Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you want a free press in India than you should support Rahul and not Modi

4 posters

Go down

If you want a free press in India than you should support Rahul and not Modi Empty If you want a free press in India than you should support Rahul and not Modi

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:54 pm

http://scroll.in/article/why-cnn-ibns-sagarika-ghose-can-no-longer-criticise-modi?id=655950

Back to top Go down

If you want a free press in India than you should support Rahul and not Modi Empty Re: If you want a free press in India than you should support Rahul and not Modi

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:57 pm

If Rahul can become the PM, then I can do your colostomy reversal and Max can be the anesthesiologist for the procedure.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

If you want a free press in India than you should support Rahul and not Modi Empty Re: If you want a free press in India than you should support Rahul and not Modi

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:01 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:If Rahul can become the PM, then I can do your colostomy reversal and Max can be the anesthesiologist for the procedure.

Modi was also a greenhorn when he became CM. Ditto for Rajiv Gandhi when he became PM.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Rashmun wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:If Rahul can become the PM, then I can do your colostomy reversal and Max can be the anesthesiologist for the procedure.

Modi was also a greenhorn when he became CM. Ditto for Rajiv Gandhi when he became PM.
modi was a teaboy who worked his way up through several stages against much opposition before he became the cm, you have to have intelligence and will-power to do that. rajiv gandhi fell out of his mom's womb to become the pm. it would be so much easier if there was some way to make these guys like the gandhis princes or gods and pack them off and leave politics to the masses. and he fa mously said something like "when a giant falls the earth will shake" instead of doing anything to stop the sikh massacres. both sides have boold on their hands. yes, i know RG is not on the ticket.

when a woman and her cronies plunder indian of billions and trillions of dollars that belong to the people, i don't think that is acceptable.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:20 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

modi was a teaboy who worked his way up through several stages against much opposition before he became the cm, you have to have intelligence and will-power to do that. rajiv gandhi fell out of his mom's womb to become the pm. it would be so much easier if there was some way to make these guys like the gandhis princes or gods and pack them off and leave politics to the masses. and he fa mously said something like "when a giant falls the earth will shake" instead of doing anything to stop the sikh massacres. both sides have boold on their hands. yes, i know RG is not on the ticket.

when a woman and her cronies plunder indian of billions and trillions of dollars that belong to the people, i don't think that is acceptable.

Hitler was also of humble origin and had worked his way up through several stages and look what he did to Germany.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:39 pm

On the other hand, rash look what insecure Indira did to India. Look what dynastic succession did to Indian democracy? Look how an incompetent rahul was thrust upon Congress party and India?
Ok. When it comes to India, rashmun will close his eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:47 pm

truthbetold wrote:On the other hand,  rash look what insecure Indira did to India. Look what dynastic succession did to Indian democracy? Look how an incompetent rahul was thrust upon Congress party and India?
Ok. When it comes to India,  rashmun will close his eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

Cong is not perfect and I do not support its stand on many issues like the question of caste based reservations. But out of all political parties in India Cong is the best.

With respect to Indra Gandhi, people were warning her not to have Sikhs as bodyguards after Bluestar but she did not listen to them because she was a staunch secularist. She was willing to pay the price for her secular ideology.

Further, after 1971 war, even BJP leaders like Vajpayee were saying that Indra reminds them of Goddess Durga. Field Marshal Maneckshaw has complemented Indra for being a fine war time leader.

Of course Indra had her defects, but the fact that she continued to remain secular--respecting all communities, castes, and creeds--has to be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://scroll.in/article/why-cnn-ibns-sagarika-ghose-can-no-longer-criticise-modi?id=655950

the worst muzzling of the press happened during IG's reign. i think authoritarian leaders can be of any creed. they can be communal like modi or they can be the kind that suppresses religion like kemal ataturk or in between like IG. modi certainly hasn't cornered the market on that. there are many reasons to dislike modi, but i don't think he is any more or any less prone to muzzling the press than congress politicians.

and with your predilection to support authoritarian strongmen like ataturk and akbar, not sure why you are complaining.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:http://scroll.in/article/why-cnn-ibns-sagarika-ghose-can-no-longer-criticise-modi?id=655950

the worst muzzling of the press happened during IG's reign. i think authoritarian leaders can be of any creed. they can be communal like modi or they can be the kind that suppresses religion like kemal ataturk or in between like IG. modi certainly hasn't cornered the market on that. there are many reasons to dislike modi, but i don't think he is any more or any less prone to muzzling the press than congress politicians.

and with your predilection to support authoritarian strongmen like ataturk and akbar, not sure why you are complaining.

