Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andhra Pradesh: Guntur, Tenali, Vijaywada the heartland of renowned hindi writers and poets: Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad

+3
Ram Sharan
MaxEntropy_Man
charvaka
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Andhra Pradesh: Guntur, Tenali, Vijaywada the heartland of renowned hindi writers and poets: Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad  - Page 2 Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: Guntur, Tenali, Vijaywada the heartland of renowned hindi writers and poets: Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad

Post by Ram Sharan Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:17 pm

how do we agree on the meaning of the word 'renowned'. for instance, my understanding is that several of the names in your list of 'renowned' hindi writers are actually mediocre writers.

shabhash munni, tu apne aap ko bahut smart samajhti hai. renowned ke bahane tu nam dena tal de. renowned ki ma ki chut, ek sidha-sadha non-renowned nam bhi mat de. koi nam hai hi nahi to tu degi kya?

ab bhag ja, aur iftar khale. aur sath me woh yar la ghanta to bhi leja.

Ram Sharan

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh: Guntur, Tenali, Vijaywada the heartland of renowned hindi writers and poets: Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad  - Page 2 Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: Guntur, Tenali, Vijaywada the heartland of renowned hindi writers and poets: Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:20 pm

so just out of curiosity what will this demolition of regional identities
involve? how will it work on an operational level? should people stop eating food
they've been eating for millenia and start eating some rashtra bhojan maybe comprising
of alu gobi and gobi alu to be specified by you? will you issue government standardized recipes?

should children stop talking to their grandparents in assamese? will you
impose fines on them if they do? what else can we expect?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:so just out of curiosity what will this demolition of regional identities
involve? how will it work on an operational level? should people stop eating food
they've been eating for millenia and start eating some rashtra bhojan maybe comprising
of alu gobi and gobi alu to be specified by you? will you issue government standardized recipes?

should children stop talking to their grandparents in assamese? will you
impose fines on them if they do? what else can we expect?

--> demolition of regional identities will eventually occur through a simple mechanism: more and more inter regional marriages.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:32 pm

Rashmun wrote:
--> demolition of regional identities will eventually occur through a simple mechanism: more and more inter regional marriages.

that's already happening through the mechanism of culling female foetuses in haryana over the last several
decades leading to haryanavi men seeking brides in kerala and elsewhere. so your dream is coming true.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

that's already happening through the mechanism of culling female foetuses in haryana over the last several
decades leading to haryanavi men seeking brides in kerala and elsewhere. so your dream is coming true.

trust you to conflate two totally different issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 pm

quli qutab shah is pukka 100% gult. he had a moustache and most telugus have moustaches. I also heard that he had a house in nakkalroad, vijayawada and would drink tea and munch on punugulu + bajjis regularly outside annapurna theater. no one can prove otherwise, so issue resolved. carvaka is a rabblerousing telangana sympathiser/supremacist so he can disagree all he wants.

incidentally I met YLP a few times in dallas - maybe 'met' is a stretch so let's just say I was in the same room..anyways he's one profane, drunk mofo. entertaining, nonetheless.

*iyeresque name dropping mode off*

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:quli qutab shah is pukka 100% gult. he had a moustache and most telugus have moustaches. I also heard that he had a house in nakkalroad, vijayawada and would drink tea and munch on punugulu + bajjis regularly outside annapurna theater. no one can prove otherwise, so issue resolved. carvaka is a rabblerousing telangana sympathiser/supremacist so he can disagree all he wants.

incidentally I met YLP a few times in dallas - maybe 'met' is a stretch so let's just say I was in the same room..anyways he's one profane, drunk mofo. entertaining, nonetheless.

--> i think you would approve of this book by YLP:
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100113/jsp/nation/story_11977896.jsp

--> incidentally, YLP has given his email ID on his personal website:
http://www.yarlagaddalakshmiprasad.com/contact_details.html

--> i plan to write to him some time to clarify who he had in mind when he said that guntur, tenali, and vijaywada have produced great hindi writers. I'll also give him the link to this thread and invite him to join this forum to share this knowledge and to confront Charvaka who has repeatedly been calling him a Liar.

--> YLP has been a member of parliament (Rajya Sabha) and he was also the hindi teacher of N.T. Rama Rao. Why was N.T. Rama Rao learning hindi from YLP? The TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu is also learning hindi and going over two hindi newspapers every day (i gave the link for this recently).

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:quli qutab shah is pukka 100% gult. he had a moustache and most telugus have moustaches. I also heard that he had a house in nakkalroad, vijayawada and would drink tea and munch on punugulu + bajjis regularly outside annapurna theater. no one can prove otherwise, so issue resolved. carvaka is a rabblerousing telangana sympathiser/supremacist so he can disagree all he wants.

--> i think you would approve of this book by YLP:
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100113/jsp/nation/story_11977896.jsp

--> incidentally, YLP has given his email ID on his personal website:
http://www.yarlagaddalakshmiprasad.com/contact_details.html

--> i plan to write to him some time to clarify who he had in mind when he said that guntur, tenali, and vijaywada have produced great hindi writers. I'll also give him the link to this thread and invite him to join this forum to share this knowledge and to confront Charvaka who has repeatedly been calling him a Liar.

--> YLP has been a member of parliament (Rajya Sabha) and he was also the hindi teacher of N.T. Rama Rao. Why was N.T. Rama Rao learning hindi from YLP? The TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu is also learning hindi and going over two hindi newspapers every day (i gave the link for this recently).

yeah both NTR and CBR had aspirations beyond the region so they were attempting to learn to speaki hindi. I remember that one of my older relatives was a hindi 'pundit' of sorts but I think it's a stretch to say that area produced shitload of hindi writers. they barely screen bollywood movies in vijaywada and guntur for heaven's sake.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:quli qutab shah is pukka 100% gult. he had a moustache and most telugus have moustaches. I also heard that he had a house in nakkalroad, vijayawada and would drink tea and munch on punugulu + bajjis regularly outside annapurna theater.

LOL!

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:38 am

Rashmun wrote:i plan to write to him some time to clarify who he had in mind when he said that guntur, tenali, and vijaywada have produced great hindi writers. I'll also give him the link to this thread and invite him to join this forum to share this knowledge and to confront Charvaka who has repeatedly been calling him a Liar.
Master Rashmun, thank you so for much reminding me of this thread by reposting that article about Guntur-Tenali-Vijayawada being the heartland (hahaha!) of renowned Hindi poets. Just wanted to check in with you on your plans. It has been more than a year since you made this plan. Are you still planning to invite Yarlagadda to help you out here by "clarifying what he had in mind?"
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 am

Ram Sharan wrote:how do we agree on the meaning of the word 'renowned'. for instance, my understanding is that several of the names in your list of 'renowned' hindi writers are actually mediocre writers.

shabhash munni, tu apne aap ko bahut smart samajhti hai. renowned ke bahane tu nam dena tal de. renowned ki ma ki chut, ek sidha-sadha non-renowned nam bhi mat de. koi nam hai hi nahi to tu degi kya?

ab bhag ja, aur iftar khale. aur sath me woh yar la ghanta to bhi leja.

Pretty soon, Yarlagadda will be selling his properties in Hyd and buying in Vijayawada-Mangalagiri-Guntur area. He will also write how beautiful the Telugu of Krishna district is. Just wait and see.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 am

lol!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2