Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khushwant Singh, journalist and writer, dies at 99

+2
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Seva Lamberdar
6 posters

Go down

Khushwant Singh, journalist and writer, dies at 99 Empty Khushwant Singh, journalist and writer, dies at 99

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Khushwant-Singh-journalist-and-writer-dies-at-99/articleshow/32352917.cms

>>> May he Rest In Peace!
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Khushwant Singh, journalist and writer, dies at 99 Empty Re: Khushwant Singh, journalist and writer, dies at 99

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:19 am

May be his body should be sent to his beloved pieceful country - PakiSatan, for burial.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Khushwant Singh, journalist and writer, dies at 99 Empty Re: Khushwant Singh, journalist and writer, dies at 99

Post by Rishi Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:34 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Khushwant-Singh-journalist-and-writer-dies-at-99/articleshow/32352917.cms

>>>The man lived too long.

A Hindu hater for sure.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:42 am

ANIL GUPTA
Traitor's son
by ANIL GUPTA (View MyPage) on Mar 20, 2014 07:51 PM | Hide replies

All shd know that this Khushwant Singh was son of contractor Shobha Singh, the great TRAITOR who witnessed against Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and 1 more shaheed !

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/thank-you-mr-khushwant-singh-for-changing-my-life/20140320.htm

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:51 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Khushwant-Singh-journalist-and-writer-dies-at-99/articleshow/32352917.cms

Hopefully, everyone else can rest in peace now.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Khushwant Singh was a womanizer all through 1940s', 50' and maybe beyond. He was a traveler and touched upon his women experiences in some interviews. I loved reading his middle pieces in Northindian newspapers, but in those days I was confused with his portrayal of women as aggressive sex seekers. More so since women had fewer opportunities then. By 1990s I had come to agree with Khushwant's Singh's views about women and sex. What floored me is the fact that given the right environment (which is more readily available today), women are more casual about sex than men. Men get serious more often. Women do it and move on. The Khushwant Singh's view of 70's and 80's.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:01 pm

southindian wrote:Khushwant Singh was a womanizer all through 1940s', 50' and maybe beyond. He was a traveler and touched upon his women experiences in some interviews. I loved reading his middle pieces in Northindian newspapers, but in those days I was confused with his portrayal of women as aggressive sex seekers. More so since women had fewer opportunities then. By 1990s I had come to agree with Khushwant's Singh's views about women and sex. What floored me is the fact that given the right environment (which is more readily available today), women are more casual about sex than men. Men get serious more often. Women do it and move on. The Khushwant Singh's view of 70's and 80's.

>>>Any idea what his wife thought about his dalliances with other women?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:57 pm

I remember him for his punch line: "With malice towards one and all".

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Just wanted to say hello dear Seva!

Hope you are doing well..think you are around (I hope so..and you can read this!) take care.

RIP Mr. Singh.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:21 pm

Maria S wrote:Just wanted to say hello dear Seva!

Hope you are doing well..think you are around (I hope so..and you can read this!) take care.

RIP Mr. Singh.

Hello dear Maria,
nice to see you back and posting.
How are you?
I am doing fine, same as before.
Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Doing okay dear Seva, thanks.

Good to know that you are doing fine.

You know me, by now..I will keep in touch from time to time.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down