Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should media bare some responsibility

+4
indophile
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
b_A
confuzzled dude
8 posters

Go down

Should media bare some responsibility  Empty Should media bare some responsibility

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:10 am

for these beheadings; after all they were entertaining these freelancers, knowing they're in harms way, to save some bucks. Even in gaza only BBC put reporters on the ground none of the American media had any.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Should media bare some responsibility  Empty Re: Should media bare some responsibility

Post by b_A Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:42 am

Paging the evil loser. Your chance to earn your daily dollar.
And paging nevada to (+1) after the evil loser earns Its daily wage.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Should media bare some responsibility  Empty Re: Should media bare some responsibility

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:12 am

confuzzled dude wrote:for these beheadings; after all they were entertaining these freelancers, knowing they're in harms way, to save some bucks. Even in gaza only BBC put reporters on the ground none of the American media had any.

I agree with you...Ths Islami State Jehadis were just doing their job and practicing their religion in killing non-believers. The media should not interfere in their work and encourage these freelancers.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:48 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:for these beheadings; after all they were entertaining these freelancers, knowing they're in harms way, to save some bucks. Even in gaza only BBC put reporters on the ground none of the American media had any.

I agree with you...Ths Islami State Jehadis were just doing their job and practicing their religion in killing non-believers. The media should not interfere in their work and encourage these freelancers.
Reminds me of a story I heard as a child.

A thief while trying to dig a nice sized hole in the wall to enter a house and he got killed by a falling brick. The thief’s wife complained to the king of the city that the house owner did not build his house per code, and that got her husband killed while he was only engaged in his trade.  

The king summoned the house owner and made a seat of the pants determination that the owner is guilty and he should be hanged.

The house owner claimed he only wrote checks; it was the contractor who built the house, and the king should question him.

The owner was let go and the contractor was brought in, and the king ordered hanging the contractor.

The contractor put the blame on the mason who was actually laying bricks on mortar while building the house.

Contractor out and mason in. The king was getting impatient. He ordered the mason to be hanged immediately.

The mason shivered in his pants and put the blame on the sexy nurse who was taking strolls along the street where the house was being built. The mason claimed he was kind of distracted by her.

The nurse was brought in next. She said it was not her fault. She had to walk along the street because the goldsmith in the street promised that her bangles would be ready, and whenever she went to collect, they were not ready. So she had to walk along the street next time she got a break.

The goldsmith was in next. Poor guy did not have a ready excuse. When the black cloth was put on his head covering his face, an idea struck. He started hurrying the hangmen to hang him quickly within one minute. The king asked what was going on. The goldsmith explained that there was an excellent “muhurtam” in the next one minute to jettison his mortal coils, and the muhurtam assured that he would be the king of that town in his immediate next birth.

The king didn’t like this idea one bit. How could a lowly “sonari” be the king! So the king ran to the gallows, grabbed the black cloth and covered his head, and asked the hangmen to their job quickly.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:59 am

b_A wrote:Paging the evil loser. Your chance to earn your daily dollar.
And paging nevada to (+1) after the evil loser earns Its daily wage.
Lol, glad you saw this thread before me!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

lol!
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Daniel Pearl was one of the first if not the first American journalists to be killed by terrorists post 9-11. He was an employee of the esteemed Walll St Journal. I think these media companies encourage freelancers to limit their liability financially and also from a PR angle. 

The freelancers know what kind of risk they are taking. Their desperation or sense of adventure or flair for flirting with danger takes them there. No one forced them to go there. When you make choices, you have to live or die with the consequences. You cannot blame someone else for your choices.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:15 pm

nevada wrote:Daniel Pearl was one of the first if not the first American journalists to be killed by terrorists post 9-11. He was an employee of the esteemed Walll St Journal. I think these media companies encourage freelancers to limit their liability financially and also from a PR angle

The freelancers know what kind of risk they are taking. Their desperation or sense of adventure or flair for flirting with danger takes them there. No one forced them to go there. When you make choices, you have to live or die with the consequences. You cannot blame someone else for your choices.
That was my point. I heard one of the journalists talk about it, with shoestring budget these freelancers end up with sources that are not properly vetted putting them at much higher risk than they normally would be. If these media outlets can't afford them they shouldn't encourage or use them.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:19 pm

So it is okay to behead bcz the reporter just doing his job without any protection?

BTW, u getting trained by our other 'guru' here who claims Moguls were soft rulers?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:33 pm

FluteHolder wrote:So it is okay to behead bcz the reporter just doing his job without any protection?
Where did I say that? Did you know that French rescued one of their journalists who was held hostage by Isis and was kept in the same house as Foley why couldn't the US do that
FluteHolder wrote:
BTW, u getting trained by our other 'guru' here who claims Moguls were soft rulers?
I can't help much if you've already made up your mind on my opinions

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:51 pm

indophile wrote:

A thief while trying to dig a nice sized hole in the wall to enter a house and he got killed by a falling brick. The thief’s wife complained to the king of the city that the house owner did not build his house per code, and that got her husband killed while he was only engaged in his trade.  

The king summoned the house owner and made a seat of the pants determination that the owner is guilty and he should be hanged.

The house owner claimed he only wrote checks; it was the contractor who built the house, and the king should question him.

The owner was let go and the contractor was brought in, and the king ordered hanging the contractor.

The contractor put the blame on the mason who was actually laying bricks on mortar while building the house.

Contractor out and mason in. The king was getting impatient. He ordered the mason to be hanged immediately.

The mason shivered in his pants and put the blame on the sexy nurse who was taking strolls along the street where the house was being built. The mason claimed he was kind of distracted by her.

The nurse was brought in next. She said it was not her fault. She had to walk along the street because the goldsmith in the street promised that her bangles would be ready, and whenever she went to collect, they were not ready. So she had to walk along the street next time she got a break.

The goldsmith was in next. Poor guy did not have a ready excuse. When the black cloth was put on his head covering his face, an idea struck. He started hurrying the hangmen to hang him quickly within one minute. The king asked what was going on. The goldsmith explained that there was an excellent “muhurtam” in the next one minute to jettison his mortal coils, and the muhurtam assured that he would be the king of that town in his immediate next birth.

The king didn’t like this idea one bit. How could a lowly “sonari” be the king! So the king ran to the gallows, grabbed the black cloth and covered his head, and asked the hangmen to their job quickly.

Good Story. Heard it many years before. But the version I heard somehow gets the responsibility back to the King.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:43 pm

smArtha wrote:
indophile wrote:

Good Story. Heard it many years before. But the version I heard somehow gets the responsibility back to the King.
That's what I remember too.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down