stoning to death is what internet patriots did to the maid by calling her a liar and a greencard seeking cheat.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:18 am

nevada wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Stoning to death is what internet patriots did to the maid by calling her a liar and a greencard seeking cheat.
Did they also suggest that she should punished for unproven allegations because she was involved in scams elsewhere. Looks like that poor overworked lady is going through a divorce now.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:24 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
nevada wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Did they also suggest that she should punished for unproven allegations because she was involved in scams elsewhere. Looks like that poor overworked lady is going through a divorce now.

yeah, the darker side of all unkils and aunties, across the board, dominates and assumes the worst first! - comes with ageing, i guess

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down