IG is long dead. No Cong leader of the present has shown any predilection for muzzling the press.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:22 pm

Poverty is the worst form of violence. Indira's policies led to a stagnated 1970s while   korea, malaysia andhe road and  taiwan soared.  Protesting Indian people were killed  and jailed. Nation was put under emergency to save one person's political power. ou are trying to tell me that she is just flawed? 

The congress of Gandhi and Nehru had some ideals. Few good people. That is why Indian people respected them. Congress of Sonia and Rahul had abandoned every one of those principles. They are just out there to get power.

Indian people saw through their game. They are looking for alternate leadership. Indian political system does not room for genuine people's advocates.  They saw a flawed modi and decided to give him and his party a chance.  

Competent modi is better than nincompoop rahul. that is what indian people are saying.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:27 pm

truthbetold wrote:Poverty is the worst form of violence. Indira's policies led to a stagnated 1970s while   korea, malaysia andhe road and  taiwan soared.  Protesting Indian people were killed  and jailed. Nation was put under emergency to save one person's political power. ou are trying to tell me that she is just flawed? 

The congress of Gandhi and Nehru had some ideals. Few good people. That is why Indian people respected them. Congress of Sonia and Rahul had abandoned every one of those principles. They are just out there to get power.

Indian people saw through their game. They are looking for alternate leadership. Indian political system does not room for genuine people's advocates.  They saw a flawed modi and decided to give him and his party a chance.  

Competent modi is better than nincompoop rahul. that is what indian people are saying.

Big Business and Corporate Media was hailing a gentleman in Germany in the 1930's. The same gentleman was also much admired by RSS ideologues like Guruji Golwalkar. And Narendra Modi says he owes everything to the RSS.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

IG is long dead. No Cong leader of the present has shown any predilection for muzzling the press.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/06/opinion/indias-limited-freedom-of-speech.html?_r=0
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Rash

This self delusional nonsense will not get you anywhere. Go and tell that to average indian voter.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:54 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rash

This self delusional nonsense will not get you anywhere. Go and tell that to average indian voter.

Average Indian voter needs to be informed about Modi's Hitler connection through the RSS. RSS admires Hitler and Modi says he owes everything to RSS.

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:On the other hand,  rash look what insecure Indira did to India. Look what dynastic succession did to Indian democracy? Look how an incompetent rahul was thrust upon Congress party and India?
Ok. When it comes to India,  rashmun will close his eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

Cong is not perfect and I do not support its stand on many issues like the question of caste based reservations. But out of all political parties in India Cong is the best.

With respect to Indra Gandhi, people were warning her not to have Sikhs as bodyguards after Bluestar but she did not listen to them because she was a staunch secularist. She was willing to pay the price for her secular ideology.

Further, after 1971 war, even BJP leaders like Vajpayee were saying that Indra reminds them of Goddess Durga. Field Marshal Maneckshaw has complemented Indra for being a fine war time leader.

Of course Indra had her defects, but the fact that she continued to remain secular--respecting all communities, castes, and creeds--has to be appreciated.
Mr Self appointed Secularism expert, who seems to give certificate of Secularism to IG.

What is the meaning of being secular can you please explain ?
So let me state the following things. Are all the activities below  secular ?
a) Favoring one religion over another in giving goodies or development schemes
b) Asking votes in the name of religion by getting religious leaders to appeal to masses of one religion
c) Make flexible laws that only applies to one religion, but do not allow the same flexible laws for other religion
d) Letting in Illegal Immigrants from Non-secular countries with Non-secular world view into India
e) Support Conversions and allow Organized conversion activities.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:58 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/06/opinion/indias-limited-freedom-of-speech.html?_r=0

As far as the Bombay arrests are concerned the policemen who arrested the girl were later suspended.

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/27/police-in-mumbai-facebook-arrests-suspended/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down