Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My’ Hinduism is a secure inclusive faith: So why isn’t Modi’s?

+5
Vakavaka Pakapaka
ashdoc
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
confuzzled dude
Rishi
9 posters

Go down

My’ Hinduism is a secure inclusive faith: So why isn’t Modi’s?  Empty My’ Hinduism is a secure inclusive faith: So why isn’t Modi’s?

Post by Rishi Sat May 03, 2014 10:25 pm

My family has moved several cities and a lot more houses over the years, and everywhere we lived, my parents' ethnicity and faith were always a very small minority. In Bombay, in my school, I was one of a small handful of Anglo Indians, one of a small handful of Protestants, and the only one who was both.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/my-hinduism-is-a-secure-inclusive-faith-so-why-isnt-modis-1507045.html?utm_source=ref_article

>>> We also had Anglo Indians as tenants.  There were hardly any problems.

The Hindu backlash happens when you try to convert them by hook or crook.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

My’ Hinduism is a secure inclusive faith: So why isn’t Modi’s?  Empty Re: My’ Hinduism is a secure inclusive faith: So why isn’t Modi’s?

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Psstt.. What a sob story. Somebody should remind him that Modi & his cronies practice Hindutva which is != Hinduism.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

My’ Hinduism is a secure inclusive faith: So why isn’t Modi’s?  Empty Re: My’ Hinduism is a secure inclusive faith: So why isn’t Modi’s?

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 10:38 am

The author is wrong about 'his' Hinduism. Hindus are these bad, intolerant people who show no mercy to people of other faiths. They are held to the leash and controlled to act like nice, tolerant and accepting people all these 60 odd years since independence because of the 'secular' congress rule. Once Modi comes to power, the true nature of Hindus comes out and India will become another Pakistan. All the minorities in India will either be driven out, converted or annihilated. Dooms days are near for non-hindus in India. Khabardaar!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 04, 2014 10:55 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Psstt.. What a sob story. Somebody should remind him that Modi & his cronies practice Hindutva which is != Hinduism.

agree...a hindu should allow himself to be exploited and deceived in every which way as that is his karma, and collwct brownie points for his next life.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 04, 2014 11:25 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Psstt.. What a sob story. Somebody should remind him that Modi & his cronies practice Hindutva which is != Hinduism.

agree...a hindu should allow himself to be exploited and deceived in every which way as that is his karma, and collwct brownie points for his next life.
Here is the most important trait, wreak havoc in mala pallis and madiga gudems to remind them SC/ST folks that they are inferior species.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sun May 04, 2014 11:31 am

the reason is simple . we need hindutva warriors to counter islamic fundamentalism---fundamentalism which broke this country apart , fundamentalism which gave rise to eternal enemy pakistan . 

in absolute terms hindutva ideology is wrong , but in relative terms ( relative to islamic fundamentalism ) it is a necessity....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 04, 2014 11:34 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Here is the most important trait, wreak havoc in mala pallis and madiga gudems to remind them SC/ST folks that they are inferior species.

"India is one and that is our ideology" Rajnath Singh.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 11:58 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

...and the 2002 post-godhra riots. forgot to mention that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 12:59 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

let me do a confuzzled and Rashmunullah on you once  tongue . Here's a link that was posted here some time ago. It's the story of a muslim family; a story which tells how muslims are persecuted by other muslims, so much that these poor muslims are made to flee the country. They have to seek asylum in a non-muslim majority country coz none of the muslim countries are generous enough to take in muslim refugees, though those countries are rich. So now this refugee family lives in netherlands for 16 yrs and like our very own hyderabadi muslims, makes no attempt to learn the local language or culture and attempt to integrate. The dutch know this trait of the muslims very well. In order to counter the growing resistance of the locals against muslims, it makes an indirect attempt to send them away. It passes a law that requires all immigrants to pass a dutch language test. And this woman cribs, complains and makes excuses. But she is terrified of going back to Pakistan because it is 'very very dangerous'. So that's how muslims treat other muslims. Forget abt them treating non-muslims well.

