Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where should the new Tankbund be...........

Go down

Where should the new Tankbund be........... Empty Where should the new Tankbund be...........

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:52 pm

It is possible that TRS goons will become pieceful again and knockdown the statues on Tankbund in Hyderabad.

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00499/HY11STATUE_G712CQ0C_499739g.jpg

So, where should AP install these statues?

Whose statues?

Here are some suggestions:

Gautamiputra Satakarni

Nagarjuna

Krishnadevaraya

Nannaya

Tikkana

Yerrapragada

Narayanatheertha

Tyagaraja

Gurajada Appa Rao

Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu

Yellapragada Subba Rao

Govindarajula Subba Rao

Madhavapeddi Venkataramaiah

Abburi Varaprasada Rao

K. L. Rao

Mokshagundam Visweswaraiah

Sarvepalli Radhakrishna

Cattamanchi Ramalinga Reddy

Kshetrayya

Annamachari

Ramadasu

Last edited by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Where should the new Tankbund be........... Empty Re: Where should the new Tankbund be...........

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:56 pm

was Sarvepalli Radhakrishna a telugu? i always thought he was a tamilian. Also, wasn't Ramadasu a Telangana telugu? and by the way, why should a person who embezzled funds from the state treasury be honored?

Back to top Go down

Where should the new Tankbund be........... Empty Re: Where should the new Tankbund be...........

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Rashmun wrote:was Sarvepalli Radhakrishna a telugu? i always thought he was a tamilian. Also, wasn't Ramadasu a Telangana telugu? and by the way, why should a person who embezzled funds from the state treasury be honored?
Bhadrachalam actually belonged Andhra before 1956 (before merger with Telangana). Ramadasu worked in Bhadrachalam. He was very much a person of Andhra background. I included his name for his musical compositions.

I wanted to include "Rani Rudramadevi", the famous Kakatiya ruler. Her capital now belongs to Telangana.

Radhakrishna was a Telugu, not a Tamil.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:was Sarvepalli Radhakrishna a telugu? i always thought he was a tamilian. Also, wasn't Ramadasu a Telangana telugu? and by the way, why should a person who embezzled funds from the state treasury be honored?
Bhadrachalam actually belonged Andhra before 1956 (before merger with Telangana). Ramadasu worked in Bhadrachalam. He was very much a person of Andhra background. I included his name for his musical compositions.

I wanted to include "Rani Rudramadevi", the famous Kakatiya ruler. Her capital now belongs to Telangana.

Did Ramadasu work in Bhadrachalam or did he work in Golconda? I thought he was an employee of Sultan Tanashah of Golconda whose fort is near Hyderabad. Also, Ramadasu had stolen money from the state treasury of Tanashah. Given this fact, why should he be honored today? It is like honoring a person who indulges in corruption. So what if Ramadasu used the money to build a temple. And who knows whether he pocketed some of the money he had embezzled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Did Ramadasu work in Bhadrachalam or did he work in Golconda? I thought he was an employee of Sultan Tanashah of Golconda whose fort is near Hyderabad. Also, Ramadasu had stolen money from the state treasury of Tanashah. Given this fact, why should he be honored today? It is like honoring a person who indulges in corruption. So what if Ramadasu used the money to build a temple. And who knows whether he pocketed some of the money he had embezzled.
The guy spent all the money for jewelry for the temple idols and accounted for them. Even Tanisha honored him in the end. My own view is that he deserved the punishment he got. However, his devotional songs are extremely famous in SI and people follow his folklore.

Golconda (Qutb Shahi)  dynasty depended for its revenue MAINLY on diamonds from Kollur mines (near Guntur) and revenue from coastal Andhra. In case you don't know, they also built Charminar and other buildings with the revenue. Akkanna and Madanna (ministers in Golconda), I think, were from coastal areas (Vijayawada?). Machilipatnam port in coastal Andhra was used by them for trade. So, don't presume that Golconda was mainly a Telangana dynasty (it was certainly not). Incidentally, the colonial powers first used Machilipatnam before moving down south to Madras (which was not a big place at that time) and then to Kolkata.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down