Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll be damned

Go down

I'll be damned Empty I'll be damned

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 20, 2014 10:36 pm

https://www.gop.com/act/susana-martinez-republican-t-shirts

Growing up, I never imagined a girl from a border town could one day become a governor. But this is America – and anything is possible.

When I was 18 years old, my parents built a business from the ground up – with no savings and with me as the only employee. But my parents took the risk and grew that small business from one employee in one state to more than 125 employees in three states.

My parents, like yours, believed in the American Dream. They taught me to never give up and to always believe that my future could be whatever I dreamt it to be.

Despite what the Washington liberals and media elite want us to believe, success is not built on resentment and fear. Success, my parents taught us, is built on the foundation of courage, hard work and individual responsibility.

This is the crux of the American Dream. This is the core belief the Republican Party is fighting to protect. And this is why more and more people are joining the Republican Party every day.

As the nation’s first and only Hispanic woman elected governor, I am especially proud to share my story of how I became a Republican.
And I was grateful to have an opportunity to do so when I spoke at the 2012 Republican National Convention.

I can still remember the exact moment when I realized I was a Republican. Before I ran for District Attorney nearly two decades ago, my husband and I met with some friends to talk about the issues at hand. At the time, I was a Democrat.

But in our discussion we never used the words "Republican" or "Democrat," "conservative" or "liberal." We just talked about the issues plaguing our community and country – from welfare (is it a hand out or a hand up?) to the size of government (how much should it tax families and small businesses?).

When we left that meeting, I turned to my husband and said, “I’ll be damned, we’re Republicans!” And I know there are many of you who feel the same way.

That’s why my team created a t-shirt that says, “I’ll be damned, I’m a Republican.” And I want you to be the first to get one.

As I continue to move New Mexico forward, I also look forward to helping others realize that being a Republican is exactly what we need to make America the best it can be.

Get your “I’ll be damned, I’m a Republican” t-shirt by contributing $29 to the GOP today.

Thank you,

Susana Martinez
Governor of New Mexico
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down