Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatred for Hindus: A brave article published in a Pak newspaper

2 posters

Go down

Hatred for Hindus: A brave article published in a Pak newspaper Empty Hatred for Hindus: A brave article published in a Pak newspaper

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 9:33 am

It is very important to realise here that it’s not being implied that Hindus do not – or have never – reciprocated these sentiments. The stereotypical Hindu of ‘secular’ India manifests similar communal antagonism. And the nation might very well be on the verge of electing a communalist as their next prime minister in the shape of Narendra Modi. However, what needs to be understood and underscored here is that an Indian Hindu manifesting communal bigotry contradicts the ‘idea’ of India, while a Pakistani Muslim by doing so conforms to the ‘idea’ of Pakistan. Opposition to Hindus, and antagonism between Hindus and Muslims, form the founding principle of Pakistan.

- See more at: http://www.thefridaytimes.com/tft/hatred-for-hindus/#sthash.dvgsH2Au.dpuf

Last edited by Rashmun on Sat May 03, 2014 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Hatred for Hindus: A brave article published in a Pak newspaper Empty Re: Hatred for Hindus: A brave article published in a Pak newspaper

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 9:39 am

The only part or the article I do not agree with is the authenticity of the Tipu Sultan quote. Why so? Because it contradicts the image of the Tipu who gave financial support to Sringeri mutt and who even sent his own army to protect the Sringeri mutt when Maratha invaders had come to loot and ransack it.
Further, as Dr B.N.Pande said in the Rajya Sabha in 1977:

While I was doing some research on Tippu Sultan in 1928 at Allahabad, some office bearers of a college Students Union approached me with a request to inaugurate their History Association. They had directly come from the college with their text-books. I opened the chapter on Tippu Sultan. One of the sentences that struck me deeply was: 'Three thousand Brahmins committed suicide as Tippu wanted to convert them forcibly into the fold of Islam'. The author of the text-book was, Mahamahopadhyaya Dr. Har Prashad Shastri, Head of the Department of Sanskrit, Calcutta University. I immediately wrote to Dr. Shastri for the source of his information. After many reminders came the reply that he had taken that from the Mysore Gazetteer....
... Prof Srikantia informed me that the episode of the suicide of 3,000 Brahmins is nowhere in the Mysore Gazetteer and he, as student of history of Mysore, was quite certain that no such incident had taken place. He further informed me that the Prime Minister of Tippu Sultan was a Brahmin named Punaiya and his commander-in-chief was also a Brahmin, named Krishna Rao. He supplied me with the list of 156 temples to which Tippu Sultan used to pay annual grants. He sent me 30 photostat copies of Tippu Sultan's letters addressed to the Jagadguru Shankaracharya of Srinageri Math with whom Tippu Sultan had very cordial relations....
Dr Shastri's book was approved as a course book of history for high schools in Bengal, Assam, Bihar, Orissa, U.P., M.P. and Rajasthan. I approached Sri Ashutosh Mukherjee, the then Vice-Chancellor of Calcutta University, and sent him all the correspondence that I had exchanged with Dr Shastri, with Mysore University Vice-Chancellor, Sri Brijendra Nath Seal, and Prof. Srikantia, with the request to take proper action against the offending passages in the text-book. Prompt came the reply from Sri Ashutosh Mukherjee, that the history book by Dr Shastri has been put out of course.
However, I was amazed to find the same suicide story was still existing in the history text-books which had been prescribed in 1972 for Junior High Schools in U.P.

Back to top Go down

Hatred for Hindus: A brave article published in a Pak newspaper Empty Re: Hatred for Hindus: A brave article published in a Pak newspaper

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat May 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Rashmun wrote: Opposition to Hindus, and antagonism between Hindus and Muslims, form the founding principle of Pakistan.

So, what's the point -- should Hindus everywhere, especially in India, continue to tolerate and live under opposition and antagonism of others?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat May 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:It is very important to realise here that it’s not being implied that Hindus do not – or have never – reciprocated these sentiments. The stereotypical Hindu of ‘secular’ India manifests similar communal antagonism. And the nation might very well be on the verge of electing a communalist as their next prime minister in the shape of Narendra Modi. However, what needs to be understood and underscored here is that an Indian Hindu manifesting communal bigotry contradicts the ‘idea’ of India, while a Pakistani Muslim by doing so conforms to the ‘idea’ of Pakistan. Opposition to Hindus, and antagonism between Hindus and Muslims, form the founding principle of Pakistan.

- See more at: http://www.thefridaytimes.com/tft/hatred-for-hindus/#sthash.dvgsH2Au.dpuf

>>>The first reaction I had upon reading this article was that the author is really putting his life on the line. I think the fundamental problem here is that a negation of the anti-Hindu theme in Pakistan would pretty much mean cultural suicide, as that is the core idea around which the society is built. Attempts to create a new identity outside of that have resulted in very bizarre constructs i.e. adulation of Ghaznavi, an imagined Arab connection etc. The latter is particularly sad since Pakistanis are seen as low men on totem pole by the Arabs. Still, you have the syndrome of "the newest convert being the most zealous of them all" which has resulted in being a safe haven to terrorists and doing their bidding for them. There is no infrastructure for stable governance, no contribution to the world economically, no respect in the community of nations that matter and a strange quest for a quasi Arab identity, while the Arabs themselves are desperately trying to buy their way out of their Rodney Dangerfield status with oil.  Sad story indeed!

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down