Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bhImA's anger at yudishtira

2 posters

Go down

bhImA's anger at yudishtira Empty bhImA's anger at yudishtira

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:28 pm

finds beautiful expression in bharathi's hands. i remembered it when i listened to nellai kaNNan talk about bharathi's pAnjAli sabatham.

சக்ரவர்த்தி என்றே மேலாந் தன்மை படைத்திருந்தோம்
பொக்கென்று ஓர்கணத்தே எல்லாம் போக தொலைத்துவிட்டாய்
நாட்டையெல்லாம் தொலைத்தாய் -நாங்கள் பொறுத்திருந்தோம்
மீட்டும் எமை அடிமை செய்தாய் -மேலும் பொறுத்திருந்தோம்

திருபதன் மகளை திட்டதுய்னன் உடன்பிறப்பை
இரு பகடை என்றாய். ஐயோ! இவர்க்கு அடிமை என்றாய்
இது பொறுப்பதில்லை. தம்பி, எரிதழல் கொண்டு வா
கதிரை வைத்து இழந்தான் அண்ணன் கையை எரித்திடுவோம்

we had invested respect in you, the emperor. but in an instant you lost everything! (பொக்கென்று ஓர்கணத்தே எல்லாம் போக தொலைத்துவிட்டாய்). you lost the country, and we manfully bore that pain (நாட்டையெல்லாம் தொலைத்தாய் -நாங்கள் பொறுத்திருந்தோம்), you indentured us to the enemy, we even took that in stride (மீட்டும் எமை அடிமை செய்தாய் -மேலும் பொறுத்திருந்தோம்). but you gambled away drupadan's daughter and drishtdyumnan's sibling, and enslaved her to the enemy (திருபதன் மகளை திட்டதுய்னன் உடன்பிறப்பை
இரு பகடை என்றாய். ஐயோ! இவர்க்கு அடிமை என்றாய்). this we cannot bear (இது பொறுப்பதில்லை). brother! (addressing arjunA now), bring me a burning fire, he lost the light of our family, now let us light our brother's hand, the one that lost her in a gambling debt, afire ( தம்பி, எரிதழல் கொண்டு வா கதிரை வைத்து இழந்தான் அண்ணன் கையை எரித்திடுவோம்)!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

bhImA's anger at yudishtira Empty Re: bhImA's anger at yudishtira

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:34 pm

the mahabhArathA from bhimA's pov (http://thevc.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/the-mahabharata-from-a-new-angle/). good reading for those used to rajagopalachari's sterilized version where yudishtira is always painted as virtuous.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:35 am

beautiful! believe it or not, 2015 my teacher is staging this dance drama for the season :-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down