Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how big is the global stock market

2 posters

Go down

how big is the global stock market Empty how big is the global stock market

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 23, 2014 9:23 am

total valuation of various stock markets. US stock market valuation by itself is 4 times the size of all emerging market valuations put together (china and india included)

how big is the global stock market Screen-Shot-2014-05-20-at-5.07.20-AM

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

how big is the global stock market Empty Re: how big is the global stock market

Post by b_A Fri May 23, 2014 9:39 am

On a side note :
Some of the cool kid momentum stocks which got decimated in the last two months are starting to show signs of bottoming and turning around. Lots of my alert signals (like DDD ,YY,QIHU etc) getting triggered in the last two days. I think it is a good time for traders to take small positions with stops just below the recent lows.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 23, 2014 9:44 am

b_A wrote:On a side note :
Some of the cool kid momentum stocks which got decimated in the last two months are starting to show signs of bottoming and turning around. Lots of my alert signals (like DDD ,YY,QIHU etc) getting triggered in the last two days.  I think it is a good time for traders to take small positions with stops just below the recent lows.

you dont think those momos are broken decisively? why wade into them during summer with all the risks?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri May 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Some of the cool kid momentum stocks which got decimated in the last two months are starting to show signs of bottoming and turning around. Lots of my alert signals (like DDD ,YY,QIHU etc) getting triggered in the last two days.  I think it is a good time for traders to take small positions with stops just below the recent lows.

you dont think those momos are broken decisively? why wade into them during summer with all the risks?

At this point , I am just looking for them to bounce , so they are good enough for a trade.
The bounce may fizzle out ( that's why stops are important) , or may turn into something big in which case one can add more. It's a question of risk vs reward thing and right now the reward appears to be a good multiple of risk.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:49 am

Some of the cool kid momentum stocks which got decimated in the last two months are starting to show signs of bottoming and turning around. Lots of my alert signals (like DDD ,YY,QIHU etc) getting triggered in the last two days. I think it is a good time for traders to take small positions with stops just below the recent lows.

The cool kid stocks are back and how? NFLX , TSLA , the 3D stocks etc etc . Only complaint is that I get very busy when the momentum stocks get their mojo and I would rathem spend my time watching and trading them rather than the pointless timepass discussions on SuCH.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:07 pm

b_A wrote:

The cool kid stocks are back and how?  NFLX , TSLA , the 3D stocks  etc etc . Only complaint is that I get very busy when the momentum stocks get their mojo and I would rathem spend my time watching and trading them rather than the pointless timepass discussions on SuCH.

they're getting real frothy indeed in the momos. atleast the 3d printing ones appear to be short covering today in a big way. this is looking more and more insane by the day. am not buying anything, will wait for a 15% drop

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
b_A wrote:

The cool kid stocks are back and how?  NFLX , TSLA , the 3D stocks  etc etc . Only complaint is that I get very busy when the momentum stocks get their mojo and I would rathem spend my time watching and trading them rather than the pointless timepass discussions on SuCH.

they're getting real frothy indeed in the momos. atleast the 3d printing ones appear to be short covering today in a big way. this is looking more and more insane by the day. am not buying anything, will wait for a 15% drop
yes , they are putting a short term top today. I sold the recently bought calls in DDD,XONE . But today's action tells me that they will be back in action after some retracement. I will be watching them closely.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:48 am

b_A wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
b_A wrote:

yes , they are putting a short term top today. I sold the recently bought calls in DDD,XONE . But today's action tells me that they will be back in action after some retracement. I will be watching them closely.

rumors are DDD might be looking to acquire again, which is why XONE and that german scampany VJET went up big time. I am staying away, should try and play the momentum but am scared. shoulda bought DDD back in 40s but was distracted with work and other fun things.

bought some weyerhauser today. 

but this action looks like it's going to start sucking in retail investors, maybe the rally has legs before things start ending badly...I mean its only been 1000 days since the last 10% correction which is unprecedented.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down