http://content.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,901495844001_2064551,00.html?iid=tabvidrecirc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

let me do a confuzzled and Rashmunullah on you once  tongue . Here's a link that was posted here some time ago. It's the story of a muslim family; a story which tells how muslims are persecuted by other muslims, so much that these poor muslims are made to flee the country. They have to seek asylum in a non-muslim majority country coz none of the muslim countries are generous enough to take in muslim refugees, though those countries are rich. So now this refugee family lives in netherlands for 16 yrs and like our very own hyderabadi muslims, makes no attempt to learn the local language or culture and attempt to integrate. The dutch know this trait of the muslims very well. In order to counter the growing resistance of the locals against muslims, it makes an indirect attempt to send them away. It passes a law that requires all immigrants to pass a dutch language test. And this woman cribs, complains and makes excuses. But she is terrified of going back to Pakistan because it is 'very very dangerous'. So that's how muslims treat other muslims. Forget abt them treating non-muslims well.

http://content.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,901495844001_2064551,00.html?iid=tabvidrecirc

Muslims of India should be made to pass a Bhagavad Gita test and recite Vande Mataram before issueing vote ID, ration card or passport, Aadhar card.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

* language and (dutch) culture test.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun May 04, 2014 7:13 pm

Why should Hinduism be inclusive? Inclusive of what - Semitic religions? The latter don't even recognize Hinduism as a proper religion!

Sikular fools live in their own la la land and dream of an "inclusive Hinduism" when they themselves don't follow it.

Does it make sense if Doggy talks of Seetha when he sleeps with Surpanakha?

Does Abhishek Manu Singhvi make sense when he talks about morality?

Does ND Tiwari have credibility when he talks of inclusiveness in a family?

There you have it!  CONartists, sikular scholars and fukularists are the ones barking about an inclusive Hinduism.

Shiva should send his Rudraganas and chop the head of Daksha.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Why should Hinduism be inclusive? Inclusive of what - Semitic religions? The latter don't even recognize Hinduism as a proper religion!

Sikular fools live in their own la la land and dream of an "inclusive Hinduism" when they themselves don't follow it.

Does it make sense if Doggy talks of Seetha when he sleeps with Surpanakha?

Does Abhishek Manu Singhvi make sense when he talks about morality?

Does ND Tiwari have credibility when he talks of inclusiveness in a family?

There you have it!  CONartists, sikular scholars and fukularists are the ones barking about an inclusive Hinduism.

What about Lord Krishna sir? He might be the ArAdhya Dyavam of all CONartists.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 04, 2014 9:49 pm

why should anyone emulate the dutch model? if the US were to do what the dutch are trying to do, many indians including some who post on this board will get kicked out of the US.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 04, 2014 9:56 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why should anyone emulate the dutch model? if the US were to do what the dutch are trying to do, many indians including some who post on this board will get kicked out of the US.

Like who??? The US does have an English requirement. The reason you might not have realized it bcz you have a college degree from US and you are exempted. Haven't you heard of "English tutoring classes" (See Engilsih Vinglish). Also, the US does have a so called culture test - which is actually history/constitutional test - written.

That is what I was also recommending for the Illegals....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 10:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why should anyone emulate the dutch model? if the US were to do what the dutch are trying to do, many indians including some who post on this board will get kicked out of the US.
Who has suggested anyone to emulate the dutch model? Looks like you have english comprehension problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Who has suggested anyone to emulate the dutch model? Looks like you have english comprehension problems.

all week long you've been on this board whining about muslims. in an earlier post you wrote:

Kinnera wrote:They have to seek asylum in a non-muslim majority country coz none of the muslim countries are generous enough to take in muslim refugees, though those countries are rich. So now this refugee family lives in netherlands for 16 yrs and like our very own hyderabadi muslims, makes no attempt to learn the local language or culture and attempt to integrate. The dutch know this trait of the muslims very well. In order to counter the growing resistance of the locals against muslims, it makes an indirect attempt to send them away. It passes a law that requires all immigrants to pass a dutch language test. And this woman cribs, complains and makes excuses.

