Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modi is walking the talk on Centre - State relationship

5 posters

Go down

Modi is walking the talk on Centre - State relationship Empty Modi is walking the talk on Centre - State relationship

Post by rawemotions Mon May 19, 2014 8:05 am

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/will-befriend-modi-no-confrontation-with-chandrababu-naidu-trs/articleshow/35342608.cms

He said Modi rang up Chandrasekhar Rao yesterday, congratulated him on TRS victory in Telangana and invited him to attend his swearing in ceremony. 

"We are thinking about it (whether to attend the ceremony." 

>>How many times has a PM designate in our country directly called up a state CM 
designate to attend swearing in ceremony?
>> These idiots says they are thinking about it. I hope they don't attend, because looking at the way things are going, Telangana could suffer because of the arrogance of these jokers. Their arrogance will be their undoing.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Modi is walking the talk on Centre - State relationship Empty Re: Modi is walking the talk on Centre - State relationship

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon May 19, 2014 8:17 am

KD Rama Rao (KCR's son) was actually using the call from Modi for his own political games. He was saying that TRS will cooperate with Modi in Delhi and would want Modi to give special status for Telangana and deal with "injustices" done by Andhrawalen!

I am sure, the KCR gang's main agenda is to siphon out the revenue that Hyderabad generates and swindle any money that the Center provides. This family will make Jagan look like a kid in the looting business.

Hopefully, Modi will cut this family to size and put Kavitakka in jail if she harasses business people for "protection" money.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Modi is walking the talk on Centre - State relationship Empty Re: Modi is walking the talk on Centre - State relationship

Post by indophile Mon May 19, 2014 9:02 am

I hear Modi is planning to reduce the size of the cabinet. Good move. Based on how things work out he might even try to freeze the size more or less.

I also saw some reports that TRS is worried about Hyderabad a great deal. They fear Naidu might pull a fast one and move it towards permanent combined capital or Union Territory. It may just be a ploy by Naidu to keep TRS from playing hookie with Modi.

I also hear Naidu is planning on a 3-area development for SA - Ports, industries and IT for North Andhra, Agricultural product processing and capital for Middle Andhra (Godavari, Krishna, Guntur), either move Movie industry to Rayalaseema (looks like Tirupati, or develop a parallel movie industry (with the one in Hyderabad intact), i.e., a classy movies industry, but leaving the commercial movies in Hyderabad. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 9:14 am

I am glad the SAites elected wisely. Glad that CBN will be the CM, not Jagan. I hope to see overall development in the state and i hope the bifurcation of the state proves beneficial to them in the long run.

As for T, all the development done with the efforts and resources of all may well go down the drain with the looter KCR family at the helm. As for Hyderabad, T may have got it, but it also got the other nuisance along with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 19, 2014 9:18 am

when americans speak of reducing size of govt, they usually mean reducing bureaucracy, not eliminating portfolios and consolidating absolute power under one guy. what modi wants to do is not reducing govt, but consolidating power.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon May 19, 2014 9:28 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:when americans speak of reducing size of govt, they usually mean reducing bureaucracy, not eliminating portfolios and consolidating absolute power under one guy. what modi wants to do is not reducing govt, but consolidating power.
Did you mean to start a new thread  ? Because this does not come under centre-state relationship NOR does it relate to TRS/Telangana.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 19, 2014 9:29 am

rawemotions wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:when americans speak of reducing size of govt, they usually mean reducing bureaucracy, not eliminating portfolios and consolidating absolute power under one guy. what modi wants to do is not reducing govt, but consolidating power.
Did you mean to start a new thread  ? Because this does not come under centre-state relationship NOR does it relate to TRS/Telangana.

i was responding to the first sentence of indo's post.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 19, 2014 9:35 am

indophile wrote:I hear Modi is planning to reduce the size of the cabinet. Good move. Based on how things work out he might even try to freeze the size more or less.
What! he is going to keep home, defense, finance & external affairs to himself....

indophile wrote:
I also saw some reports that TRS is worried about Hyderabad a great deal. They fear Naidu might pull a fast one and move it towards permanent combined capital or Union Territory. It may just be a ploy by Naidu to keep TRS from playing hookie with Modi.
I also hear Naidu is planning on a 3-area development for SA - Ports, industries and IT for North Andhra, Agricultural product processing and capital for Middle Andhra (Godavari, Krishna, Guntur), either move Movie industry to Rayalaseema (looks like Tirupati, or develop a parallel movie industry (with the one in Hyderabad intact), i.e., a classy movies industry, but leaving the commercial movies in Hyderabad. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.
I'm not sure if Andhras voted for that. I'm afraid they're eagerly looking forward for Andhra Sinhapuri.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon May 19, 2014 9:35 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

In that case, including the quotations are useful to understand the context.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon May 19, 2014 9:37 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

In the U.S the size of the cabinet has been pretty stable for a long time (Homeland Security was added as the last Cabinet dept), and the bureaucracy has been cut or expanded (less cut and more expanded) over the years. In India, these coalition governments have been adding cabinet posts, ministers of state posts, and deputy minister posts to please their coalition partners (i.e., provide opportunities to loot the exchequer), but not out of work necessity. That should stop now that Modi doesn't head a coalition govt.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon May 19, 2014 9:38 am

indophile wrote:I hear Modi is planning to reduce the size of the cabinet. Good move. Based on how things work out he might even try to freeze the size more or less.

CBN has a tough job at hand. Well extremely glad that YSRC did not win Tirupati. Otherwise, allegedly, Tirupati could have been radically transformed for the worst.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 am

rawemotions wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

Hahaha I see that Modi style model governance is being put in place; demanding as to what kind of responses should be posted in a particular thread. Glad Raw is not the admin or a sidekick of the admin.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon May 19, 2014 9:56 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

Hahaha I see that Modi style model governance is being put in place; demanding as to what kind of responses should be posted in a particular thread. Glad Raw is not the admin or a sidekick of the admin.
Only a complete dick head would twist my suggestion as a demand and get personal on this trivial issue. This is basic social messaging etiquette and Max has been known to follow that. May be today he forgot. It was very simple, I had not read Indo's post. When two three posts happen one after another, you start reading from the latest post.  It is very likely to happen with anybody here. There is no requirement that every person reads every message in a thread in the same order, because the system directly takes you to the latest thread.. When you start reading from some point, you use the quotations to track the genesis of the thread.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 19, 2014 10:53 am

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Only a complete dick head would twist my suggestion as a demand and get personal on this trivial issue. This is basic social messaging etiquette and Max has been known to follow that. May be today he forgot. It was very simple, I had not read Indo's post. When two three posts happen one after another, you start reading from the latest post.  It is very likely to happen with anybody here. There is no requirement that every person reads every message in a thread in the same order, because the system directly takes you to the latest thread.. When you start reading from some point, you use the quotations to track the genesis of the thread.
It wasn't a trivial issue to you else you wouldn't have bothered enforcing TsuNaMo laws Razz folks do that all the time on SuCH responding with posts that are not relevant to the OP.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down