Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IIT, IIM, AIIMS, etc to AP

2 posters

Go down

IIT, IIM, AIIMS, etc to AP Empty IIT, IIM, AIIMS, etc to AP

Post by indophile Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Instead of everything in Krishna/Guntur, I hope some of these will be set up in Rayalaseema.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/services/education/iit-iim-nit-central-university-to-be-set-up-in-ap-smriti-irani/articleshow/38495370.cms

indophile

Back to top Go down

IIT, IIM, AIIMS, etc to AP Empty Re: IIT, IIM, AIIMS, etc to AP

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:22 pm

What makes you think that they will all be in Krishna/Guntur? The talk is that IIT will be in Tirupati (Seema), AIIMS in Guntur, IIM & NIT in Vizag, IIIT in Seema, Petrolium U in Kakinada..........

I personally would have preferred AIIMS in Vizag but Guntur being central, patients across the state will find the latter more acceptable. Incidentally, Guntur medical college has been sending more physicians to the US than any other college outside the US! So, there may be quite a few NRI physicians who would want to join Guntur-AIIMS as part-time faculty.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:19 am

If Naidu spreads things out, the state will be fine. Otherwise, in the short term, he will lose in 5 years, and in the long term, there will be another division of the state. Also, for some time, he should stop talking about Krishna/Guntur in public speaches or interviews. It's giving an impression he is beholden to only those two districts out of the 13 he got, while he claims he is still two-eyed (wrt Telangana).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:40 am

I think it is the media that is spreading the Guntur/Vijayawada story. May be the real estate mafia is behind this. I have a relative who has a plot near Mangalagiri. She is all stressed out worrying about when to sell it.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down