Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

khadi sawari

Go down

khadi sawari Empty khadi sawari

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:14 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/10/travel/standing-cabin-plane-study/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

The vertical passenger seat -- or "standing cabin" -- may be the next big cost-cutting move in aviation, according to a new report whose author says the concept could be here within five years.
"I stumbled across the idea when I was looking (into) ways to reduce the flight ticket price," Fairuz Romli, who authored the report published in the IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, tells CNN by email.
Romli, an aerospace engineering professor at the Universiti Putra Malaysia, says his motivation is to lower the cost of air travel to a level competitive with buses and trains.
Using the popular Boeing 737-300 as an example, his study calculates that a standing cabin would lead to a 21% increase in passenger capacity while dropping ticket prices by as much as 44%.
"I'm a frequent flier and most of the times during domestic flights, it feels like the flying time is very short that the aircraft is already descending for landing before you can unfasten your seatbelt after takeoff," he says.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum