Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Separate Vacations

+9
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
harharmahadev
Impedimenta
MaxEntropy_Man
Merlot Daruwala
seven
Maria S
swapna
gone
13 posters

Go down

Separate Vacations  Empty Separate Vacations

Post by gone Mon May 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Why do separate vacations make people suspect that a couple has separated, if not divorced?

For instance, this past weekend, I went to a beach resort with two women. One of them is divorced and the other came without her husband, just like I did. Her husband is a doc too. Both of our husbands were on call.

We ran into a nutjob who asked me if I was still married. How rude! I started waving my hand in front of her face, so she could see my huge rock. Then, she asked if I was married but separated. I told her my husband was on call. Then she asked "weren't you in Europe last summer without your husband?" I said "he was training for a marathon, so he couldn't come to Europe with me last year but we did do Turkey together this year."

Why do people assume that couples who don't vacation together have separated?

gone

Back to top Go down

Separate Vacations  Empty Re: Separate Vacations

Post by swapna Mon May 26, 2014 4:41 pm

mainstreet wrote:Why do separate vacations make people suspect that a couple has separated, if not divorced?

For instance, this past weekend, I went to a beach resort with two women.  One of them is divorced and the other came without her husband, just like I did.  Her husband is a doc too.  Both of our husbands were on call.

We ran into a nutjob who asked me if I was still married.  How rude!  I started waving my hand in front of her face, so she could see my huge rock.  Then, she asked if I was married but separated.  I told her my husband was on call.  Then she asked "weren't you in Europe last summer without your husband?" I said "he was training for a marathon, so he couldn't come to Europe with me last year but we did do Turkey together this year."

Why did you answer all those intrusive questions?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon May 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Hello MS!

Was about to leave, nice to see you around.  I miss Tracy's lively snapshots about relationships. This place can use some simple melodrama..good storytelling about life.

Assumptions are assumptions..not everyone is good, when it comes to the art of conversation..they have to say/ask something to have a conversation! 

Hope you had a good time! 
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon May 26, 2014 6:34 pm

I have a problem with everyone that I once socialized with (before we moved to this craphole) assuming that we're divorced. Who went around spreading these rumors about my "divorce?"

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon May 26, 2014 6:57 pm

your problem is that you lack self-esteem since you are constantly seeking other people's validation and approval.

wearing and waving a huge rock at others is a sure sign of that.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon May 26, 2014 7:20 pm

I have problems? Heck no! She's the one who's seriously messed up, which makes me think I need to start another post about her.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon May 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Misleading subject line. I thought you went on vacations to different places. Like you to Europe n he to Hawaii. When you do that, people naturally think something is wrong. 
When one person is working n another is vacationing, which btw is very common, my h4 friends go to India for 3 months at a stretch smtimes. Then no one thinks husband wife are separated.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon May 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Yes, that too. I was in Europe last summer while my husband was running a marathon. I did not want to watch him run a marathon, so I went to Europe.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Maria S wrote:Was about to leave, nice to see you around.  I miss Tracy's lively snapshots about relationships. This place can use some simple melodrama..good storytelling about life.

Translation: This place needs less politics. More cheap gossip. Come on girls, out with it.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 26, 2014 9:21 pm

mainstreet wrote:Yes, that too.  I was in Europe last summer while my husband was running a marathon.  I did not want to watch him run a marathon, so I went to Europe.

Did you husband run the marathon on the threadmill at home? If yes, you could have gone out for a movie, restaurant, walk or something if you didn't want to watch him. If was running the marathon outside, you could have stayed at home. Why did you have to go to Europe if you didn't want to watch him run a marathon?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon May 26, 2014 9:26 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
Maria S wrote:Was about to leave, nice to see you around.  I miss Tracy's lively snapshots about relationships. This place can use some simple melodrama..good storytelling about life.

Translation: This place needs less politics. More cheap gossip. Come on girls, out with it.
I am the only girl here, but I don't gossip with anyone but Jai.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 26, 2014 9:26 pm

seven wrote:Misleading subject line. I thought you went on vacations to different places. Like you to Europe n he to Hawaii. When you do that, people naturally think something is wrong. 
When one person is working n another is vacationing, which btw is very common, my h4 friends go to India for 3 months at a stretch smtimes. Then no one thinks husband wife are separated.

Shaven - there is a big difference between a H4 going to India and sitting in her maika for 3 months, and our mainstreet wearing a bathing suit and being surrounded by older men at a beach. The latter, in all cultures, will result in questions about relationship status as well as working status plus the trading preference - barter only or cash only or barter + cash.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 26, 2014 9:32 pm

swapna wrote:
mainstreet wrote:Why do separate vacations make people suspect that a couple has separated, if not divorced?

