Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock markets - When will the big D likely to occur?

4 posters

Go down

Stock markets - When will the big D likely to occur? Empty Stock markets - When will the big D likely to occur?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:39 pm

..That is the big "DIP" I am moved 1/2 my retirement account out of stocks and waiting to get back in. The markets are still floating high.

So how long and when?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Stock markets - When will the big D likely to occur? Empty Re: Stock markets - When will the big D likely to occur?

Post by nevada Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Many feel that it will all end badly but no one knows when. For now, the trend is your friend. Build up some gains by swing trading and play with those gains only without risking your own capital.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Stock markets - When will the big D likely to occur? Empty Re: Stock markets - When will the big D likely to occur?

Post by b_A Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

..That is the big "DIP" I am moved 1/2 my retirement account out of stocks and waiting to get back in. The markets are still floating high.

So how long and when?

In 12 working days. S&P will fall to 1900.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:05 pm

b_A wrote:

..That is the big "DIP"  I am moved 1/2 my retirement account out of stocks and waiting to get back in. The markets are still floating high.

So how long and when?

Is this based on some chart analysis or options buying trends or are you just joking?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:08 pm

b_A wrote:

..That is the big "DIP"  I am moved 1/2 my retirement account out of stocks and waiting to get back in. The markets are still floating high.

So how long and when?

I think they all will fall in 13 days - 2 PM to be precise.

falling to 1900 is no biggie.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:12 pm

nevada wrote:
b_A wrote:

So how long and when?

Is this based on some chart analysis or options buying trends or are you just joking?

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=%24SPX&p=D&yr=0&mn=9&dy=0&id=p46533588084&a=234727006&r=39

copy and paste the link. Clicking may not show the chart.

Study the pattern in the first two weeks of 2014 and now. Next week will give more clarity. If it a fast and furious dip , it may be a good place to add like around Feb 1st.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:09 pm

b_A wrote:
nevada wrote:
b_A wrote:

So how long and when?

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=%24SPX&p=D&yr=0&mn=9&dy=0&id=p46533588084&a=234727006&r=39

Study the pattern in the first two weeks of 2014 and now. Next week will give more clarity. If it a fast and furious dip , it may be a good place to add like around Feb 1st.

Current price action seems very similar to the first few weeks of 2014. A pullback maybe on the cards then.
Do you track any marquee names such as AAPL, IWM, GOOG, AMZN etc for pullback and bounce back to support levels? I remember seeing a video a while ago where the guy mentioned that these names like to trade close to a moving average(200 day or 50 day I don't remember) and if they have been trading flat beneath that level for too long, they tend to bounce big and catch up. If you can nail that trend correctly, you can make some good profits through options.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 pm

nevada wrote:
b_A wrote:
nevada wrote:
b_A wrote:

So how long and when?

Current price action seems very similar to the first few weeks of 2014. A pullback maybe on the cards then.
If anybody shows interest , I will go into more details over the weekend on what I saw , what is the confirmation that I will be looking for, what will negate the pattern etc. The important thing to keep in mind is that history doesn't repeat exactly , it only rhymes. TA can only show the risk/reward and odds and likely places to enter/exit the trade.
nevada wrote:
Do you track any marquee names such as AAPL, IWM, GOOG, AMZN etc for pullback and bounce back to support levels? I remember seeing a video a while ago where the guy mentioned that these names like to trade close to a moving average(200 day or 50 day I don't remember) and if they have been trading flat beneath that level for too long, they tend to bounce big and catch up. If you can nail that trend correctly, you can make some good profits through options.
The leaders rarely touch the 200d MA ( if they do they will not be leaders Wink ). The best one can hope is to get them near 50d MA. Again the MA's , support levels etc , only show the risk and stop levels for the trade.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:10 pm

b_A wrote:

So how long and when?

I don't think Janet will allow more than that.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:27 am

So how long and when?
butler, it's either "when will the big d occur?" or "when is the big d likely to occur?"

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:37 am

michelle2 wrote:

So how long and when?
butler, it's either "when will the big d occur?" or "when is the big d likely to occur?"
Haha, good catch! I just throw a quick glance at a sentence and if I get the gist of it, I don't even bother to read it fully.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:39 am

michelle2 wrote:

So how long and when?

Explain why...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:24 pm

b_A wrote:

So how long and when?

OK. I will give you 1884-1888 range by 8/8 or 8/11. But not a penny less than that.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down