Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back to school

5 posters

Go down

back to school Empty back to school

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:01 pm

her: ran around with her in the mall all evening today. For that "first day" look. The tops - they have to be 'new' even though they don't really look too much different from the ones she already have; the rings - will lose in 2 day; the necklace - that "signifies me"; the earrings - will break in two days. 

him: asked him if he has enough pairs of clean tees and shorts that fit. Yep. K we are good.

Back to top Go down

back to school Empty Re: back to school

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:her: ran around with her in the mall all evening today. For that "first day" look. The tops - they have to be 'new' even though they don't really look too much different from the ones she already have; the rings - will lose in 2 day; the necklace - that "signifies me"; the earrings - will break in two days. 

him: asked him if he has enough pairs of clean tees and shorts that fit. Yep. K we are good.
All this will be repeated in what, 2-3 months? either they grow out of this stuff or to buy winter clothing.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:50 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:her: ran around with her in the mall all evening today. For that "first day" look. The tops - they have to be 'new' even though they don't really look too much different from the ones she already have; the rings - will lose in 2 day; the necklace - that "signifies me"; the earrings - will break in two days. 

All this will be repeated in what, 2-3 months? either they grow out of this stuff or to buy winter clothing.

2 weeks, for 'fall shopping, because this is not all and I didn't know first two days are gonna be so hot'. For him, it's simple - does this fit any more? nope. Ok let's get new ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Went to outlets, polo store. sonny likes a t-shirt pattern (plain, no collar, half sleeve), chooses seven shirts in the same pattern in different colors, chooses a coupla pants and shorts in the same store. shopping done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Kinnera wrote:Went to outlets, polo store. sonny likes a t-shirt pattern (plain, no collar, half sleeve), chooses seven shirts in the same pattern in different colors, chooses a coupla pants and shorts in the same store. shopping done!

oh it's a FULL PRODUCTION with us. I actually prefer she went alone or with friends. I was like let me drop you, go to gym, then come back and pick you. But oh no. She wants me when she wants to shop something serious. Why, you may wonder. She never ever ever picks what I like, in fact it comes with an insult of 'you don't know me at all!!!'. But she still wants me. For I go to sections and pick things she never sees. Then I guess I am there to keep focus. No matter how much I think before going in that I will be passive, soon I am involved in picking this, discarding that, giving opinion on everything. And lastly there's entertainment and chatting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:16 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Yeah rite... my greatgrandfather stitched 3 shirts and shorts for me and my cousins when were 3 y/o.

They fitted me when I was 14. Now that is what you call "investment" for life.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Even by uppili standards it is a strech to say añy one at 14 can fit into a 3 year old dress. show somé respect to readers .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:02 pm

truthbetold wrote:Even by uppili standards it is a strech to say añy one at 14 can fit into a 3 year old dress. show somé respect to readers .  

i believe it: uppili never grew.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:59 pm

truthbetold wrote:Even by uppili standards it is a strech to say añy one at 14 can fit into a 3 year old dress. show somé respect to readers .  

Well.. I even remember the colors (even more laughable) and my great grandfather wore his short like Kamaraj (Google) and that is what he stitched his shirt for us. But, I cherish the memories bcz that is one of the few I remember about my great grandfather.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:08 pm

I too remember the Binny cloth (dark blue/lightblack checked shirts) which we all brothers got. I remember the eldest bro's  shirt used for the youngest one.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:54 pm

omg one or two years my rents, especially dad, made me wear extra long tunic, going well below my knees AFTER folding it up the hem to make it shorter, coz 1) it shrinks after washing and 2) I am growing too fast. Was such an inconvenience running around in that long dress. Glad he was right and it shrunk up to the right length by next year. But next time I refused point blank.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down