Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10-year-old Laila offered to help Indian economy

Go down

10-year-old Laila offered to help Indian economy Empty 10-year-old Laila offered to help Indian economy

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 14, 2014 5:33 pm

"Last September, when the Indian government was struggling to control the rupee's massive slide against the dollar, a worried 10-year-old schoolgirl sent a $20 (£12) bill to the governor of the country's central bank offering to help the economy"

Raghuram Rajan took over as the governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 4 September 2013 - the following day Laila Indira Alva sent him a letter. "I have heard about the crisis our economy is facing on the news. I have also heard about the fall of the rupee with respect to the dollar," she wrote.

"Many people say it starts with little and then it becomes big, so I thought that my $20 would be a little. But I thought if people had the right thought in their minds, then they could make it big. I thought that everyone will contribute a little bit to help our economy and India will progress," says Laila.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-27388104

-> She put all those greedy politicians to shame, Oh! well shameless thugs that they are they will laugh it off as a nice gesture.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down