Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snakes generally follow rats

2 posters

Go down

Snakes generally follow rats Empty Snakes generally follow rats

Post by indophile Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Imagine rat scurrying around in a passenger plane at 30,000 feet.  Smile 

http://www.samachar.com/Rats-on-a-Plane-Force-Air-India-to-Ground-Aircraft-Report-oignMgggica.html

indophile

Back to top Go down

Snakes generally follow rats Empty Re: Snakes generally follow rats

Post by Hellsangel Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Rats generally follow snakes snacks.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Rat generally follow snakes snacks.
Yes, indeed.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Reminds me of the ridiculous movie I watched once - snakes on a plane. Everyone else in the family room slept through it, but I watched it till the end, curled up on my couch, and screaming every time an exotic snake showed up or bit anyone. Next morning I sorta felt ashamed of myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:30 pm

In our area we don't have many poisonous snakes. The only poisonous snake around here is the copperhead. They have timber rattlers in the western parts of the State. Most of the snakes you normally see are - black rat snakes, green snakes, garter snakes etc., all non-poisonous. But they do bite, and the bite wound can get infected.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:50 pm

indophile wrote:In our area we don't have many poisonous snakes. The only poisonous snake around here is the copperhead. They have timber rattlers in the western parts of the State. Most of the snakes you normally see are - black rat snakes, green snakes, garter snakes etc., all non-poisonous. But they do bite, and the bite wound can get infected.

No poisonous snake in CNJ as well. Only a few in North jersey are known to be poisonous.

We have had a snake in our front or backyard, spotted by some but I never saw it. This is from two years ago. The UPS guy had come to take some stuff back to amazon. I opened the garage door for him. He spotted the snake INSIDE the garage, near the garage doors, hidden behind some leaves. He pointed it to me and I saw its tail and I FREAKED out. I didn't even dare walk down on the garage floor. Began asking if I can call animal control, etc etc. By that time our next door neighbor also walked up as he needed the UPS guy for something. By the time I could get my breath back and gather the guts to walk outside, they had shooed away the snake. They, alongwith my kids, could not laugh enough seeing me jumping the moment I saw the snake. And later that night, XH (we were technically married then and he was renting a room from me, but he would rarely be home) had to deal with my panic attack reliving the moment.  I basically went into a panic attack about every phobia I have, coz if there can be a snake in my house, other stuff can happen too.

Anyway, they said sometimes they come in if they smell rats. Also there were leaves collected near the garage door, so they find a good hiding/living spot. Since then, I don't let the leaves build up at all. And I am much more active about killing rats.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Mice and rats pee everywhere they go. Snakes follow the pee smell. Put some moth balls in the garage. I heard snakes hate the smell of naphthalene, and they prefer to stay away from that area.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down