Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparently this Ad is generating lots of eyeballs

+6
truthbetold
MaxEntropy_Man
southindian
b_A
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
rawemotions
10 posters

Go down

Apparently this Ad is generating lots of eyeballs Empty Apparently this Ad is generating lots of eyeballs

Post by rawemotions Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9BlI9nhqTE

Associated article

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Apparently this Ad is generating lots of eyeballs Empty Re: Apparently this Ad is generating lots of eyeballs

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:07 am

rawemotions wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9BlI9nhqTE

Associated article

Didn't i say that women treat men like dogs?

Women can be bitchy....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Apparently this Ad is generating lots of eyeballs Empty Re: Apparently this Ad is generating lots of eyeballs

Post by b_A Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:21 pm

1) Does she want to him to finish the job or come home ?
2) Is she related to Kittu Gidwani ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:46 pm

Associated article

I know a place - off hand - where the wife is the big boss and the hubby is working in the same division at a lower level. So this is not too fetched. Companies not allowing relationships at workplace is changing - to keep talent and reduce attrition. as in anything this is a double edged sword. relationships gone sour could cause problems for the company.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Associated article
Why is there any controversy? I don't get it.

The man is appropriately an employee and husband at different times.

The woman is behaving as boss at work and wife at home.

Both doing their tasks well.

The good part for him is, at least the wife is not calling him every  hour asking what is he doing.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:26 pm

southindian wrote:

Associated article
Why is there any controversy? I don't get it.

The man is appropriately an employee and husband at different times.

The woman is behaving as boss at work and wife at home.

Both doing their tasks well.

The good part for him is, at least the wife is not calling him every  hour asking what is he doing.

Poor guy. If he upset his wife at home, she will get even at work. If he did something at work, he is finito at home. If she is a A type personality he is D E A D.

This is unfair.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Associated article

obvious, cliched, and predictable after 10 seconds.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:26 am

This seems like the Indra Nooyi type of an ad. Boo!

It would've been a better ad had it shown the wife caught up at work until late in the night and the husband cooks, cleans the kitchen, takes care of the children, (feeds them, helps with their home work, reads them a bed time story and tucks them in bed), and video messages all of that to his wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:33 am

Also, one wonders if she's trying to be a stereotypical wife out of guilt for being his boss and acting like one at work and is doing the goody goody thing to bolster his ego.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:36 am

Watched a full debate on it on ndtv the other day. Same arguments. One side was happy that the wife is a boss and the couple has an understanding with her being his boss, and the wife is cooking because she obviously loves to and what's wrong in that. They also claimed that there are modern Indian couples like that living beautifully. Other side said it was still a bit stereotypical regarding wife's 'role' about home and kids. The first side said the ad doesn't say that there is any such restriction in that marriage.

Overall the ad industry was given a clean chit as they are portraying all sorts of modern couple dynamics.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:57 am

BK

My two cents. 

This ad is what I call silsila compromise. In short. Amitabh and rekha were lovers before marriage.  Got married to different people. Meet after marriage and get pulled together and go to the extent of running away from town.  Given indian traditions and attitude yash chopra took a bold step to show them rekindling their love and engage in physical acts (unlike in the movie sangam).  But he could not take the risk of breaking the sacrosanct marriage bond and timidly sent both of them back to their respective families in the end.

In this ad, they took it one step further by showing a wife could be boss but toned down by showing all that cooking to reinforce the traditional role or so called balanced marriage. They achieved their twin goals,  they placated the traditionalists and they created enough buzz to have all of us talking about it.  

As you pointed in the thread 'old ideas', this is an example of change taking place but at a pace that indian society thinks is appropriate. It takes a long time to come to the acceptance of modern women's equal rights without apologies.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:29 am

Just a bad Ad, imo..no chemistry or sizzle! 

The lady looked  more like a boring "bossy" akka (older sister)..the type..perhaps a man adds as the "wife" on his cell phone contact list!  Who does that? And if he did..don't think carrot soup/dish is going to cut it as exciting for him to rush to her:)

If anything..this Ad shows why it's not a great idea for couples to work so close in the supervisor-employee roles in the workplace (be it husband or wife).

It is obviously common, but it makes it really awkward-uncomfortable for others to complain about the husband or wife..to the supervisor, if there are issues-problems..and for the supervisory spouse to take action..if necessary, give warnings, suspend or terminate the employee..take the side of the other workers!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:15 am

thanks for posting the ad. 

as soon as i saw it, i knew that something was good and different about it, beyond the interesting social dynamics depicted. now i know what it is: the actors are infinitely superior to the ones usually seen in bollywood movies.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:14 am

michelle2 wrote:thanks for posting the ad. 

as soon as i saw it, i knew that something was good and different about it, beyond the interesting social dynamics depicted. now i know what it is: the actors are infinitely superior to the ones usually seen in bollywood movies.
That is because all of them are wannabe bollywood stars.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:25 am

Kinnera wrote:This seems like the Indra Nooyi type of an ad. Boo!

It would've been a better ad had it shown the wife caught up at work until late in the night and the husband cooks, cleans the kitchen, takes care of the children, (feeds them, helps with their home work, reads them a bed time story and tucks them in bed), and video messages all of that to his wife.

Yeah. That's a very realistic scenario that prospective Airtel subscribers can readily relate to. These ad-makers, I tell ya...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:34 am

err? possibly the worst ad of the year. they should hire a cook and call it a day. what's the drama about?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down