Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

india budget

5 posters

Go down

india budget Empty india budget

Post by truthbetold Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:27 pm

In the last week, Modi's govt presented its first budget. This is important as it sets the tone for modi's leadership for the Indian economy. 

Very few such posts. CD's bombastic declaration of modi govt's failure and imminent doom for Modi and rss make them funny but irrelevant.

My two cents. 

Budget is in modi's style.  He is giving the impression of quiet and serious task master.  His budget also is very workmanlike serious document.  It is difficult to say if allocations to various sectors or activities are right or inadequate.  He first goal is get the economy moving again and get the growth above 5.5. If economy starts showing signs of life, investments will come internally and externally.

They did OK for AP.  Pushing polavaram is big.  If modi could deliver polavaram in five, he will rank right up there with sir arthur cotton, and KL rao.

BJP will continue support for poverty improvement efforts.  But for other sections, his message seems to be, we work to create the opportunity and you work to take advantage of that and grow on your own. 

What do you think?

Is there an area of budget, Modi and jaitley failed to allocate appropriate funds? 

what do you expect stock market (sensex) to do in two or three months?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

india budget Empty Re: india budget

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:38 pm

truthbetold wrote:In the last week, Modi's govt presented its first budget. This is important as it sets the tone for modi's leadership for the Indian economy. 

Very few such posts. CD's bombastic declaration of modi govt's failure and imminent doom for Modi and rss make them funny but irrelevant.

My two cents. 

Budget is in modi's style.  He is giving the impression of quiet and serious task master.  His budget also is very workmanlike serious document.  It is difficult to say if allocations to various sectors or activities are right or inadequate.  He first goal is get the economy moving again and get the growth above 5.5. If economy starts showing signs of life, investments will come internally and externally.

They did OK for AP.  Pushing polavaram is big.  If modi could deliver polavaram in five, he will rank right up there with sir arthur cotton, and KL rao.

BJP will continue support for poverty improvement efforts.  But for other sections, his message seems to be, we work to create the opportunity and you work to take advantage of that and grow on your own. 

What do you think?

Is there an area of budget, Modi and jaitley failed to allocate appropriate funds? 

That in itself is an indication that Modi bhaktas are very disappointed with clueless Jaitley and one trick pony Modi

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:46 pm

CD

KCR is disappointed.  

Gurukul trust and ayyappa society puzzled me. Why did he do that?  Is he angry that city vote went against him?  is he trying to set up a future shakedown of some real estate barons? Some of his moves could make hyd unpalatable for new investors ( Prop suggested that could happen). 

Do you know anything beyond newspapers?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:47 am

truthbetold wrote:CD

KCR is disappointed.  

Gurukul trust and ayyappa society puzzled me. Why did he do that?  Is he angry that city vote went against him?  is he trying to set up a future shakedown of some real estate barons? Some of his moves could make hyd unpalatable for new investors ( Prop suggested that could happen). 

That's right! can't imagine Hyderabad's fate without any contribution from those big-hearted-visionary-businessmen, from Krishna District.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:52 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

KCR is disappointed.  

That's right! can't imagine Hyderabad's fate without any contribution from those big-hearted-visionary-businessmen, from Krishna District.
I see KCR is rolling red carpet to looter in chief Jagan Reddy. So everything is fine. 

I did not realize the wound is so personal and so deep that one cannot see the obvious.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:06 am

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

KCR is disappointed.  

I see KCR is rolling red carpet to looter in chief Jagan Reddy. So everything is fine. 

I did not realize the wound is so personal and so deep that one cannot see the obvious.
Personal, Really! Isn't that what idiots like CBN have been claiming all along; If he has an iota of shame, he should dispose off his assets in Hyderabad and permanently relocate to Vijayawada. 

Aside, What is the best time to invest in Hyd than in a downmarket as now. Conversely, who would want to invest (burn) in Andhra with bloated prices & all the hype surrounding it. 

This probably is the best time to sell ancestral properties in Krishna and invest in Hyd.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:19 am

My theory is that HYD will settle down in a year or two and around three years from now , we are likely to have the growth and big established city effect pushing prices. Prop and VP are likely to disagree.  

It is not surprising that prices are sky high in coastal districts.  This is like silicon valley boom. Some real opportunities will be drowned in a sea of fly by night schemes.  There was a saptagiri scheme (scam) example couple of decades ago. It is buyer beware. 

If you are independently wealthy,  I suggest non real estate investment in coastal districts.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:45 pm

KCR is disappointed.  

Gurukul trust and ayyappa society puzzled me. Why did he do that?   Is he angry that city vote went against him?  is he trying to set up a future shakedown of some real estate barons? Some of his moves could make hyd unpalatable for new investors ( Prop suggested that could happen). 

I think he went after the small fish to send a message to the bigger fish. Pay up or else....

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:39 pm

Land allotments: Naidu to do a KCR in Aandhra Pradesh

"HYDERABAD: Like Telangana chief minister K Chandrashekar Rao, AP CM Chandrababu Naidu is also on a take-back-land spree. Nearly a month after coming to power in Andhra Pradesh, the TDP regime has calculated that successive Congress governments from 2004 had allotted nearly one lakh acres of land in residuary AP for special economic zones (SEZs), industrial parks and ports. According to its findings, most of it ended up as dubious transactions because of which the TDP dispensation is all set to reclaim the same."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/Land-allotments-Naidu-to-do-a-KCR-in-Aandhra-Pradesh/articleshow/37989867.cms

-> but but our Naidu garu is a visionary, self-less person; unlike KCR he is putting himself through all this hassle for the development of the state wonly.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:55 pm

CD

Your posts remind me of great SV ranga Rao as Keechaka.  While waiting for Draupadi, he talks to himself about his own greatness. The difference is you talk about CBN.

