Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People whose first language is hindi are known as Hindustanis

2 posters

Go down

People whose first language is hindi are known as Hindustanis Empty People whose first language is hindi are known as Hindustanis

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:02 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindustani_people

Back to top Go down

People whose first language is hindi are known as Hindustanis Empty Re: People whose first language is hindi are known as Hindustanis

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:09 pm

or hindistani?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

People whose first language is hindi are known as Hindustanis Empty Re: People whose first language is hindi are known as Hindustanis

Post by seven Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:43 pm

I never heard anyone call people hindustanis because they speak Hindi.
In my experience people call Indians hindustanis.
Hindustani in Hindi and Indians in English. Synonyms.

You guys are too technical. If you use these words it's Persian. If those words then Urdu. I'm speaking about common public. Mango people. We call it Hindi. And we are called Hindi.
Hindustani too. But that's more like our nationality. The way I understand it is people can be Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi or Hindi and we are all Hindustani.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:47 pm

seven wrote:I never heard anyone call people hindustanis because they speak Hindi.
In my experience people call Indians hindustanis.
Hindustani in Hindi and Indians in English. Synonyms.

You guys are too technical. If you use these words it's Persian. If those words then Urdu. I'm speaking about common public. Mango people. We call it Hindi. And we are called Hindi.
Hindustani too. But that's more like our nationality. The way I understand it is people can be Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi or Hindi and we are all Hindustani.

The word Hindustani has a dual meaning. It can refer to all Indians and it can also refer to people whose first language is hindi. ( of course it can also refer to the Hindustani language.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down