Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian way of recognizing...

4 posters

Go down

Indian way of recognizing... Empty Indian way of recognizing...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:38 am

that you have achieved something in life and you are somebody: referring to you as Max Sir, Indo Sir, BK Madam, BW Madam...

Just realized that the only time, I was called "Marathadi Sir" was when I was a street thug once upon a time in T Nagar. Since then, all respect gone and have simply become a "Marathadi SaamiYaar"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Indian way of recognizing... Empty Re: Indian way of recognizing...

Post by Kris Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

that you have achieved something in life and you are somebody: referring to you as Max Sir, Indo Sir, BK Madam, BW Madam...

Just realized that the only time, I was called "Marathadi Sir" was when I was a street thug once upon a time in T Nagar. Since then, all respect gone and have simply become a "Marathadi SaamiYaar"

>>>The first time someone called me 'sir', I was in my 20s. I looked behind to see if there was someone else they were addressing.  I am a little amused these days when one of my kids' friends calls me Mr...... . In my own mind, I haven't outgrown adolescence in some ways and my kids are getting to the age where they see this age-behavior mismatch.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:16 pm

As usual a bunch of BS from Uppili, all upper caste people are called 'Sir' from the day they're born by lower caste people. It is their birthright.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:54 pm

No. I guess it is from the British era. I used to moderate an international chat room where most of the members from Asian(esp Ind/Pak/Bangla) always address other members esp if they are from uk/oz/us with 'sir'. I think it is a colonial mindset/habit and also a habit as respect towards elders.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Kris wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

>>>The first time someone called me 'sir', I was in my 20s. I looked behind to see if there was someone else they were addressing.  I am a little amused these days when one of my kids' friends calls me Mr...... . In my own mind, I haven't outgrown adolescence in some ways and my kids are getting to the age where they see this age-behavior mismatch.

Nothing hurts me more than when occasionally some fine USDA choice chick addresses me "Sir" at the counter. This is now happening more frequently.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down