Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A believer in gun control

4 posters

Go down

A believer in gun control Empty A believer in gun control

Post by nevada Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:51 pm

What he did seems benign compared to the damage caused by shooting rampages. This is the best of both worlds - attacker unleashes fury, damage is on a smaller scale.

Twenty-one students and an adult were injured when a teenager, armed with knives, attacked students and staff at a high school in the US state of Pennsylvania Wednesday, officials said.

"A critical incident has occurred at the high school. All elementary schools are cancelled, the middle school and high school students are secure," said the Westmoreland County school district in a statement posted on its web site.

A 16-year-old boy - identified by authorities as Alex Hribal - was arrested after the incident at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, 40 km from Pittsburgh. Police said he is the attacker and a student at the school, the spokesperson for the county's Emergency Department, Dan Stevens, told reporters.

He added that the attack began shortly before the first class of the day, lasted only minutes and the attacker wielded two knives 20 and 25 centimeters (8 and 10 inches) long.

The suspect was later questioned by police and taken to a hospital for minor head injuries.

Initial reports broadcast by local television say that the attacker went through the high school's halls acting "crazy" and stabbing as many students as he could before he was overpowered.

Several of the injured were taken to medical centers by helicopter with eight of them being transported to the Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville with stab wounds, Pittsburg's Channel 4 TV reported.

Forbes Hospital physician Mark Rubino said that three of the students required surgery and two are in critical condition. Other medical authorities said that at least seven people were seriously injured with cuts and penetrating wounds in the chest and abdomen.

US President Barack Obama sent a message of solidarity to the relatives and victims of the attack from Texas, where he is attending the funeral services for the victims of the shooting attack last week that left four people dead and 16 wounded on the Fort Hood military base.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/student-stabs-22-people-in-us-high-school/1/354886.html

nevada

Back to top Go down

A believer in gun control Empty Re: A believer in gun control

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:10 am

we need kitchen knife ban, that's the only way to control this epidemic

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:we need kitchen knife ban, that's the only way to control this epidemic

easy cheap sarcasm. imagine a gun in that kid's hands.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:we need kitchen knife ban, that's the only way to control this epidemic

easy cheap sarcasm. imagine a gun in that kid's hands.
Besides, let's figure how many people have died from stabbing sprees in the US. If the number is anywhere near the number of people dying in shooting sprees, I might support tighter controls on such weapons.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 pm

if number of people killed is the deciding factor, let's consider banning cars. I bet horses killed far fewer teenagers than cars do annually. and spare me the "gun's dont have any other use".

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:if number of people killed is the deciding factor, let's consider banning cars. I bet horses killed far fewer teenagers than cars do annually. and spare me the "gun's dont have any other use".

i wonder why they don't use cars and knives in a modern battlefield to kill.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:if number of people killed is the deciding factor, let's consider banning cars. I bet horses killed far fewer teenagers than cars do annually. and spare me the "gun's dont have any other use".

i wonder why they don't use cars and knives in a modern battlefield to kill.

same reason they dont use horse drawn carriages for transportation.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:23 am

more evidence for banning buses and cars. do horses get involved in fiery crashes? no they dont.

http://gma.yahoo.com/students-among-victims-fiery-calif-crash-044127662--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:01 am

this republican argument always sounds hollow and devoid of logic. deaths from cars are seldom intentional, while deaths from guns seldom aren't. i am afraid, we cannot spare you the guns don't have any other use comment, because it is true.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down