Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google + rocks

2 posters

Go down

Google + rocks Empty Google + rocks

Post by charvaka Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:47 pm

I haven't used its social networking features, but already found a killer feature. To do expense reports, I have to take pictures of some of my receipts. To get those pictures on my computer and attach them to expense reports, earlier I had to email the picture from the phone to myself. Now with Google +, all pictures I take are automatically uploaded to their server, and categorized by location and date of upload. They then let me choose if I want to share the picture with others or not. (Obviously I am not going to share the pictures, in this case.) Very nice, cuts out a couple of extra steps.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Google + rocks Empty Re: Google + rocks

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:13 am

oh wow. didn't know this. hitherto i was mailing photos to myself to get them on my pc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 am

Ouch. All the pics you take automatically get uploaded on their server? Is there a way you can turn off this feature?

At this rate, soon google WILL nuke your microwave too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 am

go to settings in your google+ for mobile app. there is an option there to turn "instant uploads" off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:50 am

charvaka wrote:I haven't used its social networking features, but already found a killer feature. To do expense reports, I have to take pictures of some of my receipts. To get those pictures on my computer and attach them to expense reports, earlier I had to email the picture from the phone to myself. Now with Google +, all pictures I take are automatically uploaded to their server, and categorized by location and date of upload. They then let me choose if I want to share the picture with others or not. (Obviously I am not going to share the pictures, in this case.) Very nice, cuts out a couple of extra steps.

google buzz was a flop bucket mainly due to privacy issues. i hope the engineers at google clear up their act on this one and get it right. but this is the latest buzz.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/violetblue/google-plus-deleting-accounts-en-masse-no-clear-answers/567

IMO, tread with caution until it stabilizes. it will. just a matter of time.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:59 am

Impedimenta wrote:IMO, tread with caution until it stabilizes. it will. just a matter of time.

will maria s join? *concerned*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down