Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modi storms Amethi; Priyanka says he has insulted ‘my father Rajiv’

+7
Idéfix
pravalika nanda
swapna
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
southindian
Seva Lamberdar
11 posters

Go down

Modi storms Amethi; Priyanka says he has insulted ‘my father Rajiv’ Empty Modi storms Amethi; Priyanka says he has insulted ‘my father Rajiv’

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon May 05, 2014 2:07 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/lok-sabha-elections-2014/news/Modi-storms-Amethi-Priyanka-says-he-has-insulted-my-father-Rajiv/articleshow/34697281.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Modi storms Amethi; Priyanka says he has insulted ‘my father Rajiv’ Empty Re: Modi storms Amethi; Priyanka says he has insulted ‘my father Rajiv’

Post by southindian Mon May 05, 2014 2:28 pm

She feels Modi insulted Rajiv Gandhi because Modi came to Amethi?

At this point of election noise....its like whatever works.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Modi storms Amethi; Priyanka says he has insulted ‘my father Rajiv’ Empty Re: Modi storms Amethi; Priyanka says he has insulted ‘my father Rajiv’

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 05, 2014 2:38 pm

The scathing attack launched by Modi on Gandhi family at their comfortable turf is though being seen by political observers as the BJP PM's all out yet last ditch effort to drum up support for a member of his team, Sangh Pariwar's serious foray into Gandhi bastion had two main reasons.

Freudian slip by TOI?

While ending his speech urging the voters to go out and vote in favour of lotus (BJP's election symbol), Modi unlike in previous speeches not only spoke for around 55 minutes despite a soar throat, but also prolonged his stay after the speech on the dais acknowledging people's greetings who had by that time broken the D-cordon to reach near the dais.

And bad proof-reading.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 05, 2014 2:50 pm

we should ask to see the intermediate hindi version prior to translation into english.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon May 05, 2014 2:56 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:we should ask to see the intermediate hindi version prior to translation into english.

That probably said, "suar ka ththroatt."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Modi said: "Rahul bhaiyya had been saying that Modi indulges in politics of anger. However, today I will reveal several things. When Rajiv Gandhi was only Congress general secretary, he had gone to Andhra Pradesh. The then Andhra chief minister had come to receive him. However, Rajiv Gandhi got annoyed over something and reprimanded the chief minister who was double his age, in full public view much to his humiliation. Is this not the politics of anger?"

This was a tuning point in AP politics. This incident instigated NTR to enter politics and that's when TDP was born. Resisting Delhi's high-handedness and upholding Telugus' self-respect were the election points which brought him to power with a huge majority.

But I think it wasn't Rajiv's fault at all. He was irked by the sycophancy of the AP congress leaders to the delhi high command. He was just an MP at the time. He got angry that Anjaih, the CM of AP, came to the airport to receive him. 'Why the hell should the CM of a state come to the airport to receive me? i am just an MP?' was Rajiv's point. He yelled at him and refused to get into his car while the CM went after him, pleading with him. Rajiv didn't budge. Actually, Rajiv needs to be commended for that. The fault is with the shameless congress leaders (they still are shameless), not Rajiv Gandhi.

This incident happened way back in the 80s. I don't understand why Modi had to bring up this incident now after so many decades, that too in some other state, not AP. In what way could the audience in Amethi connect with this incident? Bringing this up to show Rajiv in a bad light is not in good taste or judgment. Very bad@Modi.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon May 05, 2014 5:06 pm

can this bitch get back into the kitchen?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon May 05, 2014 5:14 pm

oh no I have to hire protection now that I said something about the cultured Caucasian high-born goddess of the high-born secular elites.

oh who will protect me in my time of fear vulnerability and need?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Kinnera wrote:I don't understand why Modi had to bring up this incident now after so many decades, that too in some other state, not AP. In what way could the audience in Amethi connect with this incident? Bringing this up to show Rajiv in a bad light is not in good taste or judgment. Very bad@Modi.
He has a tendency to take liberties with the truth. It just happens that he took a liberty with a truth that you knew well.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon May 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Kinnera wrote:Modi said: "Rahul bhaiyya had been saying that Modi indulges in politics of anger. However, today I will reveal several things. When Rajiv Gandhi was only Congress general secretary, he had gone to Andhra Pradesh. The then Andhra chief minister had come to receive him. However, Rajiv Gandhi got annoyed over something and reprimanded the chief minister who was double his age, in full public view much to his humiliation. Is this not the politics of anger?"

This was a tuning point in AP politics. This incident instigated NTR to enter politics and that's when TDP was born. Resisting Delhi's high-handedness and upholding Telugus' self-respect were the election points which brought him to power with a huge majority.

But I think it wasn't Rajiv's fault at all. He was irked by the sycophancy of the AP congress leaders to the delhi high command. He was just an MP at the time. He got angry that Anjaih, the CM of AP, came to the airport to receive him. 'Why the hell should the CM of a state come to the airport to receive me? i am just an MP?' was Rajiv's point. He yelled at him and refused to get into his car while the CM went after him, pleading with him. Rajiv didn't budge. Actually, Rajiv needs to be commended for that. The fault is with the shameless congress leaders (they still are shameless), not Rajiv Gandhi.

