Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rahul is a voracious reader and Sonia can be compared with Caesar: Natwar

2 posters

Go down

Rahul is a voracious reader and Sonia can be compared with Caesar: Natwar Empty Rahul is a voracious reader and Sonia can be compared with Caesar: Natwar

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Rahul’s arrival, followed by a cute puppy, eased the tension. I asked him which of the books I had lent him he had read. He reads quite a lot and Sonia, too, is a voracious reader. He told me he had finished the autobiography of Shimon Peres and Anthony Sampson’s biography of Nelson Mandela. He had found the autobiography disappointing. He had yet to read Roosevelt’s biography by Conrad Black. Sonia asked Rahul which of my books the puppy had chewed. He did not remember the name. I gave him the title, Against All Enemies, a book analysing America’s war on terror by former US Chief Counter-Terrorism Adviser, Richard A. Clarke....

Once, I pulled Sonia’s leg on this, telling her that only two people in history had refused the crown, both Italians by birth.

‘Who is the other?’ she asked. ‘Julius Caesar,’ I replied.

http://scroll.in/article/672494/Sonia-was-in-tears-but-Rahul-had-his-way,-she-did-not-become-PM

Back to top Go down

Rahul is a voracious reader and Sonia can be compared with Caesar: Natwar Empty Re: Rahul is a voracious reader and Sonia can be compared with Caesar: Natwar

Post by Obnoxious Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks for the joke!!

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Rahul is a voracious reader and Sonia can be compared with Caesar: Natwar Empty Re: Rahul is a voracious reader and Sonia can be compared with Caesar: Natwar

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:19 pm

Obnoxious wrote:Thanks for the joke!!

No no...it is right. does not matter if it is alphabet, rhymes and tables book, still reading is reading.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down