Do you send these gems of self delusional posts to Jagan Reddy to show him how you are keeping the faith?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:58 pm

truthbetold wrote:My theory is that HYD will settle down in a year or two and around three years from now , we are likely to have the growth and big established city effect pushing prices. Prop and VP are likely to disagree.  

It is not surprising that prices are sky high in coastal districts.  This is like silicon valley boom. Some real opportunities will be drowned in a sea of fly by night schemes.  There was a saptagiri scheme (scam) example couple of decades ago. It is buyer beware. 

If you are independently wealthy,  I suggest non real estate investment in coastal districts.
Apparently, KCR wants to sub-divide GHMC into three corporations and incorporate some villages into each. It is possible that he is trying to do this to gain a foothold in GHMC. Until now, TRS doesn't have much of a presence in Hyd area. Also, he may be trying to confine MIM to only one of the three. He may also think that his family will collect a bigger loot.

I can't see KCR doing much for Telangana. He will just drain Hyd's revenue and quit politics after 5 years. By that time, his family will be richer than Jagan's.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:11 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
truthbetold wrote:My theory is that HYD will settle down in a year or two and around three years from now , we are likely to have the growth and big established city effect pushing prices. Prop and VP are likely to disagree.  

Apparently, KCR wants to sub-divide GHMC into three corporations and incorporate some villages into each. It is possible that he is trying to do this to gain a foothold in GHMC. Until now, TRS doesn't have much of a presence in Hyd area. Also, he may be trying to confine MIM to only one of the three. He may also think that his family will collect a bigger loot.

I can't see KCR doing much for Telangana. He will just drain Hyd's revenue and quit politics after 5 years. By that time, his family will be richer than Jagan's.
Trifurcation seems to be in the plans.  It is for political reasons.  If he sends out the message that land grabbers will be punished, i think common men will be ok with that, But he seems to focus on creating a feeling of unease among andhra peohe and voluntarily drive them out. He may be thinking T area people and people from outside state will flood his town. 

I doubt he can create unhealthy atmosphere on one hand and expect other people to invest in the city at the same time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Your posts remind me of great SV ranga Rao as Keechaka.  While waiting for Draupadi, he talks to himself about his own greatness. The difference is you talk about CBN.

Do you send these gems of self delusional posts to Jagan Reddy to show him how you are keeping the faith?
self-delusional because you don't like the tone? BTW, that title was from TOI, not mine; so I guess TOI is being self-delusional.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:30 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

self-delusional because you don't like the tone? BTW, that title was from TOI, not mine; so I guess TOI is being self-delusional.
CD
Let me assure you title has nothing to do with my comment. It is surely meant for your rants.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:30 am

truthbetold wrote:In the last week, Modi's govt presented its first budget. This is important as it sets the tone for modi's leadership for the Indian economy. 

My two cents. 

What do you think?

Reviews have been mixed. Some critical long term steps were taken, but short term steps fell short of expectations.
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/budget/why-arun-jaitley-has-chosen-to-play-safe-with-budget-2014-90529.html
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/economy/budget-outlays-pranab-chidu-jaitley-fms-gaming-system-90515.html

Benefits to Salaried Class (Anywhere from 5000 to 35000) and incentives tp save
(Savings had come down disastrously during UPA)
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/data/personal-tax-how-much-you-will-save-post-jaitleys-tax-proposals-in-budget-2014-90504.html

Benefits to MSME's and recognition (mixed reviews)
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/biztech/status-check-budget-2014-meet-sme-expectations-captured-firstbiz-greyhound-sme-survey-90634.html

Negative view of fiscal deficit target (Economists feel 4.5 is the correct number)
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/budget/credit-agencies-skeptical-of-modi-govts-pledge-to-keep-fy15-fiscal-deficit-target-90586.html
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/economy/budget-outlays-pranab-chidu-jaitley-fms-gaming-system-90515.html
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/data/budget-at-a-glance-the-important-numbers-you-need-to-know-90517.html
http://www.firstpost.com/budget-2014/from-fiscal-deficit-target-to-gaar-finmin-officials-clarify-budget-proposals-1616019.html

Mixed views on improvements to Retrograde tax policies
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/budget/experts/budget-2014-jaitley-has-kept-door-open-for-fiis-to-escape-being-taxed-90564.html

Reviews from Long term investors seem to be positive with some long term steps
taken towards sustainable growth.
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/budget/foreign-brokerages-hail-jaitleys-budget-as-growth-reforms-oriented-90570.html
http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/from-hope-to-reality/99/
http://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/devolution-to-states-states-get-more-room-114071001207_1.html
http://www.firstpost.com/india/budget-2014-narendra-modi-gives-biggest-push-to-fiscal-federalism-1614487.html

On stock market, given the high expectations of path breaking steps, stock markets will correct a little, but the Bull Market remains. Some long term capital gains tax tweaking has been done on mutual funds. 
http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/money/budget-2014-how-the-fm-has-penalised-bond-fund-investors-90551.html

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:51 am

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

CD
Let me assure you title has nothing to do with my comment. It is surely meant for your rants.

That's right. Conversely, whatever TBT says is very well thought out, pearls of wisdom, nothing short of brahmam gari josyam.

It's great & sensible analysis/commentary when you criticize KCR's actions or badmouth Congress or Jagan incessantly, but stupidity & jealousy on my part for bringing up similar high-handed moves by his counterpart CBN.

A very sensible logic, we all get it now.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down