Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thousands protest 6-year-old's rape in Bangalore school, want suspects arrested

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Seva Lamberdar
6 posters

Go down

Thousands protest 6-year-old's rape in Bangalore school, want suspects arrested Empty Thousands protest 6-year-old's rape in Bangalore school, want suspects arrested

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:36 pm

NEW DELHI: Thousands of people angry over alleged police inaction after a 6-year-old girl was raped at her school in Bangalore rallied Saturday to demand that authorities arrest those responsible for the attack.

More than 4,000 parents and relatives of children who attend the school in Bangalore, India's technology hub, shouted slogans against the school's administration and demanded that police arrest those involved in the July 2 incident, which was reported only this past week.

They carried placards that read "Enough is enough" and "We want justice," and walked more than 4 kilometers (2 miles) to one of the Bangalore's main police stations.

Police said the girl was assaulted when she left her classroom to go to the restroom. They said she was recovering from the incident, but did not give further details.

The rape has raised questions about the safety of India's schoolchildren and sparked nationwide outrage over rampant sexual violence against girls and women. The school has refused to take responsibility for the crime.

Angry lawmakers discussed the incident in the state assembly on Friday and demanded that the government of Karnataka of which Bangalore is the capital, punish the school principal and other administrators who allegedly tried to hush the matter.

The parents have said they will keep their children out of school until steps are in place to ensure their safety.

Police said eight members of the school's staff had been detained for questioning. The protesters squatted outside a police station and refused to move until the city's police chief assured them the suspects would be arrested.

Official statistics say about 25,000 rapes are committed every year in India, a nation of 1.2 billion people. Activists, though, say that number is just a tiny percentage of the actual number, since victims are often pressed by family or police to stay quiet about sexual assaults.

Indian officials, who for decades had done little about sexual violence, have faced growing public anger since the December 2012 fatal gang rape of a young woman on a moving New Delhi bus, an attack that sparked national outrage.

The nationwide outcry led the federal government to rush legislation doubling prison terms for rapists to 20 years and criminalizing voyeurism, stalking (such as shown in the Indian movies?) and the trafficking of women. The law also makes it a crime for officers to refuse to open cases when complaints are made.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/Thousands-protest-6-year-olds-rape-in-Bangalore-school-want-suspects-arrested/articleshow/38688058.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Thousands protest 6-year-old's rape in Bangalore school, want suspects arrested Empty Re: Thousands protest 6-year-old's rape in Bangalore school, want suspects arrested

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:15 pm

I think TOI messed up this news report. Must be some school in New Delhi.

Back to top Go down

Thousands protest 6-year-old's rape in Bangalore school, want suspects arrested Empty Re: Thousands protest 6-year-old's rape in Bangalore school, want suspects arrested

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:54 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:I think TOI messed up this news report. Must be some school in New Delhi.

I thought I read about a 3 yr old gangraped in Rajasthan or Haryana...could find the newsitem.

BUT tried to google "child raped in India"

Holy shyt... the entire page was full of various child rape news items...different children/teenagers all parts of India. not counting the over 18 women, including a 35 yr old who was stabbed in her private parts. what a shame.

This is some serious shyt and Modi ji better do something although law/order is a state subject.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:42 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:I think TOI messed up this news report. Must be some school in New Delhi.

I thought I read about a 3 yr old gangraped in Rajasthan or Haryana...could find the newsitem.

Holy shyt... the entire page was full of various child rape news items...different children/teenagers all parts of India. not counting the over 18 women, including a 35 yr old who was stabbed in her private parts. what a shame.

This is some serious shyt and Modi ji better do something although law/order is a state subject.

>>> Fry the scum.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:05 am

Did you say "different children/teenagers all parts of India" ?

Dang! I'm a double-masters OR a PhD OR an alleged Professor OR an "educated" SuCher and I can't play the "my state rapes less" or "my-culture-better-than-your" card anymore.

THIS hurts really bad.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:03 am

Kris wrote:

>>> Fry the scum.
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/bangalore-rape-schools-skating-instructor-arrested/20140720.htm

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:04 am

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/bangalore-rape-schools-skating-instructor-arrested/20140720.htm

Excerpts
It is the first arrest in the incident which occurred on July 2 and came to light on July 14 after a police complaint was lodged. “Mustafa, a skating instructor, has been arrested,” said Bangalore Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:01 pm

It was a northindian as many people suspected .

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down