Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narendra Modi says "I owe it to the RSS", does that mean he endorses the hate filled writings of Guruji Golwalkar?

Go down

Narendra Modi says "I owe it to the RSS", does that mean he endorses the hate filled writings of Guruji Golwalkar? Empty Narendra Modi says "I owe it to the RSS", does that mean he endorses the hate filled writings of Guruji Golwalkar?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:31 am

It is from the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) that he got the “inspiration to live for the nation,” BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi told ETVin an interview.
Mr. Modi also credited the RSS, the BJP’s ideological mentor, with his success. “Foundation plays a vital role in the formation of an individual. I got the inspiration to live for the nation from the RSS. It inculcated discipline in me. I learnt to work hard from the Sangh. I learnt to live for others, and not for myself. I owe it all to the RSS,” he said.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/i-owe-it-to-rss-modi-says/article5860000.ece?homepage=true&ref=relatedNews

Back to top Go down

Narendra Modi says "I owe it to the RSS", does that mean he endorses the hate filled writings of Guruji Golwalkar? Empty Re: Narendra Modi says "I owe it to the RSS", does that mean he endorses the hate filled writings of Guruji Golwalkar?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:34 am

Golwalkar was a man of much energy and dynamism, under whose leadership the RSS steadily grew in power and influence. His ideas are summarised in the book Bunch of Thoughts, which draws upon the lectures he delivered over the years (mostly in Hindi) to RSS shakhas across the country. This identifies the Hindus, and they alone, as the privileged community of India. It disparages democracy as alien to the Hindu ethos and extols the code of Manu, whom Golwalkar salutes as "the first, the greatest, and the wisest lawgiver of mankind"...

The early chapters of Bunch of Thoughts celebrate the glories of the Motherland and its chief religion, this a prelude to the demonisation of those Indians who had the misfortune of not being born into the Hindu fold. Golwalkar writes that the "hostile elements within the country pose a far greater menace to national security than aggressors from outside". He identifies three major "Internal Threats: I: The Muslims; II: The Christians; III: The Communists". A long chapter impugns the patriotism of these groups, speaking darkly of their "future aggressive designs on our country".

On January 30, 1948, Mahatma Gandhi was murdered by Nathuram Godse. Although Godse was not a member of the RSS at the time of the murder, he had been one in the past. And there were reports that in several places RSS members had celebrated his act by distributing sweets. As a precautionary measure, Golwalkar and other RSS workers were put in jail.
Secret documents that this writer has recently seen strongly suggest that even if the RSS was not directly implicated in Gandhi's murder, its main leader was not entirely averse to such a happening. Thus, on December 6, 1947, Golwalkar convened a meeting of RSS workers in the town of Govardhan, not far from Delhi. The police report on this meeting says it discussed how to "assassinate the leading persons of the Congress in order to terrorise the public and to get their hold over them".

Six weeks later, Gandhi was assassinated, and Golwalkar and his colleagues put in jail. Released a year later on a bond of good behaviour, they retained a dogged commitment to their ideas. Golwalkar himself argued that "in this land Hindus have been the owners, Parsis and Jews the guests, and Muslims and Christians the dacoits". He asked, maliciously: "Then do all these have the same right over the country?"

Golwalkar saw Muslims, Christians and Communists (among others) as threats to the nation. Other Indians saw him and his ilk as a "Danger to our Secular State". The words in quotes served as the title of an essay on Golwalkar written in 1956 by the Bombay columnist D.F. Karaka. The RSS leader, noted Karaka, "thinks in terms of Hindu India and only Hindu India". As one who had many criticisms to make of the Prime Minister of the day, the columnist nonetheless believed that "it is necessary for all of us whatever our differences are with Mr. Nehru to stand firm with him on this point, namely, that ours is a secular state and that whether we are Hindus, Muslims, Parsis or Christians, freedom of religion, which is guaranteed to us under our Constitution should not be allowed to be crucified at the altar of the RSS — the organisation from which came the man who murdered Mahatma Gandhi".

Karaka's column was sparked by the celebration by the RSS of the 50th birthday of Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar. In this, the year of his 100th birth anniversary, all I need do is endorse Karaka's words. For, Golwalkar was a guru of hate, whose life's malevolent work was — as Jawaharlal Nehru so memorably put it — to make India into a "Hindu Pakistan". That project has not succeeded yet, and may it never succeed either.

http://www.hindu.com/mag/2006/11/26/stories/2006112600100300.htm

Back to top Go down

Narendra Modi says "I owe it to the RSS", does that mean he endorses the hate filled writings of Guruji Golwalkar? Empty Re: Narendra Modi says "I owe it to the RSS", does that mean he endorses the hate filled writings of Guruji Golwalkar?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 am

Whether or not the B.J.P. has outgrown the pejorative epithet of 'party of petty shopkeepers and traders,' it is interesting to take a look at their online bookshop. 

The B.J.P.'s once proud boast to be a political party with a difference has gradually collapsed under the weight of scandals like the Tehelka expose, but the party does have one, albeit small, claim to uniqueness. 

Unlike other political parties, the B.J.P. runs an online book shop, which offers a variety of books espousing its viewpoint at attractive discount prices. As far as I have been able to determine, this is a first in India. (There is the caveat that the Irish political party Sinn Fein has an online bookshop, and the Croydon branch of the British Labour Party has signed up to be a member of the Amazon Affiliate Program, allowing it to collect 15% of the cut on books sold through its site.) 

Perhaps, if its enemies and former friends are to be believed, mercantilism is in the B.J.P.'s blood. Kalyan Singh, the former B.J.P. chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, and 'hero' of the Babri demolition, has taken to repeating the taunt that the B.J.P. is 'basically a party of Brahmins and Banias.' 

The party seems to know how to offer an attractive bargain. The most expensive item in the store, a three volume work by Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee is on offer at a huge 25% discount (Rs. 1500/- marked down from Rs. 2000/-). But this storehouse of knowledge tells more about the B.J.P. than just its business sense. 

That Bible of the R.S.S., the Bunch of Thoughts by 'Guruji' M.S. Golwalkar, the second Sar Sanghachalak (supreme leader) of the R.S.S., is on sale (though not at a discount). Funnily enough, though, Golwalkar's 1939 work, We, or Our Nationhood Defined, is missing. 

Both Bunch of Thoughts and We are infamous for their racist views. In Bunch of Thoughts, the Sar Sanghachalak expounds on his opinion that Muslims and Christians are unpatriotic and lack 'love and devotion for the nation.' His hatred ranges farther afield. He describes the Chinese people in these terms: 'They eat rats, pigs, dogs, serpents, cockroaches, and everything. Such men cannot be expected to have human qualities.' 

The missing We is particularly juicy: in it the author lavishes praise on the atrocious Nazi campaign that had gone on in Germany, for most of the 1930s, against Jews and Gypsies. 'There are only two courses open to these foreign elements,' Golwalkar explained, 'either to merge themselves in the national race and adopt its culture or to live at its mercy so long as the national race may allow them to do so and quit the country at the sweet will of the national race.' He added that this was 'a good lesson for us in Hindusthan to learn and profit by.' 

The absence of We calls to mind a Rajya Sabha debate of last year, at the time of the Gujarat government's decision to allow government servants to be members of the R.S.S. Kapil Sibal tried to read out a study quoting from We, and was repeatedly heckled and shouted down by B.J.P. members. These worthies decided that since Sibal was not reading directly from We, but rather from a book which quoted We, he was not quoting authentic R.S.S. sources. 'He is misleading the nation!' shouted the fervid B.J.P. member T.N. Chaturvedi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down