This incident happened way back in the 80s. I don't understand why Modi had to bring up this incident now after so many decades, that too in some other state, not AP. In what way could the audience in Amethi connect with this incident? Bringing this up to show Rajiv in a bad light is not in good taste or judgment. Very bad@Modi.

I disagree. If he is just an MP what gives him the right to berate the CM in public. Whether sycophant or not , he was a the representative of the AP people. He could've refused the garlands and all gently. He didn't have to create a scene and shout at the CM openly. This is equivalent to Rahul yelling publicly at MMS.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon May 05, 2014 10:34 pm

b_A wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Modi said: "Rahul bhaiyya had been saying that Modi indulges in politics of anger. However, today I will reveal several things. When Rajiv Gandhi was only Congress general secretary, he had gone to Andhra Pradesh. The then Andhra chief minister had come to receive him. However, Rajiv Gandhi got annoyed over something and reprimanded the chief minister who was double his age, in full public view much to his humiliation. Is this not the politics of anger?"

I disagree. If he is just an MP what gives him the right to berate the CM in public. Whether sycophant or not , he was a the representative of the AP people. He could've refused the garlands and all gently. He didn't have to create a scene and shout at the CM openly. This is equivalent to  Rahul yelling  publicly at MMS.

yeah, and if prince Rajiv was in a different mood, he would have said why didn't that southindian fellow come to receive me in the airport, doesn't he know who my baap is?  either way the AP CM would get fucked.

the question idefix can ask is why was he even an MP. how did he get that?

when have the nehru-gandhis behaved with decency in india's 50 plus years? if kinnera wants to commend someone tell her to commend mahatma gandhis people.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Mon May 05, 2014 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon May 05, 2014 10:53 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
b_A wrote:

I disagree. If he is just an MP what gives him the right to berate the CM in public. Whether sycophant or not , he was a the representative of the AP people. He could've refused the garlands and all gently. He didn't have to create a scene and shout at the CM openly. This is equivalent to  Rahul yelling  publicly at MMS.

yeah, and if prince Rajiv was in a different mood, he would have said why didn't that southindian fellow come to receive me in the airport, doesn't he know who my baap is?  either way the AP CM would get fucked.

when have the nehru-gandhis behaved with decency in india's 50 plus years? if kinnera wants to commend someone tell her to commend mahatma gandhis people.

PN, am curious. why are you so passionate about indian politics?

Last edited by bw on Mon May 05, 2014 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon May 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Kinnera wrote:I don't understand why Modi had to bring up this incident now after so many decades, that too in some other state, not AP. In what way could the audience in Amethi connect with this incident? Bringing this up to show Rajiv in a bad light is not in good taste or judgment. Very bad@Modi.
He has a tendency to take liberties with the truth. It just happens that he took a liberty with a truth that you knew well.
Your feeling "for" Modi is becoming naked! Modi was objecting to the behavior of Rajiv towards the CM of a state. He could have said what he wanted to in a respectful way. He certainly didn't behave like a mere MP. He was talking like a boss of a servant. In fact, he was barking and talking down at Anjaiah and Anjaiah didn't tell him off. He was licking his boots.

What NTR did was good for the psyche of the common man (unlike what KCR, Chiranjeevi, Shankara Rao, et al., do - ars lick).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon May 05, 2014 11:17 pm

bw wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
b_A wrote:

PN, am curious. why are you so passionate about indian politics?

well because i love india and i care about the outcomes. i have lived in other places in the world and it brings me to my knees when i see indian people who have so little live life so happily. i don't know how they do it, they are minimalists without knowing it. there is not a lot of space or resources in india but somehow they accommodate each other and get through the day without making such a fuss. i think it takes a lot of kindness to be able to do it.

of course i an not unaware of the crime and social backwardness. it's just that even in country like America people are really not that giving.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon May 05, 2014 11:28 pm

And the Gandhi shit really makes me angry, it's like India never got free because it got trapped by the Gandhis and I really just think it is an extension of colonial rule.

I'm also angry at educated Indians and Indian "minorities" who support the Gandhis when they should have asked why there was not an Indian leader at the helm. if they're Indian enough to get handouts they're Indian enough to be politically active and behave responsibly and think about what's best for India instead of say utter crap like SG is better than any Indian man to lead the country. That's what flim flam who is better off than 95% of Indians said. He really needs to shove it.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 05, 2014 11:45 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Moron Modi probably heard of this for the first time last week (or is it this week) during his trip to Andhra and promptly regurgitated it at the first available chance.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue May 06, 2014 2:11 am

pravalika nanda wrote:And the Gandhi shit really makes me angry, it's like India never got free because it got trapped by the Gandhis and I really just think it is an extension of colonial rule.

I'm also angry at educated Indians and Indian "minorities" who support the Gandhis when they should have asked why there was not an Indian leader at the helm. if they're Indian enough to get handouts they're Indian enough to be politically active and behave responsibly and think about what's best for India instead of say utter crap like SG is better than any Indian man to lead the country. That's what flim flam who is better off than 95% of Indians said. He really needs to shove it.

thanks for your answer, PN. i hope your wishes come true.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down