it's not difficult to conclude based on your prior whining that you would like other countries to emulate the dutch. this is not an exercise in comprehending english but rather reading between the lines and interpreting your intent.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 10:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

all week long you've been on this board whining about muslims. in an earlier post you wrote:

Kinnera wrote:They have to seek asylum in a non-muslim majority country coz none of the muslim countries are generous enough to take in muslim refugees, though those countries are rich. So now this refugee family lives in netherlands for 16 yrs and like our very own hyderabadi muslims, makes no attempt to learn the local language or culture and attempt to integrate. The dutch know this trait of the muslims very well. In order to counter the growing resistance of the locals against muslims, it makes an indirect attempt to send them away. It passes a law that requires all immigrants to pass a dutch language test. And this woman cribs, complains and makes excuses.

it's not difficult to conclude based on your prior whining that you would like other countries to emulate the dutch. this is not an exercise in comprehending english but rather reading between the lines and interpreting your intent.
What the heck! you don't have just the english comprehension problems, you have other kinds of comprehension problems too. What's your IQ again? Read the posts again. Hopefully, you'll get it. If you don't, i'll explain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon May 05, 2014 9:26 am

I hate to disappoint you but Hindutva literally means Hinduism. In other words, 'Hindutva' is the Sankrit / Hindi version of anglicised 'Hinduism'.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 05, 2014 9:51 am

Kinnera wrote:So now this refugee family lives in netherlands for 16 yrs and like our very own hyderabadi muslims, makes no attempt to learn the local language or culture and attempt to integrate.
Hyderabadi Muslims have nothing to do with this little story. They have been living in Hyderabad for several generations. They are quite familiar with the local language and culture of Hyderabad. They do not need to make any attempts to integrate into their own country.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 05, 2014 9:54 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Why should Hinduism be inclusive?

Excellent, guruvu gaaru. Wishing for violence suits you a lot better than spouting spirituality.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon May 05, 2014 10:27 am

Kinnera wrote:The author is wrong about 'his' Hinduism. Hindus are these bad, intolerant people who show no mercy to people of other faiths. They are held to the leash and controlled to act like nice, tolerant and accepting people all these 60 odd years since independence because of the 'secular' congress rule. Once Modi comes to power, the true nature of Hindus comes out and India will become another Pakistan. All the minorities in India will either be driven out, converted or annihilated. Dooms days are near for non-hindus in India. Khabardaar!
Nice portrayal of Hindus under Modi.

Smile

LOL
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 10:59 am

Idéfix wrote:
Kinnera wrote:So now this refugee family lives in netherlands for 16 yrs and like our very own hyderabadi muslims, makes no attempt to learn the local language or culture and attempt to integrate.
Hyderabadi Muslims have nothing to do with this little story. They have been living in Hyderabad for several generations. They are quite familiar with the local language and culture of Hyderabad. They do not need to make any attempts to integrate into their own country.
Ya, the one who was born and brought up in Andhra Pradesh and whose family has been living in Hyderabad for several generations and who is a people's leader can't give an interview in Telugu for a local telugu channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvIEStRork

Last edited by Kinnera on Mon May 05, 2014 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon May 05, 2014 11:00 am

Kinnera wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

* language and (dutch) culture test.

Why is she terrified of going back to Pakistan? There are about 200 million Muslims who are living there.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 05, 2014 11:21 am

Kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Ya, the one who was born and brought up in Andhra Pradesh and whose family has been living in Hyderabad for several generations and who is a people's leader can't give an interview in Telugu for a local telugu channel.

I can't watch Youtube videos here. Is (s)he speaking in Hyderabadi? If so, (s)he is speaking a local language. Is it one of the Owaisis? If so, (s)he is likely an anti-national hooligan, and is not much like the ordinary Hyderabadi Muslim.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 11:36 am

Idéfix wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I can't watch Youtube videos here. Is (s)he speaking in Hyderabadi? If so, (s)he is speaking a local language. Is it one of the Owaisis? If so, (s)he is likely an anti-national hooligan, and is not much like the ordinary Hyderabadi Muslim.
Ya, it's an interview of Sultan Salaluddin Owaisi with RK for the Andhra Jyothi channel. The interview was in telugu. The guy couldn't answer a single question in telugu. He answered in english.

