Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman Who Stopped for Ducks Faces Life in Prison

3 posters

Go down

Woman Who Stopped for Ducks Faces Life in Prison Empty Woman Who Stopped for Ducks Faces Life in Prison

Post by nevada Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:01 pm

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. 
A Canadian woman who parked her car on a highway to help a group of ducklings on the side of the road was found guilty yesterday of causing the deaths of a motorcyclist and his passenger daughter who slammed into her car. Emma Czornobaj was convicted by a jury on two counts of criminal negligence causing death, a charge that carries a maximum life sentence, and two counts of dangerous driving causing death, which comes with a maximum of 14 years in jail. The 25-year-old was charged in the deaths of Andre Roy, 50, and his daughter Jessie, 16.
She wiped away tears when the verdict was delivered to a packed courtroom in Montreal. Quebec Superior Court Justice Eliane Perreault said the 12-member jury voted unanimously. Czornobaj was released until her pre-sentence hearing on Aug. 8. Roy's motorcycle slammed into Czornobaj's car, which was stopped in the left lane of a provincial highway south of Montreal in 2010. Czornobaj, a self-professed animal lover, told the court that she did not see the ducklings' mother anywhere and planned to capture them and take them home.

http://www.newser.com/story/188818/woman-who-stopped-for-ducks-faces-life-in-prison.html

nevada

Back to top Go down

Woman Who Stopped for Ducks Faces Life in Prison Empty Re: Woman Who Stopped for Ducks Faces Life in Prison

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:28 pm

nevada wrote:The road to hell is paved with good intentions. 
A Canadian woman who parked her car on a highway to help a group of ducklings on the side of the road was found guilty yesterday of...... told the court that she did not see the ducklings' mother anywhere and to capture them and take them home.planned

http://www.newser.com/story/188818/woman-who-stopped-for-ducks-faces-life-in-prison.html

More detailed report here:

During the trial, witness Martine Tessier testified that she saw Czornobaj on the left-hand side of the highway, bent over and motioning to some ducks....“I shouted to my [three] children: ‘What is she doing there? She’s going to get killed,’” Tessier said, adding that Czornobaj was standing on a portion of the highway not wide enough to be used as a shoulder. Tessier said she noticed that the parked car did not have its hazards on and the driver’s door was open. As she looked back in her rear-view mirror, Tessier said, she could see the back end of Czornobaj’s car lift up in the air.

This girl did a stupid thing parking it on the left lane (look at th epicture). Nice girl but as if often the case STUPID. She is lucky she did not get killed.

NOW, what was the rider doing following so close at that high speed? Secondly why could he move to the right lane. There appears to be plenty of space in the left lane to escape a collision.

Guess the more stupid got killed and the less stupid ends up in jail.

What I want to know and demand is "what happened to the ducklings?"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Woman Who Stopped for Ducks Faces Life in Prison Empty Re: Woman Who Stopped for Ducks Faces Life in Prison

Post by goodcitizn Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Upps, this reminds me. Back in 2005, my friend and I were in his car heading towards Kanchivaram. He was driving and suddenly a cyclist started crossing the road. He swerved to avoid him and ran over a rooster. He stopped to see if it was still alive when a bunch of villagers surrounded the car. One claimed it was his chicken and demanded 300 rupees. Coincidentally a constable was walking at a distance. My friend wanted to call him to settle the matter. Another villager promptly said in Tamil, "Policekaran vandha 500 roovaa aagum, lanjam ellam serthaal." (Meaning it would cost 500 rupees if the policeman got involved including the bribe). My friend quickly paid him the money and we left. Of course, we didn't want to stick around to find out if it was truly his bird or he was making use of the opportunity to earn some quick bucks to share with his buddies!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:48 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

Upps, this reminds me. Back in 2005, my friend and I were in his car heading towards Kanchivaram. He was driving and suddenly a cyclist started crossing the road. He swerved to avoid him and ran over a rooster. He stopped to see if it was still alive when a bunch of villagers surrounded the car. One claimed it was his chicken and demanded 300 rupees. Coincidentally a constable was walking at a distance. My friend wanted to call him to settle the matter. Another villager promptly said in Tamil, "Policekaran vandha 500 roovaa aagum, lanjam ellam serthaal." (Meaning it would cost 500 rupees if the policeman got involved including the bribe). My friend quickly paid him the money and we left. Of course, we didn't want to stick around to find out if it was truly his bird or he was making use of the opportunity to earn some quick bucks to share with his buddies!

If you hit a non-human on Indian roads - u just keep going.

If a human is hit, the bus and truck drivers are instructed to leave the vehicle at the spot and "escape" immediately to avoid anger and crowd justice. One reason to hire a car driver is for the owner to escape blame for any accident.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:54 am

If you hit a non-human on Indian roads - u just keep going.

If a human is hit, the bus and truck drivers are instructed to leave the vehicle at the spot and "escape" immediately to avoid anger and crowd justice.  One reason to hire a car driver is for the owner to escape blame for any accident. 
You haven't lost your touch, Uppster.   lol!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down