Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Govt moves to hike defence FDI up to 100%

2 posters

Go down

Govt moves to hike defence FDI up to 100% Empty Govt moves to hike defence FDI up to 100%

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 29, 2014 10:28 pm

Hmm.. no cap, is it really worth it in defense sector. I thought BJP opposed the hike at one point.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Govt moves to hike defence FDI up to 100% Empty Re: Govt moves to hike defence FDI up to 100%

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 31, 2014 10:10 pm

FDI in Defence: Wrong Diagnosis, Wrong Remedy:

"FDI in the defence sector, with lower or higher caps, will not result in the massive inflow of investments as are being touted. Nor will it bring in advanced technologies. These would happen, if at all, only if and when India fully surrenders the domestic defence manufacturing space to international defence conglomerates who will then, of course, retain their monopoly over advanced technologies. And with this will disappear even the smallest hopes of enhancing the capabilities of the domestic defence sector in manufacturing, not to speak of design and development which will become a futile dream."

http://newsclick.in/india/fdi-defence-wrong-diagnosis-wrong-remedy

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Govt moves to hike defence FDI up to 100% Empty Re: Govt moves to hike defence FDI up to 100%

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 31, 2014 10:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Hmm.. no cap, is it really worth it in defense sector. I thought BJP opposed the hike at one point.

This is not very good. I hope they are allowed only selectively.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down