Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The whining wing of the BJP

2 posters

Go down

The whining wing of the BJP Empty The whining wing of the BJP

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:10 pm

The “whining wing” is less poisonous but nurses deep a persecution complex that make it equally out-of-step with Mr. Modi’s upbeat new BJP.

Steeped in a “deny everything, attack everyone” propaganda model, the whiners fixatedly complain about the people and parties they oppose instead of evangelising the BJP’s ideas for housing, infrastructure and business.

Their 1980s predilection to prefix “pseudo” to any opposing idea makes the BJP look dated and petty at a time when it is all-important for Mr. Modi to appear prime ministerial and progressive.

Worse, while Mr. Modi’s own stance towards the world is open and assured, the whiners’ paranoid fear mongering about how half the world is out to destroy Hinduism thrusts a minority complex upon a majority community eager for self-confidence.

This is partly because the BJP has historically been a party nursing grudges. It was born out of a sense of cultural emasculation, reared on a diet of political and social isolation and grew to adulthood in anger that was carefully cultivated and directed by L.K. Advani.

Critics accuse the party of simply trying to speak in two voices — using Mr. Modi, Mr. Jaitley, Ms Raje, Mr. Chouhan etc. to speak of development and attract one set of voters, while using the extremists and whiners to stir Luddites with the mandir and other issues.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/the-new-bjp-and-the-fringe/article5901858.ece?homepage=true

-> *ahem* anyone know what this whining-wing is, I doubt any SuCHer would know, just checking Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

The whining wing of the BJP Empty Re: The whining wing of the BJP

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:30 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:The “whining wing” is less poisonous but nurses deep a persecution complex that make it equally out-of-step with Mr. Modi’s upbeat new BJP.

Steeped in a “deny everything, attack everyone” propaganda model, the whiners fixatedly complain about the people and parties they oppose instead of evangelising the BJP’s ideas for housing, infrastructure and business.

Their 1980s predilection to prefix “pseudo” to any opposing idea makes the BJP look dated and petty at a time when it is all-important for Mr. Modi to appear prime ministerial and progressive.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/the-new-bjp-and-the-fringe/article5901858.ece?homepage=true

-> *ahem* anyone know what this whining-wing is, I doubt any SuCHer would know, just checking Razz

funny...I thought for a minute that the article aptly suited the iSlamic population in India (and world at large), and the communal party of Congress (I) - I stands for Islamic, Indira, or Italian. Now reread the article and see for yourself.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down