Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Israel, a microcosm/preview of Modi's India

5 posters

Go down

Israel, a microcosm/preview of Modi's India Empty Israel, a microcosm/preview of Modi's India

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:41 pm

UMM AL-FAHM, ISRAEL — Ameer Talal once got 100 customers a day at the car wash he runs outside Israel’s biggest Arab town. But fear has kept away his Jewish clientele.

His little car wash, like most of the Arab-owned businesses around him, has fallen victim to a widening rift between Israeli Arabs and Jews. After a pair of hideous murders and a no-holds-barred war, the suspicions and anger that have long marked Jewish Israeli relations with Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza are now being trained on the Arabs who are almost 1 in 5 of Israel’s 8 million citizens.

“What we’ve seen in the last two months are ugly expressions of hyper-nationalism,” said Tamara Hermann, a political scientist who said that “some people think all Israeli Arabs are a fifth column.”

Talal says he is afraid to visit the Jewish towns and neighborhoods he used to frequent, because he has heard tales of Arabs being subjected to insults, discrimination and even beatings by Jews.

Dozens of Israeli Arabs were fired from their jobs after posting strong antiwar views on social media, including some missives that seemed to delight in Israeli casualties. Soccer fans booed an Arab player on Israel’s most popular team. Israeli police arrested several Jews who attacked Arabs on the street. Now, Arab merchants are watching their businesses wither away as Jewish customers and suppliers balk at venturing into an Arab neighborhood, even one where they have friends.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/jews-and-arabs-in-israel-more-estranged-after-war/2014/08/16/b5d007a5-ef49-4cb3-8521-61f322f8e342_story.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Israel, a microcosm/preview of Modi's India Empty Re: Israel, a microcosm/preview of Modi's India

Post by Hellsangel Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Israel, a microcosm/preview of Modi's India Empty Re: Israel, a microcosm/preview of Modi's India

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Arabs being subjected to insults, discrimination and even beatings by Jews.
A muslim techie was beaten to death in Pune, another was force-fed by a Hindu MP and muslims are discriminated in A'bad.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:13 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
A muslim techie was beaten to death in Pune, another was force-fed by a Hindu MP and muslims are discriminated in A'bad.

OK.
 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:03 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

CD, is your aversion mainly to modi, the individual, or BJP in general? i don't recall you being so vocal against the BJP prior to this. sorry if i missed those posts.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:15 pm

bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

CD, is your aversion mainly to modi, the individual, or BJP in general? i don't recall you being so vocal against the BJP prior to this. sorry if i missed those posts.
BJP in general. I used to be a BJP supporter when I was immature and bigoted.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:20 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

What makes you believe that you're no longer that? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

that I'm not a BJP supporter and looking at the views of BJP supporters in general.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Hahahaha.. you beat me to that...

He is now super bigoted....par none.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:37 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:UMM AL-FAHM, ISRAEL — Ameer Talal once got 100 customers a day at the car wash he runs outside Israel’s biggest Arab town. But fear has kept away his Jewish clientele.

Dozens of Israeli Arabs were fired from their jobs after posting strong antiwar views on social media, including some missives that seemed to delight in Israeli casualties. Soccer fans booed an Arab player on Israel’s most popular team. Israeli police arrested several Jews who attacked Arabs on the street. Now, Arab merchants are watching their businesses wither away as Jewish customers and suppliers balk at venturing into an Arab neighborhood, even one where they have friends.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/jews-and-arabs-in-israel-more-estranged-after-war/2014/08/16/b5d007a5-ef49-4cb3-8521-61f322f8e342_story.html

Thanks to the Hamas for killing the 3 israeli teenagers. The palestinians - who always talk about death to israel - should be self-reliant, and not be so threatening to their "customers"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

clap lol!  rofl

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down