For instance, this past weekend, I went to a beach resort with two women.  One of them is divorced and the other came without her husband, just like I did.  Her husband is a doc too.  Both of our husbands were on call.

We ran into a nutjob who asked me if I was still married.  How rude!  I started waving my hand in front of her face, so she could see my huge rock.  Then, she asked if I was married but separated.  I told her my husband was on call.  Then she asked "weren't you in Europe last summer without your husband?" I said "he was training for a marathon, so he couldn't come to Europe with me last year but we did do Turkey together this year."

Why did you answer all those intrusive questions?

Isn't that obvious? So that she could post the answers here!  cyclops  If this was Facebook, her post would have been accompanied by a pic of that "huge rock".

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon May 26, 2014 9:59 pm

I have already watched my husband finish more than one marathon. The last thing I want to do is travel to another state to stand by a finish line for four hours to watch him cross it. There were older men at the resort with their wives and kids. Duh!

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 26, 2014 10:54 pm

That poses an intriguing question - why were you on a trip with families of older men and women, and not your own age group of breeders and non-breeders? Was it a family trip with your extended large family of Gujju relatives, and you are just too ashamed to admit it's a family trip? You don't have many friends of your own age group with whom you can go on trips?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon May 26, 2014 11:16 pm

So retarded! The point I was trying to make is that this wasn't some Girls Gone Wild type of beach resort. It was akin to the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons and we were paying more than $500 a night for our 3-bedroom suite. It was full of very polished older mature people. You wouldn't have fit in there because you're nowhere near polished.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon May 26, 2014 11:20 pm

Let me add that it was $500 per night per person.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 27, 2014 1:05 am

Did your bathing suit look like this? That might explain the repeated questions about your separation / divorce that no rock is going to dissuade:

Separate Vacations  Leopard%252Bbikini
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue May 27, 2014 1:21 am

There's nothing wrong with a two-piece animal print. You, however, might want to give up your 21st century enlightened and progressive man card and join the Taliban pronto.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 27, 2014 1:52 am

mainstreet wrote:There's nothing wrong with a two-piece animal print.  You, however, might want to give up your 21st century enlightened and progressive man card and join the Taliban pronto.

Haha..there's no point calling me names. I'm just trying to help you understand why folks you meet repeatedly assume you are separated / divorced.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue May 27, 2014 1:56 am

You'll fit in beautifully with those mullahs.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 27, 2014 4:07 am

mainstreet wrote:You'll fit in beautifully with those mullahs.

Ok, I give up. So it was not your clothes or behavior. Then what?

What is your best theory why random acquaintances you meet keep asking you pointedly if you are still married, despite that large rock on display?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue May 27, 2014 5:33 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
mainstreet wrote:You'll fit in beautifully with those mullahs.

Ok, I give up. So it was not your clothes or behavior. Then what?

What is your best theory why random acquaintances you meet keep asking you pointedly if you are still married, despite that large rock on display?

my theory is this.

the rock that MS thinks is large just isn't large enough to confirm a happily married woman at these exclusive $500 per person, per night places. in fact, it is so small that no self-respecting woman would have stuck to a loser, el cheapo dud who bought such a small rock. obviously, the men there assume she is separated - they are not used to women who can be content with such tiny rocks.

MS, i think you simply don't belong there.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 27, 2014 6:15 am

and it is well known that the size of the rocks men give their women is proportional to the size of their (insert word that rhymes with rocks here). since MS has a smallish rock, they assume they can impress her with bigger rocks, i mean (insert word that rhymes with rocks here).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 27, 2014 6:30 am

hello MS,
In this aforementioned vacation, what was for breakfast, lunch and dinner? 

Also, just an observation that i also take several days to run a marathon, just like your husband.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 27, 2014 6:56 am

Impedimenta wrote:Also, just an observation that i also take several days to run a marathon, just like your husband.

Bwahahaha...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 27, 2014 7:00 am

Impedimenta wrote:hello MS,
In this aforementioned vacation, what was for breakfast, lunch and dinner? 

Also, just an observation that i also take several days to run a marathon, just like your husband.

