Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being a Hindu vs Being a Chaddi: A Hindu explains why he stopped being a Chaddi

Go down

Being a Hindu vs Being a Chaddi: A Hindu explains why he stopped being a Chaddi Empty Being a Hindu vs Being a Chaddi: A Hindu explains why he stopped being a Chaddi

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:41 am

When I began to work as a journalist, in 2006, it was critical that my reporting not be infused with any ideological biases, and thus, my strong overarching convictions were replaced with a preference for examining specific ideas and events. In 2008, when I helped organise a history session at an RSS-related seminar, I faced marked hostility for some of my views—such as my rejection of the idea that ancient Hindu civilisations had made advances in fields like nuclear technology and were scientifically superior to modern societies.

That seminar was my last formal interaction with the Sangh.

After seven years as a journalist, I became a teacher of media and communication last year. Today, I consider myself to be neither left nor right. I don’t perform Hindu rituals, but, at the same time, I refuse to be fashionably anti-Hindu.

- See more at: http://www.caravanmagazine.in/vantage/why-i-left#sthash.3DN2bojK.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Being a Hindu vs Being a Chaddi: A Hindu explains why he stopped being a Chaddi Empty Re: Being a Hindu vs Being a Chaddi: A Hindu explains why he stopped being a Chaddi

Post by smArtha Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:18 am

Rashmun wrote:

- See more at: http://www.caravanmagazine.in/vantage/why-i-left#sthash.3DN2bojK.dpuf

Absolutely zero reasoning was given for his 'transformation'. To me it looks like he chose the path of opportunistic and situational convenience be it in college or now as career journalist. Nothing wrong with such choices but nothing great or extraordinary to be published and read about. Another average Joe choosing convenience over convention or conviction.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Being a Hindu vs Being a Chaddi: A Hindu explains why he stopped being a Chaddi Empty Re: Being a Hindu vs Being a Chaddi: A Hindu explains why he stopped being a Chaddi

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:21 am

smArtha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Absolutely zero reasoning was given for his 'transformation'. To me it looks like he chose the path of opportunistic and situational convenience be it in college or now as career journalist. Nothing wrong with such choices but nothing great or extraordinary to be published and read about. Another average Joe choosing convenience over convention or conviction.

isn't this sufficient reasoning:

In 2008, when I helped organise a history session at an RSS-related seminar, I faced marked hostility for some of my views—such as my rejection of the idea that ancient Hindu civilisations had made advances in fields like nuclear technology and were scientifically superior to modern societies.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:29 am

Rashmun wrote:

In 2008, when I helped organise a history session at an RSS-related seminar, I faced marked hostility for some of my views—such as my rejection of the idea that ancient Hindu civilisations had made advances in fields like nuclear technology and were scientifically superior to modern societies.

If our choices are based on our own conviction then we don't hold them because some others are holding the same views nor give them up because of others. And if one is comfortable with his choices then he'd have no issues interacting or even being associated with those holding completely opposite opinions or view points.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:42 am

smArtha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

If our choices are based on our own conviction then we don't hold them because some others are holding the same views nor give them up because of others. And if one is comfortable with his choices then he'd have no issues interacting or even being associated with those holding completely opposite opinions or view points.

he has stopped subscribing to the sanghi ideology when he came to know that sanghis are hostile to science and the scientific outlook which is displayed when the same sanghis claim that India had made advances in modern scientific fields like nuclear technology during the times of the Rig Veda. he has respect for hinduism but he does not believe in sanghi ideology since this ideology is anti-science. in this connection you may also wish to read this:

http://creative.sulekha.com/rig-veda-and-charvakas_325352_blog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down