Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My idol Alitair Cook

+3
doofus_maximus
nevada
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
7 posters

Go down

My idol Alitair Cook Empty My idol Alitair Cook

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:53 am

Remember I said that this guy was the potential record breaker against Lord Duckster almost 6 months back when he blasted the Aussies. Please make a note - again.

This guy at just 26 and 5 yrs of test cricket already has scored 18 centuries. At this rate, this guy is sure to break the max runs + max centuries. English play till they are 40+. This is despite his likely failure against tough teams like Zimby and B'Desh and likely centuries against these premier teams by Lord Duckster.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

My idol Alitair Cook Empty Re: My idol Alitair Cook

Post by nevada Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Another factor in his favor is that England plays a lot of test cricket and not much ODI cricket. He has had a great start but there is a long way to go yet. Loss of form, injuries, anything can happen.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Remember I said that this guy was the potential record breaker against Lord Duckster almost 6 months back when he blasted the Aussies. Please make a note - again.

This guy at just 26 and 5 yrs of test cricket already has scored 18 centuries. At this rate, this guy is sure to break the max runs + max centuries. English play till they are 40+. This is despite his likely failure against tough teams like Zimby and B'Desh and likely centuries against these premier teams by Lord Duckster.

he has scored what 5 centuries in this year. lets say he scores 5 centuries every year (wishful thinking). He is yet to play in SL, in SA, in Ind he will need 6 plus years of top notch cricket to reach SRT.

Not going to happen, your white skin idol worship notwithstanding..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:33 pm

doofus_maximus wrote: he has scored what 5 centuries in this year. lets say he scores 5 centuries every year (wishful thinking). He is yet to play in SL, in SA, in Ind he will need 6 plus years of top notch cricket to reach SRT.

I think 6 years top notch is not bad at all. Even if is on and off, he can easily play 10 years more. 6 out of 10 he can easily score. So he is very likely to do it. Not withstanding my brown skin green back $kar bashing.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Damn it! This is what I was afraid of he wasn't amongst runs thus far.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:

dude please tone down the rhetoric. how does it matter what race a cricketer is? so when we praise the 80s windies cricketers,
we become black skin idol worshippers? how about when we appreciate the great pakistani fast bowlers of yore? slightly lighter skin
than us worshippers? great talent is great talent no matter what quarter it comes from. i'm a huge cook fan too though i enjoy his
batting a lot more when is biffing the aussie bowlers around than when he is belting our guys.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:21 pm

busy the whole day and missed the entire day's play but caught up with the highlights. if you forget for a moment that he scored all those runs against us, cook's knock thus far has been serene and majestic. he really is fantastic to watch. got to admire the quiet confidence; very unlike someone like pietersen.

edited to add: if you want to talk about young talent, this is it. not the rainas, rohit sharmas and yuvrajs of the world
with needlessly bloated egos.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Remember I said that this guy was the potential record breaker against Lord Duckster almost 6 months back when he blasted the Aussies. Please make a note - again.

The only bright spot for India so far was the consistent failure of the English opening pair - that has been removed in this test. What can we look forward to now? Sreesanth's glares at the batsman when the score reads 250/1, I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:48 pm

blabberwock wrote:

The only bright spot for India so far was the consistent failure of the English opening pair - that has been removed in this test. What can we look forward to now? Sreesanth's glares at the batsman when the score reads 250/1, I suppose.

They wanna make sure that they are very charitable team that shows no discretion Smile To me Sreesanth has been very disappointing I expected that conditions in Eng suit his bowling style and will take advantage. Oh! well even Kapil's record in England is below par.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:12 am

doofus_maximus wrote:

he has scored what 5 centuries in this year. lets say he scores 5 centuries every year (wishful thinking). He is yet to play in SL, in SA, in Ind he will need 6 plus years of top notch cricket to reach SRT.

ROFLMAO.... When Lord Duckster is playing at 38 and plans to play indefinitely (2 to 3 more yers), what makes you think it will be difficult for Cook to play for just 6 more years.

Your scenario is scary bcz I was thinking he will take 10 more years to reach 50 centuries, at which time he will be 36. Remember, why can't he be a Dravid in health playing non-stop cricket.

now don't be silly, Dr. Rabbit. appreciate a good player wherever he appears and plays well. I think England is a young team and will be at the top for lot longer than India - more like 5+ years.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:01 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: I think England is a young team and will be at the top for lot longer than India - more like 5+ years.

i agree. this team looks, plays and wins like a true # 1 team. and since they are young, they will stay there for longer than IND.

and cook is one of the most promising players of test cricket right now. another one is ABD. but note that he has taken 70 tests to score these hundreds. this is definitely his purple patch, but like someone else said here, there's still a long way to go. remember, ponting, kallis and lara were equally gifted but they are (were) not yet near SRT.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down