LOL!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Tue May 27, 2014 9:15 am

Maybe because you were twerking the bartender.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue May 27, 2014 10:56 am

harharmahadev wrote:

It's an educational experience to watch grown indian men and women crawl out of the woodwork to attack MS only because they think that she's down. They're circling because they smell blood. Are you enjoying yourself, Mr Drinkman?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue May 27, 2014 11:13 am

Silly, silly theories. I would never be able to twerk to save my life. Men have no interest in the size of women's diamonds. It's women who notice other women's diamonds. Re-read this thread. I clearly stated my husband takes 4 hours, give or take 15 minutes to run a marathon. He did get this idiotic notion to run an ultra marathon once but his mom talked him out of it. Now, that would have taken days. Continental breakfast, grouper, lobster, crab, calamari for lunch and dinner.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 27, 2014 11:16 am

swapna wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:

It's an educational experience to watch grown indian men and women crawl out of the woodwork to attack MS only because they think that she's down. They're circling because they smell blood. Are you enjoying yourself, Mr Drinkman?

Haha..Unkil, nobody's down here. MS is a bored housewife who revels in the attention she gets here. We are indulging her. Just like we indulge you.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Separate Vacations  Empty Did you freeload on your relatives' trip?

Post by SomeProfile Tue May 27, 2014 3:17 pm

mainstreet wrote:So retarded!  The point I was trying to make is that this wasn't some Girls Gone Wild type of beach resort.  It was akin to the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons and we were paying more than $500 a night for our 3-bedroom suite.  It was full of very polished older mature people.  You wouldn't have fit in there because you're nowhere near polished.

Once again, you provide all kinds of frivolous details in order to avoid my main question. Why were you surrounded by "older mature people" and not by people of your own age? It was a family trip wasn't it? And ALL the trip expenses were paid for by mummy and daddy, right? Right? The choice was between paying your own way to your hujband's marathon, or freeloading on your family & relatives' all expenses paid trip. As you usually do, you decided to freeload, right? Right? I am willing to bet anything you want, if you can prove that you paid for your share of the trip expenses.

PS: What were the sleeping arrangements? Did you have to share a bed with mummy and daddy, like you used to do when you were a kid?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue May 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Ugh! My parents have no interest whatsoever in paying $500 a day (per person) to sit on a beach all day in a bathing suit to become a bronze colored goddess. They avoid the sun and do boring things like temple and socializing with temple friends.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Tue May 27, 2014 3:31 pm

mainstreet wrote:Ugh!  My parents have no interest whatsoever in paying $500 a day (per person) to sit on a beach all day in a bathing suit to become a bronze colored goddess.  They avoid the sun and do boring things like temple and socializing with temple friends.

I got a boner imagining you sun bathing in a bikini and becoming a bronze colored goddess. Please post pic.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue May 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
swapna wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:

Haha..Unkil, nobody's down here. MS is a bored housewife who revels in the attention she gets here. We are indulging her. Just like we indulge you.

dear ms-ji, are you down and out? if so, why?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue May 27, 2014 5:55 pm

mainstreet wrote:Silly, silly theories.  I would never be able to twerk to save my life.  Men have no interest in the size of women's diamonds.  It's women who notice other women's diamonds.  Re-read this thread.  I clearly stated my husband takes 4 hours, give or take 15 minutes to run a marathon.  He did get this idiotic notion to run an ultra marathon once but his mom talked him out of it.  Now, that would have taken days.  Continental breakfast, grouper, lobster, crab, calamari for lunch and dinner.

"The next time you look at a diamond, consider this. Nearly every American marriage begins with a diamond because a bunch of rich white men in the 1940s convinced everyone that its size determines your self worth. They created this convention - that unless a man purchases (an intrinsically useless) diamond, his life is a failure - while sitting in a room, racking their brains on how to sell diamonds that no one wanted.

With this insight, they began marketing diamonds as a symbol of status and love:Movie idols, the paragons of romance for the mass audience, would be given diamonds to use as their symbols of indestructible love. In addition, the agency suggested offering stories and society photographs to selected magazines and newspapers which would reinforce the link between diamonds and romance. Stories would stress the size of diamonds that celebrities presented to their loved ones, and photographs would conspicuously show the glittering stone on the hand of a well-known woman.

Fashion designers would talk on radio programs about the “trend towards diamonds” that Ayer planned to start. The Ayer plan also envisioned using the British royal family to help foster the romantic allure of diamonds."

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-diamonds-are-a-sham-2013-3

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 27, 2014 6:01 pm

bw wrote:
mainstreet wrote:Silly, silly theories.  I would never be able to twerk to save my life.  Men have no interest in the size of women's diamonds.  It's women who notice other women's diamonds.  Re-read this thread.  I clearly stated my husband takes 4 hours, give or take 15 minutes to run a marathon.  He did get this idiotic notion to run an ultra marathon once but his mom talked him out of it.  Now, that would have taken days.  Continental breakfast, grouper, lobster, crab, calamari for lunch and dinner.

