Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now I can sleep better.

4 posters

Go down

Now I can sleep better. Empty Now I can sleep better.

Post by Rishi Sat May 24, 2014 3:47 am

http://www.firstpost.com/world/pakistan-pm-nawaz-sharif-to-attend-modis-swearing-in-1540263.html

>>Why all this angst about whether this fellow is attending Modi's  swearing-in or not?

What is this need for acceptance from your neighbors?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Now I can sleep better. Empty Re: Now I can sleep better.

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 10:44 am

That's very good. +1 to Nawaz Shariff for accepting the invitation. +2 to Modi for offering the invitation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat May 24, 2014 11:03 am

Kinnera wrote:That's very good. +1 to Nawaz Shariff for accepting the invitation. +2 to Modi for offering the invitation.

Yeah, its a good initiative. Only, as with Vajpayee's overtures, these too are doomed to fail because Sharif has no control on the ISI or its terrorist allies.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 11:14 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:That's very good. +1 to Nawaz Shariff for accepting the invitation. +2 to Modi for offering the invitation.

Yeah, its a good initiative. Only, as with Vajpayee's overtures, these too are doomed to fail because Sharif has no control on the ISI or its terrorist allies.
At least he's optimistic and he's trying despite the resistance in his country. Got to appreciate that. Who knows! Things could get better between the two countries. B+.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat May 24, 2014 11:21 am

Kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

At least he's optimistic and he's trying despite the resistance in his country. Got to appreciate that. Who knows! Things could get better between the two countries. B+.
Problem is, each time someone attempts to play statesman, terrorists strike in India. I don't see why innocent civilians in India should pay the price for somebody's Nobel Peace Prize aspirations.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Problem is, each time someone attempts to play statesman, terrorists strike in India. I don't see why innocent civilians in India should pay the price for somebody's Nobel Peace Prize aspirations.
The conclusion:

If Modi tries to work towards better bilateral ties with Pakistan, he is doing it only to fulfill his aspirations for the Nobel Peace Prize. Modi shouldn't be working to improve ties with Pakistan.

Any attempt to bring peace to the region should be discarded as it could instigate terrorists' strike in India. So no such attempts should be made.

Any talk about beefing up the intelligence and internal security because of imminent threat of the terrorists to India is ridiculed as unwarranted paranoia. So India should be lax and not be vigilant about any terrorists' strikes.

Modi is wrong for whatever he does. Modi is wrong for whatever doesn't do. Modi can never be right. Everyone should be pessimistic, cynical and negative and wait for the doom's day to dawn on India.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

The conclusion:

If Modi tries to work towards better bilateral ties with Pakistan, he is doing it only to fulfill his aspirations for the Nobel Peace Prize. Modi shouldn't be working to improve ties with Pakistan.

Any attempt to bring peace to the region should be discarded as it could instigate terrorists' strike in India. So no such attempts should be made.

Any talk about beefing up the intelligence and internal security because of imminent threat of the terrorists to India is ridiculed as unwarranted paranoia. So India should be lax and not be vigilant about any terrorists' strikes.

Modi is wrong for whatever he does. Modi is wrong for whatever doesn't do. Modi can never be right. Everyone should be pessimistic, cynical and negative and wait for the doom's day to dawn on India.
Kinnera,

Have you heard of the telugu saying "Ramayanamlo pidakala veta" .   Indo or someone could find something similar in english.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat May 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

The conclusion:

Kinny, I was equally against MMS' hankering for peace talks with our neighbor. And for the same reason. And at that time, I recall that all of you admirers of statesmanship were equally dead set against talking to that Dawood-protecting state sponsor of cross border terrorism...I'm talking of less than two years ago. What changed to make you so optimistic, positive and non-cynical now? Did Pak extradite all those wanted guys? Were the 26/11 masterminds jailed? Tell na.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinny, I was equally against MMS' hankering for peace talks with our neighbor. And for the same reason. And at that time, I recall that all of you admirers of statesmanship were equally dead set against talking to that Dawood-protecting state sponsor of cross border terrorism...I'm talking of less than two years ago. What changed to make you so optimistic, positive and non-cynical now? Did Pak extradite all those wanted guys? Were the 26/11 masterminds jailed? Tell na.
The atrocities of the Pak army happened right under the nose of MMS. Instead of taking a tough stand, he can't go kiss their butts. Not good for India's image or to the bilateral ties (they do look down upon us as some kind of weaklings).

The scenario is different now. Modi is starting on a fresh slate. India is giving Pak a chance and a fresh start in the bilateral relationship. Well, if the pak  is going to resort to its atrocities even under Modi's nose in future, we can't expect him to go 'hindustan-pakistan bhai bhai'. He got to take a tough stand. My opinion is going to change then.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 25, 2014 7:49 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Kinny, I was equally against MMS' hankering for peace talks with our neighbor. And for the same reason. And at that time, I recall that all of you admirers of statesmanship were equally dead set against talking to that Dawood-protecting state sponsor of cross border terrorism...I'm talking of less than two years ago. What changed to make you so optimistic, positive and non-cynical now? Did Pak extradite all those wanted guys? Were the 26/11 masterminds jailed? Tell na.
Merlot, stop whining and accept the fact that India got her first true PM who could pull a Rambo need be. Being a nice dude with big 56'' heart he is willing to give them baddies a chance first. Modi knows exactly what he is doing he has blueprint for Akhand Bharat so don't be bitter & take it easy, all will be well before you know.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun May 25, 2014 8:46 am

Cd
Your efforts to cope with the tragedy through artificial humor is amusing. Keep trying. Time heals everything.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 25, 2014 9:36 am

truthbetold wrote:Cd
Your efforts to cope with the tragedy through artificial humor is amusing. Keep trying. Time heals everything.
Is it a chaddi trait to dole out free advice when they don't have much to offer. Chaddis won after a long drought that too due to the self-destruction of ruling party and no end their gloating; I have no problem with gloating but the compulsion to offer free advice is quite entertaining

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun May 25, 2014 9:51 am

Cd
I cannot answer chaddis.
On the other hand you still seem to have a very thin skin. Keep trying. As I said recently. Give it some time.

On another note:
why did spy subba reddy jump ship? He does not gain anything. Tdp gains are marginal. Is he related to shoba nagi. Reddy? Her family was in tdp for a while.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun May 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Just coincidence?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun May 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Just coincidence?
????

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down