The guy may be an anti-national hoolign, but the ordinary Hyderabadi muslims vote for him en masse.

How much do ordinary hyderabadi muslims know telugu? Not much. That's a fact. They refuse to learn or speak in telugu. Let's not be hypocrites here. I was born and brought up in Hyderabad, went to school and colleges in hyderabad, had tons of muslims class/school/college-mates. Nopes, they don't speak in telugu. How much telugu do you think ordinary muslims like Azaruddin and Sania Mirza know?

Here's Sania's interview in telugu for a telugu channel. Of course, the interview is in telugu, but she can't answer a single question in telugu. She responds in english. And yeah, she was born and brought up in hyderabad and her family has been living in the telugu/telangana land for centuries.

Watch it at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hQP7NXODPA

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 05, 2014 11:47 am

Kinnera wrote:How much do ordinary hyderabadi muslims know telugu? Not much.
Assuming for a minute that that is true, it does not matter. They speak Hyderabadi, which is very much a local language. Hyderabad has been a multilingual city since it was first founded by a Muslim king.

Kinnera wrote:That's a fact. They refuse to learn or speak in telugu. Let's not be hypocrites here. I was born and brought up in Hyderabad, went to school and colleges in hyderabad, had tons of muslims class/school/college-mates. Nopes, they don't speak in telugu.
This is not my experience. I have several Muslim friends from Hyderabad who are quite comfortable speaking Telugu. Their first language is Hyderabadi, but they understand and speak Telugu as a second language. In my first year at college, the norm was for students to hang out with people from their own states. In that setting, all the Hyderabadi Muslim students in my class were part of the "Telugu gang," not the northern group (or a Muslim group).
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 11:55 am

Idéfix wrote:
Assuming for a minute that that is true, it does not matter. They speak Hyderabadi, which is very much a local language. Hyderabad has been a multilingual city since it was first founded by a Muslim king.

Kinnera wrote:That's a fact. They refuse to learn or speak in telugu. Let's not be hypocrites here. I was born and brought up in Hyderabad, went to school and colleges in hyderabad, had tons of muslims class/school/college-mates. Nopes, they don't speak in telugu.
This is not my experience. I have several Muslim friends from Hyderabad who are quite comfortable speaking Telugu. Their first language is Hyderabadi, but they understand and speak Telugu as a second language. In my first year at college, the norm was for students to hang out with people from their own states. In that setting, all the Hyderabadi Muslim students in my class were part of the "Telugu gang," not the northern group (or a Muslim group).
As you said, it doesn't matter if they don't. But the thing is, why deny it? That's was i was defending. I don't deny your experience in your college, though i'd say that it's unique.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

I hate to disappoint you but Hindutva literally means Hinduism. In other words, 'Hindutva' is the Sankrit / Hindi version of anglicised 'Hinduism'.
Thank you Sevaji and we are all sure that only chaturvarnas exist in Vedas thus all these castes are myth

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon May 05, 2014 1:47 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Thank you Sevaji and we are all sure that only chaturvarnas exist in Vedas thus all these castes are myth

Like where CDji.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am

Kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

As you said, it doesn't matter if they don't. But the thing is, why deny it? That's was i was defending. I don't deny your experience in your college, though i'd say that it's unique.
I agree majority of Muslims or Gujaratis or Marwaris (living in Hyd for generations and generations) don't speak much Telugu; What does that prove though? It has more to do with Telugus than them. If my memory serves me right, c.na.re mentioned in one of the interviews that he was denied admission in urdu medium school, studying in urdu medium used to be a status symbol, back then.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue May 06, 2014 8:25 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Like where CDji.

Here is more info. on this topic,
"Caste through the sands of time" ----  http://creative.sulekha.com/caste-through-the-sands-of-time_465740_blog
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down