"The next time you look at a diamond, consider this. Nearly every American marriage begins with a diamond because a bunch of rich white men in the 1940s convinced everyone that its size determines your self worth. They created this convention - that unless a man purchases (an intrinsically useless) diamond, his life is a failure - while sitting in a room, racking their brains on how to sell diamonds that no one wanted.

With this insight, they began marketing diamonds as a symbol of status and love:Movie idols, the paragons of romance for the mass audience, would be given diamonds to use as their symbols of indestructible love. In addition, the agency suggested offering stories and society photographs to selected magazines and newspapers which would reinforce the link between diamonds and romance. Stories would stress the size of diamonds that celebrities presented to their loved ones, and photographs would conspicuously show the glittering stone on the hand of a well-known woman.

Fashion designers would talk on radio programs about the “trend towards diamonds” that Ayer planned to start. The Ayer plan also envisioned using the British royal family to help foster the romantic allure of diamonds."

+1
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 27, 2014 6:03 pm

bw wrote:

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue May 27, 2014 11:06 pm

harharmahadev wrote:
mainstreet wrote:Ugh!  My parents have no interest whatsoever in paying $500 a day (per person) to sit on a beach all day in a bathing suit to become a bronze colored goddess.  They avoid the sun and do boring things like temple and socializing with temple friends.

I got a boner imagining you sun bathing in a bikini and becoming a bronze colored goddess.  Please post pic.

God no! Be careful what you ask for... I suspect that mainstreet is fugly! Butterface for sure, but don't have much hopes for her figure either. Hence, all the constant attention-whoring.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue May 27, 2014 11:09 pm

You continue to give frivolous details in order to avoid answering two of my questions:

1. Why were you surrounded by older people and not people of your own age? Were these older people your in-laws? And/or other family members?

2. You didn't pay for the trip, right? Someone else paid for it, correct?

Your constant avoidance of both questions suggests that the answer to both questions is a big YES! I understand why you posted these threads about the trip - you had to re-work your traumatic memory of a bed shared with multiple in-laws into something more suitable for your attention-whoring personality. Posting imaginary stories online is your way of making new memories. Correct?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 28, 2014 12:01 am

In the meantime, the husband Doctor of MS is laughing off at his increadible smartness - while boinking nurses and at the same time making his wife she is having a great time at some beach resort.

One day 2 black kids of a breeder will knock MS home looking for their Daddy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 28, 2014 7:35 am

MS, don't pay attention to these "dream squashers" here with their wisdom and "lame" BI articles written by men who probably could not afford diamonds.

I am telling you that diamonds are your best friend.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 28, 2014 7:51 am

Main Street is now gone.

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed May 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Did my persistent questions cause her to be gone?  Question 

I actually had some follow up questions on why she is laboring as a chicken-and-dog farmer in Bumfuck, Middle America instead of living it up in a coastal metropolis. Were both she nor her husband not good enough to land a job in a nice coastal city? Or, for that matter, in a nice inland city? Considering that even barely educated poor people from third world countries manage to get jobs in any nice city in the US, it's quite surprising!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed May 28, 2014 4:41 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Did my persistent questions cause her to be gone?  Question 

Probably. I don't why you guys drive out all the entertaining handles. Wink
Now , there will be nothing but political discussions on SuCH. We need some relief from serious discussions and with Tracy and MS gone , who will start the lighthearted topics ?
We have to be content with some comedy provided by Rashmun.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 28, 2014 8:37 pm

Impedimenta wrote:MS, don't pay attention to these "dream squashers" here with their wisdom and "lame" BI articles written by men who probably could not afford diamonds.

I am telling you that diamonds are your best friend.

Hmm.
https://such.forumotion.com/t13665-don-t-like-diamonds-anyway
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed May 28, 2014 9:03 pm

MS is gone, gone gone? this persona was the best, please bring it back, will ya? the other two are not so much fun.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed May 28, 2014 9:36 pm

bw wrote:

MS is gone, gone gone? this persona was the best, please bring it back, will ya? the other two are not so much fun.

Other two ? I am aware of only one.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed May 28, 2014 9:48 pm

b_A wrote:
bw wrote:

Other two ? I am aware of only one.

read the thread "jealous breeders" carefully. there was a slip.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down